It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Worlds Exist And Will Soon Be Testable, Expert Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
(i hope this is in the right forum)

Is there another you reading this article at this exact moment in a parallel universe? Dr. Brian Greene, author of The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos, believes that this freakish quirk of nature may exist; and he discusses its amazing possibilities in this 3-minute TV interview.

Here is the interview www.9news.com... (this video seems to be from Feb. 2011)

A growing number of cosmologists agree with Greene that we are but one of many universes and at least one of these other worlds lies close to ours, maybe only a millimeter away. We can’t see this world, because it exists in a type of space different from the four dimensions of our everyday reality. MIT’s Max Tegmark believes this multiverse model of ‘many universes’ is grounded in modern physics and will eventually be testable, predictive and disprovable. “This is not sci-fi,” he says, “its real science.” As research at the CERN Large Hadron Collider progresses, scientists are talking increasingly of a “new physics” on the horizon, which promise to help researchers understand more of the unknowns about our universe. This new approach includes developing a better understanding of dark energy, a mystery force that some forward thinkers believe indicates that a ‘sister’ universe lurks in our neighborhood. Strange happenings have been observed by cosmologists such as the Andromeda galaxy, 2.2 million light-years away speeding towards the Milky Way at 200,000 mph. This phenomenon makes sense logically if gravity leaking from an invisible universe were pulling the two galaxies together. Researchers at the WMAP space telescope recently discovered a force 10,000 times larger than the Milky Way, which they believe offers powerful evidence that a parallel universe may be in the area.

www.wakingtimes.com...
ieet.org...

What many people theorized and/or believed may become a reality soon, personally I think parallel "worlds" (or dimensions) exist.
I'm interested in the view on this subject by the great and diverse ATS community

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Been to 3 of them.

They go by the names Hades, Sheol and Tartarus.

Seen the paradises as well where Christians are not welcomed by pagan followers and feared by fallen watchers like in a 'high noon stand-off' in a dusty US cowboy town.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I SWEAR on my life that I have been in one during a very vivid dream.

Somehow we are connected to out other self(s).

Mine was this giant futuristic Venice type city, I was on a gunboat, similar to a small patrol boat in either the coast guard or navy. In it, I was myself, lost and sorta confused.

It is what got me interested in the show Sliders. Although the experience was more like something from an episode of Quantum Leap in how it felt.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Alundra

What many people theorized and/or believed may become a reality soon, personally I think parallel "worlds" (or dimensions) exist.

Or perhaps we collectively imagined it and the cosmos conspired to make it so.

Either our feeble brains really have no imagination, or everything conceivable truly exists or like I said before we willed it so.

Curious and curiouser....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Interesting. Could it maybe have been a lucid dream ?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

Well...it's an interesting idea and one that i could readilly accept...i've thought about similar things myself over the years, especially the idea that the 'quantity of space and matter' we consider to be the Universe, may just be the tip of the iceberg of what there actually is.

I suppose we'd just better hope that the alternative populations, aren't much further along in science and technology and have a dire shortage of water or some other vital resource...things would probably get ugly very quickly if they are indeed anything remotely like our version of Humanity.
edit on 4-1-2014 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

I have often wondered If déjà vu was connected to other dimensions.

Another thought on dimensions, I wonder if bringing ourselves to match the other us as in the movie "the one" (with out the killing) brings us closer to enlightenment as we draw closer to our natural universal bent so to speak.

I can't wait till it's proven, it would be like looking in the mirror and advising yourself about yourself, your own corporation of you.

Very interesting and strange times we live in, I'll raise my glass to ya!

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Really interesting topic, reminds me a bit of this movie from 2011 called Another Earth.
Worth the watch if you like this sorta stuff.

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here's how I feel about extra dimensions.

Another dimension can exist right beside us in time. We can remember a second ago, but we can never go back there. There could be an alternate dimension along side us a second ago, but it will always exist a second ago, and therefore we will never be able to touch it or see it. Maybe.

Since the energy field that makes up our 'now' is the same energy field that makes up our 'one second ago', some other dimension could be using that energy field with the same results, comprising an entirely different environment and reality.

There is no law that says my the energy that is being used as a platform to make my car exist in our 'now' could not be used one second ago to make another object exist, like a tree or submarine. You cannot add or subtract energy from the system, but that energy can take any form in any time frame.

Time, and only time, is the dimension in which our reality exists.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

I have often wondered if parallel universe's exist can our consciousness sort of... phase between some of them? Or they occasionally merge maybe? This might explain how many times Billy Graham has died (3) to my perception.
edit on 4-1-2014 by redhorse because: spellign er... spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Alundra

en.wikipedia.org...

I did not feel as if I was dreaming. And the city looked like futuristic one with weird shaped shiny metallic buildings and there was a war going on. One time thing I will always remember, kind of wish I could get hypnotized and have an artist draw what I describe. Was curious if anyone else has been to this place, the night had a reddish sunset glow in the sky instead of dark black like on earth. And the boats were a dark blue, along with the uniforms we were wearing.

The canals were approx. 100ft wide, the buildings were typical height for a big city. the weirdest part was the gunwales of the ship were unsually high, along with the bow. I woke up with that feeling you get after being on the water all day and you are in bed. That rocking motion, I swear I was there.

OP.....

what if some other parallel world stole our 1980's paradise and gave us their Bizarro 'just following orders' tyranny?

