It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Reports coming in All over California and Beyond

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's really heating up across California. I rarely post this forum but here goes...

CALIFORNIA — Several people say they saw a strange thing in the sky over California on New Year’s Eve and they say it wasn’t fireworks, but a UFO. These people saw multiple glowing objects over several cities including Sacramento, Auburn and Stockton. Someone captured video of a similar image in the sky over Hollywood, spotted during the fireworks. They all report seeing four to six unusual-looking lights.

Now on New Years you might immediately think Lanterns...

Probably, but the some reports said the took off at a high rate of speed.

California isn’t the only place where people are reporting seeing the same six strange lights. Folks in North Carolina, both Greensboro and Raleigh, reported seeing the glowing objects. Everyone is still waiting to find out if there’s an official explanation for what those people saw.

Checking Youtube there were several sightings the past few days.

Lots of people would like more civility, we can start here.

This is not my sighting...the volume got my attention.

MyFox8.com

ABCNews.go.com
edit on 4-1-2014 by whyamIhere because: Fix link

edit on 4-1-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reaston given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I hate to be "that guy", but it seems like if there was ever a time to call chinese lanterns on a ufo wave, new years eve would be it.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's the kardashians.

They are aliens after all.

But really, I agree with the above poster. (Am not asserting disbelieve of UFOs all together just saying in this case.)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Chinese lanterns also take off, as in the start on the ground then go up so nothing special about that.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

The MyFOX link is not working. Do you have any more proof or can you repost this link? Sounds like an interesting story.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That's what they look like to me.

Some people said "they took off at a high rate of speed".

I don't know what to think....Just throwing it out there.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

MountainEnigma

The MyFOX link is not working. Do you have any more proof or can you repost this link? Sounds like an interesting story.

The link is fixed....Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
OP, it might be worth it to post the full article, because then it looks slightly different than a Chinese lantern.

Here's the full article from your link:

Federal authorities said today there has been no ''unusual flight activity'' in California despite a flurry of reports by civilians in several cities who believe they saw strange light in the sky on New Years morning.

''I seen like six bright orange colored light,'' Kaye Pinlac of Stockton told ABCNews affiliate News 10. ''They were almost like in a diamond or triangle shape. It was weird. And so they started just separating.'' Pinlac captured a video of the lighted object on his iPhone.

More witnesses across California reported similar sighting around the same time, including from Sacramento and Auburn.

''Well, we saw it right through the trees,'' Steven Brown from Sacramento told News 10.

''It was bright enough to shine directly through the trees without any problem seeing it,'' he said. ''Whatever it was moved up and to the left... It hovered there for probably 60 seconds, then it took off at a high rate of speed.''

Auburn residents Terry and Hans Mauth told News 10 described similar sighting that happened on New Year's Eve. ''No sound, no blinking lights, just this big illuminated form,'' said Terry Mauth.

Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said there were no reports on UFOs.

"There was no unusual flight activity reported Tuesday night,'' Gregor told ABCNews.com today.

The reports came few days after the discovery of a crop circle in Salinas, Calif., which also sparkled speculation that were UFO related.

''It hovered there for probably 60 seconds, then it took off at a high rate of speed.'' Chinese Lanterns do not hover for 60 seconds and then take off with a high rate of speed. Taking it that with 'a high rate of speed' they at least mean 100mph.
edit on 4-1-2014 by TheWiseDwarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

TheWiseDwarf
OP, it might be worth it to post the full article, because then it looks slightly different than a Chinese lantern.

The images and descriptions are that of Chinese lanterns.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWiseDwarf

Thanks for posting the full article.

If it was your typical NYE Chinese Lanterns we see every year.

I would not of posted....I was hoping maybe a member saw them.

ADD: the Networks picked up the story. These things were seen all over.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think the full article makes it read like they definitely were lanterns. No reports on the day, nothing unusual.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

whyamIhere
ADD: the Networks picked up the story. These things were seen all over.

Networks picking up the story doesn't make them any less Chinese lanterns. All networks post "lights in the sky at night" videos all the time. It gives them something to report.

And they were seen all over because New Years celebrations were happening all over. When lanterns get high enough in the sky, they become visible by many.

The image in the OP is of lanterns. You can clearly see them rising up from the ground, just like every other image and video of lanterns. The orange/yellow color is the color of the burning flame inside lanterns.

As far as the lanterns taking off at a high speed, that's probably the alcohol talking after the lanterns blinked out.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

LadyTrick
I think the full article makes it read like they definitely were lanterns. No reports on the day, nothing unusual.

There were 100's of reports the last three days.

They were probably all lanterns....but, there are lots of reports.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've been shouting 'Chinese Lanterns' as a reply to the last handful of UFO threads because they 99,99% looked and were described like them. This is the first Chinese Lantern-looking UFO thread I'm taking with a grain of salt because one of the witnesses said it was 'hovering for probably 60 seconds and then took off at a high rate of speed.'

Are the rest of you ignoring that part because you think the witness is overreacting/misinterpreting/lying? Though I can't disagree with these thoughts
But what if it actually did go up with a fascinating high rate of speed?
edit on 4-1-2014 by TheWiseDwarf because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The chinese lanterns I have seen looked nothing like the UFO I have seen.

I think the people reporting those should have been asked about lanterns and maybe even shown a video of them to see if they thought it resembled those or not.

Shoddy local reporting of such a whimsical nature doesn't help with getting to the truth of sightings.
edit on 4-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

TheWiseDwarf
I've been shouting 'Chinese Lanterns' as a reply to the last handful of UFO threads because they 99,99% looked and were described like them. This is the first Chinese Lantern-looking UFO thread I'm taking with a grain of salt because one of the witnesses said it was 'hovering for probably 60 seconds and then took off at a high rate of speed.'

Are the rest of you ignoring that part because you think the witness is overreacting/misinterpreting/lying? Though I can't disagree with these thoughts
But what if it actually did go up with a fascinating high rate of speed?
edit on 4-1-2014 by TheWiseDwarf because: Grammar

A high rate of speed relative to what? The speed it was traveling previously? Since the term "high rate of speed" is completely relative to what the witness thinks, it's impossible to jump to the conclusion of aliens. We don't have one of the objects clocked on radar at 6000mph. As for hovering, it's quite possible the witness saw the object at such an angle that it appeared to be stationary, when in fact it could have been traveling slowly directly toward or away from the witness for 60 seconds and then got picked up by a gust of wind and flew away at "a high rate of speed".

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Now on New Years you might immediately think Lanterns...

Probably, but the some reports said the took off at a high rate of speed.

Checking Youtube there were several sightings the past few days.

Im guessing none of the ones that took off at a high rate of speed made it on to youtube?

Im guessing all the ones on youtube look like Chinese lanterns?

edit on 4-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Looks like lanterns to me…

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
(from article) " It hovered there for probably 60 seconds "

well lanterns don't hover to the best of my knowledge.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The witnesses may not have all seen the same thing. The objects that drifted sound like lanterns, the filmed objects look like lanterns, the objects taking off at speed sounds like something else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join