It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitution 'exemption' zone spans 100 miles inland of US border– judge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Constitution 'exemption' zone spans 100 miles inland of US border– judge
Here we go again! The march against the Constitution continues, along with the elimination of the notion of privacy. Time after time, federal judges have upheld administration policies that violate our rights as outlined in the Constitution. They're trying to make the Constitution irrelevant.

A US federal judge has reaffirmed an Obama administration policy granting officials the authority to search Americans' laptops, citing a controversial premise that makes citizens within 100 miles of the border eligible for a police check.

District Judge Edward Korman made his ruling in New York on Tuesday, more than three years after the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) filed suit. The ACLU claimed that - since Americans put so much of their lives on their computers, cell phones, and other devices – border officials should have reasonable suspicion before sifting through someone's personal files.

Attorneys argued that searches conducted without reasonable suspicion are a violation of the Fourth Amendment, which protects against unreasonable search and seizure. Not so, according to Judge Korman. In his decision Tuesday he argued that the area 100 miles inland falls under a “border exemption.”

I live right about 100 miles inland, nowhere near any border, yet my 4th amendment rights against unlawful search & seizure of my computer are no longer valid? This stuff makes me sick to my stomach. I hope in the '14 elections we can vote out a lot of these political incumbents, and maybe someday we can have federal judges appointed who actually respect the principles of our founding fathers. Corrupt judges are a huge part of the problem. What do you think?

edit on 1/1/2014 by TwoTonTommy because: punct

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This traitor, and everyone else like him, needs to be run out of office, town, state, and country. I just hope that one day he runs afoul of a border guard that doesn't particularly care if this guy is a judge or not. Maybe then he'll realize just how evasive this law is.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Not sure if people realize how big of a chunk of the country that includes. This is just insane. Count me in as I am less than 100 miles from the border. And as usual a New York judge. Thumbs down......

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

January...100 miles

February...2oo miles

March...300 miles

Then 400, 500, 600

Baby Steps.

Next Year...Say hello to Canada.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There is a map somewhere that shows the future of the USA and it's borders.
Wait....I found it.

The caption says that 2 out of 3 Americans live within that area. What is equally impressive is how anyone can allow a judge to rule any "zone" within the USA..."constitution free". The reason I say impressive, is simply because that person is a traitor to the nation and Constitution itself. There are no "Constitution Free" zones. We are all under the rule of law within the boundaries of our nation. Period. If anyone wants to fight the issue, then the matter will be settled by violence.

I do not understand where these people get off saying such nonsense.
If this doesn't prove that there is an underlying agenda for this country...then I don't know what does. Everytime I hear or read about these types of rulings, I feel our forefathers cringe and scr3am the battle cries that once liberated them from a tyrannic rule once before.

Where art thou, o brothers of arms?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Since it's the Constitution that grants judges the authority to make rulings, I guess any ruling made by a judge in these areas is not valid.

Since the Constitution grants Congress the authority to pass laws, any law passed in Washington, DC is invalid. Same goes for Presidential authority.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join