It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Reports coming in All over California and Beyond

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

RoScoLaz
(from article) " It hovered there for probably 60 seconds "

well lanterns don't hover to the best of my knowledge.

They can appear to hover if they're moving straight at you. Lanterns don't move very fast. Usually only as fast as the wind.

Just like when planes are approaching an airport with their landing lights on. It can seem like they just hover, but they're actually traveling for miles until they make their turn for the runway.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A simple search will show pages of reports over the last three days.

Not all of these reports are consistent with lanterns....Some are

But, there are some strange ones especially in San Diego.

They had lanterns on the news in 09. Just don't want to miss something.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

another case of people just wanting to believe so they see what isn,t there.

lanterns pure and simple and nothing more.i want to see a ufo and have witnessed a lantern myself which does look impressive in the sky but if your true to finding the truth then in your hearts of heart you have to admit that these are lanterns pure and simple.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You see, you were doing fine right up until you have to explain away the 'high rate of speed'

As far as the lanterns taking off at a high speed, that's probably the alcohol talking after the lanterns blinked out.

You can't. So you make light of it and blame it on the witness being drunk. I've seen 'lanterns' take off at a 'high rate of speed' from north to south. And one better, zig zag and stop in mid air. Was it the alcohol 'cause there were three of us there who saw the same thing.

Thing is, all the logic in world you try to use to explain irrational things, fall apart as soon it becomes 'irrational' You can't explain away 'high rate of speed' no matter how you try to spin it.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

A high rate of speed relative to what? The speed it was traveling previously? Since the term "high rate of speed" is completely relative to what the witness thinks

You would know it when you see a 'high rate of speed'. It's speed that defies the rate of what you are supposedly looking at. Extreme acceleration.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Time traveling Interstellar space tourists, here to watch the big show about to happen on the West Coast. Seriously, I hope they are here to save some of the aquatic life from the devastating Fukishima disaster. Isn't the radiation slated to arrive now? I actually came on ATS to get more information on this serious event but found nothing about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

If you know or have read something about it, please post it or make a thread about it, if you can.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

TheWiseDwarf
This is the first Chinese Lantern-looking UFO thread I'm taking with a grain of salt because one of the witnesses said it was 'hovering for probably 60 seconds and then took off at a high rate of speed.'

Are the rest of you ignoring that part because you think the witness is overreacting/misinterpreting/lying? Though I can't disagree with these thoughts
But what if it actually did go up with a fascinating high rate of speed?
edit on 4-1-2014 by TheWiseDwarf because: Grammar

They are ignoring this part because they are thinking about those black project Chinese lanterns with instantaneous stationary to mach 3 capabilities.

They cost a bit more than the typical Chinese lanterns but provide full Blue Book style swamp gas deniability .

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Thanks, I quit creating threads in Alien/UFO forums a long time ago. It is not just off worlders but also Time Travelers from our own future here on educational studies. We will see in a short time. Oh wait did you mean about the Fukishima Radiation about to hit the west Coast USA? That is viral on the web.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

badgerprints

TheWiseDwarf
This is the first Chinese Lantern-looking UFO thread I'm taking with a grain of salt because one of the witnesses said it was 'hovering for probably 60 seconds and then took off at a high rate of speed.'

Are the rest of you ignoring that part because you think the witness is overreacting/misinterpreting/lying? Though I can't disagree with these thoughts

They are ignoring this part because they are thinking about those black project Chinese lanterns with instantaneous stationary to mach 3 capabilities.

They cost a bit more than the typical Chinese lanterns but provide full Blue Book style swamp gas deniability .

no i,m not ignoring this part,i,m ignoring this part that someone says without the proof.

i can point my phone or camera at sky and get a light. show me that the light in the sky is nothing more than a light.

seriously i want it to be but i also want it to be beyond doubt and what i see is what i see all the time,daft videos that are clearly just laterns that are made to look like something else.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

antar

It is not just off worlders but also Time Travelers from our own future here on educational studies.

Now that would be a cool thread

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The Time Traveller / Off Worlder thing sounds worth a listen but if you aren't writing about it on ATS then that's your choice.

I was meaning the Fukushima radiation hitting the USA tomorrow comment. I know the things I know about it from my own means but here in the UK it isn't every day news, in fact it is rarely mentioned.

I have read a few reports but nothing about specific days. I wondered if you had read a specific report detailing such exactitude.

Just to add, I think the more awareness of the radiation the better.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's hard to consider it as UfO's when it was New Years Eve and seen during fireworks going off.
The reports sound like those of Chinese lanterns or fireworks. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Surely Chinese lanterns are free floating and are subject to the winds going in different directions at different altitudes. Rather like a hot air balloons which rely on these different direction air currents to get where they are going.

I do not think Chinese lanterns would stay together or in formation for very long after launch due to them being relatively lightweight and easily blown about by the wind. They could be tied together I suppose but if one went out, it would drag the others down too which defeats the whole object of the exercise.

Even in a calm day or night, there are wind currents blowing at different speeds at different altitudes.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Chinese lanterns seems to make the most sense.

Although I do hope they're not Earthquake lights...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Here is one juicy piece of info:
www.lewrockwell.com...

Another:
www.turnerradionetwork.com...
edit on pm131pmSat, 04 Jan 2014 21:56:50 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

sparky31

badgerprints

TheWiseDwarf

no i,m not ignoring this part,i,m ignoring this part that someone says without the proof.

i can point my phone or camera at sky and get a light. show me that the light in the sky is nothing more than a light.

seriously i want it to be but i also want it to be beyond doubt and what i see is what i see all the time,daft videos that are clearly just laterns that are made to look like something else.

Don't worry. I wasn't picking on you in particular. Just playing devils advocate.
I'd like to see some proof myself.
I do, however, like the idea of a mach 3 chinese lantern.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join