It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I reckon you guys and gals should take this over to the Enjoy - you're Banned thread. a great way to relieve the pressure of rock hunting ... but be very wary

* a small , yet rapidly fluxing ripple appears in the page , it shimmers expectantly, impish laughter can be heard faintly , a rapid snipping can be heard and the smell of rotten pears hangs in the air*

funBox

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I thought chica just meant girl, or gal.. If not, my mistake

Also, people keep pointing at me and I did not start or provoke first or second or third, I only responded to his condescending demands and insults which he kept repeating in every freaking post afterwards that my image (which was very close to his but only had light added) was useless garbage. So what if it was? his was from the exact same file with very little difference. and other people posted the same image earlier except in greyscale, and he didn't tell them it was useless garbage.

I didn't initiate any of this..And if this is how people get treated by a so called mod, plus a poster has to go through a gauntlet of abuse, is that good?

I alerted about his negative attitude long ago, and yet HE starts it back today! after plenty of time to "move on and go forward"
which I suggested right after he first started in with personal attacks.. He can't he wont.. I cant do anything about that/.
edit on 7-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Blue Shift
Here's an interesting shape. Looks like a little bush of some kind. Its shadow gives you a good idea of its branches and leaves.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
is the zizzaging on the gravyboat rock at 7 oclockish a jpeg artifact?

This is the same image that has the rock sculpture anomaly. I guess they should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AnomalysMonaLysa

That's pretty funny. National Lampoon's Mars Vacation.

For geology fans. From your picture, and what an alien world that looks like, over on the right near the edge is a bit of orange in the shadow (so in sunlight it'd be much more visible as orange):

Judging from this landscape I hope the Rover roves on smoother ground, because if it's caught in this stuff it'll be a bumpy road towards the Buttes.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Just want to thank you also for all I have learned from you on this thread. I used to sell my photos before internet days, but I had no knowledge at all other than the art side, it was totally intuitive how I set my camera.

You have been a great teacher and I am going to use what I learned when I get a chance.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
'A look back at the sand dune that Curiosity crossed on February 9, sol 538, with its Mastcam'

zoomed in

Rubbish on Mars?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a tad clearer image.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Good image. The two rocks nearest the camera, on the left, are separate rocks for sure, so the "tail" portion of the image is explainable. I'm still trying to see if there is one rock or two on top, but can't quite make out the separation of the "fold" to 100 percent confirm it's not something folding in over the top of the slab. Nice catch. That particular photo keeps on giving, and it's one I loved to see when it first came out to show that the rover can go across at least some sandy areas safely and without too much sinkage.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

Finally a piece of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Not funny.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

ArMaP

Blue Shift

Not funny.

Humor is very subjective. It does look like a piece of debris, and the notion that a piece of the lost aircraft would finally be found on Mars (and back in time) is a reasonable comic juxtaposition. I share a darker and more absurd sense of humor with perhaps a minority of people, but humor isn't voted on to determine its validity. We don't depend on a majority or preponderance of people to validate it. *shrug*

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Posted this on Arken's thread on this object, and I thought I'd bring it here too, where BlueShift first presented it to ATS and funbox made the fine image posted below. Thoughts and analysis please (and thank you). To quote myself, as I often do:

Something I just noticed looking at funbox's blow-up of the object: the part that seems incomplete, on the left side above the middle, that could easily have been something that broke off or chipped off sometime in the erosion process. If it was already a weak section, and fell off, if we envision it back up there then the piece continues along the curve in a logical and orderly fashion.

Not only that but, if the missing section was complete, the segments seem to continue within it and grow in size as they swing around from the objects "center" all the way to the "end", just as many earth marine-biological forms do.

It certainly seems like a clean-break, and the piece of tiny upraised rock which now can be seen where a missing piece may have been in a perfect spot to have weakened the fossil/rock enough so that it could have pried loose from the rest of the object at some point during its fossilization. (I'm not saying it's a fossil, although it seems to be playing one on TV)

For a piece to be chipped off, there first had to be an object for it to be chipped off from. This gives another indication that this may be an object in its own right, and not just a part of the original rock which happens to look to the human brain like a marine-biological fossil. And granted, if the chip is surmised as a possibility, the piece which has fallen away may or may not have continued the downward sweep of the "top" of the object.

edit on 9-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just posted this on the lights thread mars.jpl.nasa.gov... swarm of insects on the horizon , navcam b again.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Why does the right cam have all the fun?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 4/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Just posted this on the lights thread mars.jpl.nasa.gov... swarm of insects on the horizon , navcam b again.

your swarm, sir

(and as Phage points out, this is only on one camera, the same one which has caused the media to finally do a Curiosity Mars Rover story after letting it roam in major-media silence for awhile)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Humor is very subjective.

It is, and I'm a fan of dark and absurd humour, I just think that we should at least try to avoid using other people's tragedies as a source of humour.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

are you trying to point out the fabled marsupial* ? i see something around 8 o clock , something bearish looking ...

but im figuring that your pointing out an absence of buzzy type things

funBox

*one tear of gif juice left

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

lol lol the bear is perfect, another fine addition to our martian zoological collection (and zoological park)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

ArMaP
It is, and I'm a fan of dark and absurd humour, I just think that we should at least try to avoid using other people's tragedies as a source of humour.

My number one source for humorous material is my own tragedies.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Lady_Tuatha

I, myself, thought this was hilarious. I'm sure it was meant only as a jibe at the seemingly clueless authorities who had so many conflicting views on where to search, and all of them coming up with zilch, nada, nothing.

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join