It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirage Men is out.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't suggest "guilt by association," but I do suggest that the following is only the tip o' the iceberg.

Jolyon did his pychiatry residency at Cornell, an MKULTRA institution and site of the Human Ecology Foundation. He later became a subcontractor for MKULTRA subproject 43, a $20,800 grant by the CIA while he was chairman of the department of Psychiatry at the University of Oklahoma. The proposal submitted by West was titled "Psychophysiological Studies of Hypnosis and Suggestability” with an accompanying document titled “Studies of Dissociative States".[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

from an Email received by Springer from Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green:

I have never, in any way...manner...shape...or form been involved in "Mind Control" research, nor do I know anyone, personally, who has been...with the single exception of Dr. Sid Gottlieb...whom I met briefly twice in 1971…I also met Joslyn [sic] West, MD, PhD...who has been claimed to have been involved in Mind Control research on the web. It is a lie, in my personal opinion. He said he was not, and I believed him. I worked with him for many years after I left Government full-time employment, from about 1987 until he died a few years ago. A more ethical and honorable physician I have never met…

Of course, information can be construed a number of different ways. Maybe the Jolly Mon was working for the good of mankind in an "end justifies the means" sort of way. I bet Dulles and Gottlieb told themselves that every day.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just received a copy of the 'Mirage Men' book I had on reserve from my local library. It is a fantastic read, very well written, but there are certain things Pilkington has done that I feel attempt to close discourse.

For example, he writes of Thomas Mantell, allegedly chasing a UFO, but Pilkington asserts this was in fact a Navy Skyhook Balloon. I've read a bit about this case including an excellent thread by Karl12, and I do not get the impression Mantell was chasing a balloon.

There are other instances where things are stated, but there is little referencing, and the notes at the back of the book give little, if any further detail. Is this a subtle form of attempting to influence the reader (particularly those less familiar with UFO history), or just simply Pilkington showing his own biases and opinions? I'd like to think the latter, but in light of the territory we are covering, I'm inclined to think the former.

In my opinion, authors of this subject matter should present all evidence, otherwise they may fall into the trap of misinformation and disinformation, something they are more than willing to accuse others of.
edit on 23-1-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

Much like yourself I think there are cases that Pilkington dismisses too easily but I enjoyed the book - and the movie - because I understood it as not about making or breaking the case for a non-human origin behind some UFO events, but as it being about how we perceive the phenomenon and the beliefs themselves that make up that perception. And in that sense, it doesn't really matter what we - including Pilkington - think of a particular case.

I think Pilkington's general position on UFOs, that comes across in the book, is also a product of something that often happens to people that don't get stuck on one belief or theory and that go through a phase of disillusionment with the field. We can see that progression in Pilkington as he explains his own journey through the field. I don't see that as bad. I think what's bad is when people get stuck on one belief or theory - whether it's "aliens are definitely coming here" or "UFOs are all bunk and misidentifications" - and never honestly explore the other possibilities.

Then with one of the main elements in the book, the Bennewitz case, Pilkington tries to, I think, show us how this official disinformation campaign shaped much of the modern popular beliefs about UFOs and alien visitation, so it's important to question our own beliefs as well as scientifically researching a case, or submitting FOIA requests and following the paper trail.

edit on 23-1-2014 by vbstrvct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah maybe Kit Green, a CIA head of science and weapons technology, is a saint. And so are the rest of those wonderful guys who scheme on murder, like the Phoenix program, MKultra type projects, upending governments, droning children are all saints…sure, Jim Angleton, the guy who may have took out JFK, Richard Helms, the guy who burned all those MKultra files… and all those wonderful ex murderers are great guys.

Sure Green was just investigating Ouija boards and cap guns for the CIA, nothing serious or sinister, like mind control weapons or weapons that kill and look like natural causes, or drive people nuts ( like Paul Bennewitz)…he’d never do anything like that…
He's just a nice old man

Read the book, Mirage Men, Mark Pilkington and his buddy John, your protagonists, almost wanted to kiss his behind when the great master Kit Green called them over to explain things

And lo and behold, they just happend to believe him so much they literally changed their whole perspective after his holy lecture.

Please!

Believe me, abusing UFOnauts was fun to these murderers.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Take it with a grain of salt of course, but the guys at Reality Uncovered were all over SERPO.

Speaking of leaks, someone on the inside of the OM (Obnoxious Morons) team, recently contacted us and gave us some very interesting information. Some of it we already knew, and some of it we have long suspected. Some of it seemed like he might have been slipping us some false information in with the good.

Essentially, he told us that a certain Kit Green is at least three other people on that forum and is responsible for the majority of decisions the OM admin team make in certain situations. We’ll be reporting on some of this information in due course, but I did find it extremely interesting that two of these other supposed personas are Canadian.

