It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here's an interesting shape. Looks like a little bush of some kind. Its shadow gives you a good idea of its branches and leaves.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Blue Shift
Here's an interesting shape. Looks like a little bush of some kind. Its shadow gives you a good idea of its branches and leaves.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Oh cool! That is interesting! I'm going to save the image and look it over later. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Stupid question alert!!
I feel so dumb for asking this but can someone provide link where I can view all or the most recent mars rover pics
*runs n hides from the angry ats mob*

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Not a stupid question!
You can go to nasa.gov for any and all spacey-type pics.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AnomalysMonaLysa

Thanks I'm so sorry for the question. It's Monday morning I was awake at 4am (UK time) and I've got to work all day .. And I don't do early mornings .. Or Monday mornings. My brain isn't with it. Much appreciated and thanks for your patients lol

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I just love the guys at NASA including these cute little mars guys having lunch here in this image /end sarcasm which was cropped from the "sarcophagus" image above a few posts up.These different little guys are all over that image in every square inch practically. I added absolutely nothing to the image crop. (except the pointers and dumb text notes.)
Whoever put these art works in is a decent alien artist. They exist in most images to varying degrees of visibility. This should wake up a few slow movers..hopefully.

edit on 7-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

alienreality
I got the original image from the NASA site, not the one you posted, as that one is not the same and looks far more blury.. Sorry if that hurts your feelings

I got my image from the PDS, the NASA site where all the images are available for study, not from a "public relations" NASA site.

And no, it doesn't hurt my feelings, it only makes me think that you don't know what you're talking about or that you're interested in the truth.

My image is indeed not a very good one, but it is higher in res, and I can email it then you can open the damn thing and see what the pixel depth is compared to yours, but now I doubt you even care and are doing your usual "manhandling" of other posters.

Pixel depth is not resolution, someone with any knowledge of digital images knows that, and I didn't comment on the resolution, I only said that the image you posted is useless garbage, which it is.

Get over it and move forward and stop with the insulting responses to things.

Sorry if you felt insulted, it was not my intention, I'm only interested in the truth, that's why I try to use the best data available instead of avoiding it.

edit on 7/4/2014 by ArMaP because: added a missing "from"

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ah, are we having trouble leaving dead horses lie? Me thinks you have some issues. I am not playing your game, I have seen it a lot. So kindly stop initiating any conversations with me, it would allow people to carry on without thinking of your hostility to anyone when they don't acquiesce to your demands. The reason I am not is because of your snippy girl attitude and intent when you respond, it's less than hospitable. And your need to show a person "wrong" on every occasion possible if they use a wrong or unintended word in great haste trying to defend against your prosecuting attorney style BS over effing nothing.

First you attack me, I get peeved and quickly respond and OMG I used the wrong word now he will get me on that too! how humiliating! /end sarcasm

You would not act this way to me if you were in my presence, I can guarantee that, so don't act in a way that you would not act like in person with someone.

And I need to explain this to you? Non sequitur there Cochise.

If you need to keep on going, just pm me and give others a break? That would be best.

Thanks and have a wonderful night/morning.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Ah, Blueit ridge revisited, we keep coming back to the finest Mars has to offer. The nude woman on the bottom there, aye. Have you seen the best breasts on blueit ridge yet? funbox found them, kept them for himself for awhile, and then shared them with us. A fine example of our earthling brain seeing what we enjoy seeing, this time on the red planet. I'll go find those, for a "closer inspection" as David Letterman would say.

From funbox on January 31, a date that will live in inflammatory:

one sec
*funBox gets binoculars out*

what an amazing pair

he/it just became ...SheIT..

And this also shows how, atop the 'circle' rock on the left, what looked to be a spoke-thing fell apart into rubble upon a closer camera location and angle. If things on Mars mean anything at all, imnho we all have to scrutinize, play devil's advocate, play goddess' advocate, and test each of the main potentials we find as well as we can. As funbox says or doesn't, all we can do in the end is categorize what we think are "things" of interest, and then move on to the next thing. The Rover isn't fitted out to prove larger lifeforms lived on Mars, and maybe things such as pretty good potential fossils were things they thought people would find. The main thing it went to Mars to was find proof of water, and to test that water to see if it was capable of at one time sustaining possible life. They did that early on, so everything else is gravy. ummmmmmm, gravy.

edit on 7-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hey there, Yes I was not 1 step ahead or with the pack and quickly became 3 steps behind or I might have seen those posts on this.

You do know that some of those exact little cartoons or whatever they are, are cloned in other images as well..

I have heard some say, that to go in the rover control room requires a top security clearance, so that means there's a big reason (if that is true).
I guess I'll give myself a break and see where the road leads, since choosing any direction to go right now seems to all be dead ends

One more thing, I have been hunting that image original link but that name should help me locate it, thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Blue Shift

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The rock...Middle right.....on the original..looks like it has patterns on it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Well, if you want to go there...Here's a martian mooning in our general direction.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Hi, and I'd love to be inside the control room. Maybe they toss top secret people in there so that nobody goes all-whack and runs over and grabs the controls and runs the rover into a ditch or crashes it into (on onto) one of the larger rocks. But then again, maybe things have popped up on the screen that require the non-disclosure agreements that likely come with top-secret clearance, such as the breasts in the post above (which we on this thread are keeping top-secret to ourselves). So far no Mars anomaly whistle-blowers have come out (IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!), and it's been a long time that Rovers have been Roving. Someday it would be fun to read a book or long personal experience log of someone working on this project. It's fun playing alongside you and the others on this journey, this "catalogue of the strange and odd", the same kind of damned things that, as funbox knows well, came from the pen and inquisitive mind of one of the masters of the art.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
Stupid question alert!!
I feel so dumb for asking this but can someone provide link where I can view all or the most recent mars rover pics
*runs n hides from the angry ats mob*

Curiosity pics

Spirit pics

Opportunity pics

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

OK, I will stop talking to you or about your posts.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

lambros56
The rock...Middle right.....on the original..looks like it has patterns on it.

A lot of these flat sedimentary rocks look like they have patterns on them, and many of them do. But they're generally patterns created by the shadows of cracks and uneven wear. You'll even see some rocks with divot patterns on the top, where a little hard pebble or something gets caught in a small depression and then gets blown around for decades or centuries in the wind and it will slowly carve out a little round "bowl." So you'll see little circles.

Interesting the way the wind slowly carves away at stuff on Mars.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Blue Shift

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

To an earthlings eye it looks like a tiny ship, sailing tiny seas. I find it interesting the rock seems to be the only one of its kind in the picture, and is obviously "molded" differently than the rest. Erosion on this one has left us with a nice image. Thanks for sharing and not keeping it to yourself, where you could have put it in a bottle and set it on a desk and people would wonder "How did it get in there???"

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Aleister
I find it interesting the rock seems to be the only one of its kind in the picture, and is obviously "molded" differently than the rest. Erosion on this one has left us with a nice image.

Yes. In the middle of this field of flat sedimentary rocks, there's this one, which looks like eroded coral or something with very finely detailed and delicate protrusions. An "anomaly" to be sure.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

tantem out to blueit piracy , very 15th century

funBox
edit on 7-4-2014 by funbox because: mushroom shaped wolves

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Permission to come aboard Captain.

A coral looking piece, there must be a geologist somewhere who has nightmares of Martian rocks being juggled in front of him by some oral-test committee asking him to define them in ten seconds per rock. The coral ship is one that I'd keep and hang my hats on.

new topics

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join