It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnomalysMonaLysa

Could you link your source picture when you post them, I hate going off to dig for it so i can better see what you are showing?
Thanks ;-)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Here's an interesting shape. Looks like a little bush of some kind. Its shadow gives you a good idea of its branches and leaves.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

What a lovely formation, very coral like. This area seems to be the shiny rainbow rocks when they are broken.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
Stupid question alert!!
I feel so dumb for asking this but can someone provide link where I can view all or the most recent mars rover pics
*runs n hides from the angry ats mob*

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

raw images...what I have been looking when I get time :-(

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

thanks. Lots of the pics seem fuzzy.

And here's a new chem camera picture, wonder what they're looking at?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 7-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

The reason I am not is because of your snippy girl attitude and intent when you respond, it's less than hospitable.

I think you are miss interpreting as I once occasionally did until staying in this thread for months,.

The object is to get to the truth and the best explanations, the person you are refering too English is not their first language and often the way it is delivered may be misinterpreted. Being abrupt sounding also is a teaching mechanism and I have become grateful for the counter information as it grounds the subject for me, I am constantly tending to be highly imaginative in many instances. I want truth not just my visions.

Everyone contributions add something if we can all tolerate each others ways and means we get more not less over all.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Aleister

thanks. Lots of the pics seem fuzzy.

And here's a new chem camera picture, wonder what they're looking at?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Thanks, it looks like a live virus ;-) Interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes, certainly looks like something virusey, but that's from an earth perspective. Could be an interesting topic to pursue, and kind of shows that NASA probably isn't holding back any pictures, as this one can be interpreted (or misinterpreted) as biological.

On your post above, I had to look up alienreality's post as it seemed like it was a comment towards you. Good answer by the way. We should all be civil to everyone on the thread, except for funbox, who needs to be banned for sailing without a license.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Aleister
To an earthlings eye it looks like a tiny ship, sailing tiny seas. I find it interesting the rock seems to be the only one of its kind in the picture, and is obviously "molded" differently than the rest.

What about the rock next to the bottom edge of the image?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

ArMaP
What about the rock next to the bottom edge of the image?

That one appears to be much more typical of a sedimentary layer that has been eroded. There are plenty of those around and they tend to be decayed looking but much flatter. The coral-looking shape has some breadth to it, and the flatter rock doesn't have nearly the same height of the delicate "spires" of the other formation, as indicated by the adjacent shadow. The lower rock definitely shows that there has been some erosion in the area, but it's significantly different than the "coral" formation.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

It looks like the same type of erosion to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

ArMaP

I think it's the same kind of erosion, absolutely. Many years of being blasted by tiny bits of rock and dust in that thin, nasty atmosphere. But the material that has been eroded seems different. It has reacted and decayed differently.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

ArMaP
reply to post by Blue Shift

I was thinking, it seems that much of what I have been seeing on Mars looks very like Pillow lava which also has a habit of creating these circles, of several types. It also makes patterns that look very like writing and art sometimes.

Pillow Lava search

And Hyaloclastite material which also can produce balls and such. Which also produces many interesting circular designs that can look very shell like.

bedded hyaloclastite

Balls formed of ashHyaloclastite

Lava seems clear

My point I guess is that very little is being accomplished by looking at rock formations by amateurs on blurred photos sadly.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

which is a good point , how are the pro's supposed to make any decent observations when the picturesare 70% compressed? wouldn't this make life as frustrating as it is for us ?..

you sound like you need a rock hunting holiday Char-Lee
look how much fun she's having ..

funBox

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Blue Shift

ArMaP

I think it's the same kind of erosion, absolutely. Many years of being blasted by tiny bits of rock and dust in that thin, nasty atmosphere. But the material that has been eroded seems different. It has reacted and decayed differently.

Stone lace perhaps?
www.geopoem.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

you sound like you need a rock hunting holiday Char-Lee

yeah that might do it...I am down in the quarry pits of doom atm. Seeing things on the rocky side.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Here's an interesting shape. Looks like a little bush of some kind. Its shadow gives you a good idea of its branches and leaves.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
is the zizzaging on the gravyboat rock at 7 oclockish a jpeg artifact?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Stone lace perhaps?

Something like that. Something to suggest that the material is more dense along a central spine. Like if something like this coral eroded away. It even has a base.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ok people, this is strange, zoom into to 7 oclockish and you will find a glass like transparent tube. mars.jpl.nasa.gov... what kind of erosion caused that?

edit on 7-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)
more 8ish
edit on 7-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Char-Lee
Stone lace perhaps?

Something like that. Something to suggest that the material is more dense along a central spine. Like if something like this coral eroded away. It even has a base.

I wish i could see it better but the area seems to have more of similar stuff. Look up tafoni and tell me what you think.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Hey that post I made was not to you at all, it was me and someone else, my memory fades as to who it was, but I know that was a direct reply to another person, not to Char..

That is an anomaly in the posting chain..

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join