During our Serpo investigation, ex team member “Centrist” told me how he had explained to Kit how he could connect to an ISP in another state or even country and hide his actual location from email and webservers. The example he used in his demonstration was Canada. Obviously, I can’t vouch for the authenticity of the story because I wasn’t there, but not long after that a certain member registered at OM from Canada and proceeded to become a right pain in the backside to seekers of truth everywhere. Oddly enough, both he and Kit share a very strong chinese connection…

The allegation of OM creating a particular hoax in order to drive up membership and forum activity is a serious one that we are currently actively investigating.
link

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Anyone else found any mention of the Mound Labratory in Miamisburg, Ohio?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Any news on a u.k. release date ?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

March. VOD release followed by DVD with a few cinema screenings. If you are anywhere near Bristol there's a special screening with live music performance on March 27th at the Arnolfini. Other screenings will be announced soon.
www.arnolfini.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
For your information:

www.yekra.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RoloD

I'm curious where that Scott Carpenter quote comes from. Jim Oberg has an email from him on his website saying the quote is a complete fabrication.

The quote (below) is absolute hogwash and a blatant lie. I never thought it, never said it, and it never happened

NASA's Scott Carpenter "At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Downloaded the torrent, its worse than history channel ancient aliens with all the made up pseudo science...

Definitely not worth it

Course it would be interesting stoned, or as a drinking game when they say hrmm, aliens! Take a shot

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

freelance_zenarchist

I'm curious where that Scott Carpenter quote comes from....

Could be Scott Carpenter of the New Age Spiritualism Academy!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

That ludicrous quote and stupid image is nothing to do with us - the distrbutors (Yekra) are responsible for that,and it doesn't reflect the film at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RoloD

Oh man, that sucks. You guys did a great job on all the promotional stuff for the film, the website and ad banners etc. all look great. They should have left the advertising up to you, or used one of your ads.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

RoloD
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

That ludicrous quote and stupid image is nothing to do with us - the distrbutors (Yekra) are responsible for that,and it doesn't reflect the film at all.

You guys should sell those decks of cards you had in the movie.

Also goddamn Yekra dropped the ball. o_O

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by RoloD

Oh man, that sucks. You guys did a great job on all the promotional stuff for the film, the website and ad banners etc. all look great. They should have left the advertising up to you, or used one of your ads.

Well we gave them all our publicity material - we just didn't know they were going to beat it all to death with their idiot stick.
edit on 17-2-2014 by RoloD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RoloD

If it were me, I'd subvert it a bit, continuing to link Yekra but mostly using your original packaging. Get people to remember the name and message while being subjected to multiple images associated with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There is some real Mirage Men news. In the documents released by Snowden, there is some UFO material. It's part of a slideshow by UK intelligence demonstrating how to use commercial-type imagery to influence and shape thoughts in the information age.

Mark Pilkington introduces it here, Mirage Men Revealed?, which will link you to an article with the slideshow presentation. Sadly, we have only the slides and not the text of the lecture that went with it.

this material fits so perfectly with what Mark Pilkington is talking about in Mirage Men and his lecture "Abuses of Enchantment", I wouldn't be at all surprised to find they'd been sitting in the audience.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: vbstrvct

As of late, I may come to agree with you regarding information I mentioned and not being aware at the time that it could have been disinfo. My decision is pending as I'm learning some stuff that leads me to question it. The issue is that much (damn near 99%) of other things I've been told has proved true. I would like to emphasize that at NO time in anything public I've ever stated have I wittingly said something I knew to be false nor speculated on something insincerely. If I ever went silent for a moment in a discussion or interview it was likely because the conversation had ventured into something I could not discuss. I honestly make an effort to admit what I don't know. And I never claim to be something I was not or am not, just for the record.

Regarding my research and writing: No, I haven't written a UFO book per se, but back when I wasn't sure if I should use my own name on certain materials, I wrote an article about my father's USAF experience with the Roswell data and related things as he told it to me. That article appears in FATE Magazine's The Best of Roswell under the pseudonym "E.A.Guest" the name under which I write adventure fiction and some screenplay stories. My dad was alive when I wrote it, he died in 2008. Since then I have publicly admitted (for those who didn't know) that it is my article. Mac Tonnies and Nick Redfern have referred to it in various books. Please remember that it was what my dad told me happened and I have no way to confirm it publicly. I will tell you that using all my skills in "subject interview" techniques, my professional opinion is that what my dad told me was an absolutely real experience to him. To us? I may never know for certain. His emotional expressions during the telling of it were intense in some spots. Anyway, that's the extent of my 'UFO writing'. I haven't really found classic ET hypothesis or ET UFOs all that interesting since around 1986.

I know some people are convinced that everyone who ever worked for AFOSI is a lying disinfo agent and I can't help what those people are going to conclude. All I can say is that I was deeply interested in this stuff and other weird things many years before I ever thought I'd work for the USG. Honestly, I'm more one of you guys than you might think.

Anyway, FWIW, I hope that's useful or interesting.

edit on 26-5-2014 by WalterBosley because: Grammar changes

edit on 26-5-2014 by WalterBosley because: Grammar

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalterBosley
a reply to: vbstrvct
Anyway, FWIW, I hope that's useful or interesting.

Man, this thread sure went places.

Would it be possible for you to elaborate on your beliefs regarding the phenomena?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join