AND I THINK the parallel worlds would be a lot like Sliders. And there could really be CroMags.

maybe that was the war!.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's great to see someone like Greene hedging his bets by branching away from string theory. It's sad to see so many bright minds wasting their time and lives on a theory that is going nowhere.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Alundra

en.wikipedia.org...

I did not feel as if I was dreaming. And the city looked like futuristic one with weird shaped shiny metallic buildings and there was a war going on. One time thing I will always remember, kind of wish I could get hypnotized and have an artist draw what I describe. Was curious if anyone else has been to this place, the night had a reddish sunset glow in the sky instead of dark black like on earth. And the boats were a dark blue, along with the uniforms we were wearing.

The canals were approx. 100ft wide, the buildings were typical height for a big city. the weirdest part was the gunwales of the ship were unsually high, along with the bow. I woke up with that feeling you get after being on the water all day and you are in bed. That rocking motion, I swear I was there.

OP.....

what if some other parallel world stole our 1980's paradise and gave us their Bizarro 'just following orders' tyranny?

AND I THINK the parallel worlds would be a lot like Sliders. And there could really be CroMags.

maybe that was the war!.

Wow, this is so fascinating that I can almost see the things you describe in my mind, And if I can 'picture' it then I'm sure someone who can draw or paint (i certainly can't) will come up with some interesting images

And you know what ? You maybe onto something with the 1980's thing.. I mean since the 80's everything has changed in such a fast pace that it's really hard to keep up with everything thats going on these days. Maybe information overload ? Or are we as humans not ready or evolved enough to absorb all that is surrounding us ?

Are we slowly but gradually getting smart enough to 'crack' the mysteries of the universe ?

Nice replies everyone, keep 'em coming !

And cheers to you too Treespeaker

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

I'm not so sure these are already extent, but, alternatives will certainly be created as a result of Time Travel in consideration that once something is observed, it stays observed and indestructible.

In other words, you can go back in time and save JFK, or change 'history' any which way one desires, but, the originating timeline remains in-tact while any changes enacted create an alternative.

So, yes, one could save JFK and then come back to their original point of reference without any changes in evidence, or, choose to follow that alternative to whatever conclusion.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

It's all fun in games until you end up like these people.

Thanks for sharing OP, I can't wait to hear what comes out of this.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by Alundra

I'm not so sure these are already extent, but, alternatives will certainly be created as a result of Time Travel in consideration that once something is observed, it stays observed and indestructible.

In other words, you can go back in time and save JFK, or change 'history' any which way one desires, but, the originating timeline remains in-tact while any changes enacted create an alternative.

So, yes, one could save JFK and then come back to their original point of reference without any changes in evidence, or, choose to follow that alternative to whatever conclusion.

Hypothetically how does a person come back to the original point of reference if the lines diverge the moment a change is made?
If something stays "observed and indestructible", how does this rule apply to a person if they did make it back to the original point of reference where the said changes have not occurred? Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are trying to articulate.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

Multi dimensional reality. It can be contended that there is not only a closely familiar universe right next door to this one but that it is interconnected to this one in which we think we live. That we actually live in several universes at once and that we by our actions and thoughts move by our own determination from one to the other. The more we act and think towards our preferred reality, the more we find ourselves there rather than where we were.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It was my understanding that parallel universes and extra dimensions are different things.

Dimensions are aspects, or points of reference, inside of a universe. An alternative universe exists outside our own universe and has all its own unrelated dimensions.

I think of alternative universes as being "out of sync" or "off frequency", like on a different channel, it's there, but unless you somehow tune in to it, you can't experience it.

IMO, an alternate universe literally doesn't exist in our reality and you would have to cease existing in our universe if you somehow passed into another.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
IMO, an alternate universe literally doesn't exist in our reality and you would have to cease existing in our universe if you somehow passed into another.

I think your close with that one. IMO; Our universes are connected in intangible ways. That the only separating us is frequency, and perception. I'm pretty sure our 'ceasing to exist' in this reality, is what happens when we die. My pops always used to say that, when we die, we don't 'blink out,' we simply move on to the next plane of existence. I think he was right.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

TheDualityExperience

Hypothetically how does a person come back to the original point of reference if the lines diverge the moment a change is made?
If something stays "observed and indestructible", how does this rule apply to a person if they did make it back to the original point of reference where the said changes have not occurred? Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are trying to articulate.

Well, since we don't have Space-Time Machines, all we really have is Math, Imagination, and Speculation based on such.

How would anyone bridge/travel through Space-Time to begin with?
How would they navigate such travel once underway?

As far as answering your questions, one could only presume to find the way "home", to the originating unaltered point of reference, one would need traverse back from an altered instance, uncoupled from any manifold allowing alteration, and then 'follow' the original unaltered instance forward, back to point of origin.

Of course, any alternates created now too exist and could be navigated to, however Space-Time Alternatives are navigated.

Consider too that any travel in time is necessarily a travel through space since:

Our Galaxy itself travels 552 ± 6 km/s in relation to Cosmic Microwave Background
Our Sun then travels around the Galactic Core
Our Planet further travels around the sun.
As well, our planet has a rotational speed.

Any sort of Space-Time alternative dimensionality navigation will thus require some proper sophisticated positional awareness as well as predictive modelling in cartography for any travel.

Such travel won't be a train ride on rails of forwards and backwards, but, a constant chart between the classical 3 Dimensions, as well as Time, plus alternatives.
There's more axes of control than that, but, 5 axis navigation is quite enough complication for bare bones convertible open wheel no windscreen soap-box "time travel".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join