It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Releases Phased Enforcement Schedule for REAL ID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
MODS, I did several different searches and found nothing on this latest info
Please remove if duplicate ....I don't seem to have good luck with searches if they aren't worded just right.
My apologies

This has been a topic in the past, but this is new details just released over the holidays
Funny how they do this kind of stuff when we are preoccupied with Christmas

Dec. 20th is when the DHS released this:

*UPDATE*

The Federal Government will begin phasing in enforcement of the REAL ID Act as required by law, in a measured, fair, responsible, and achievable way.
The first phase will begin on January 20, 2014 and is limited to DHS headquarters in Washington before expanding to other Federal facilities later this year.
The fourth phase covers acceptable IDs that can be used for boarding a federally regulated commercial aircraft. Before a date for Phase 4 is set, DHS will conduct an evaluation to inform a fair and achievable timeline.
The date for implementing Phase 4 will be set after the evaluation has been complete; this phase will occur no sooner than 2016.

“States have made considerable progress in meeting the need identified by the 9/11 Commission to make driver’s licenses and other identification more secure,” says David Heyman, Assistant Secretary for Policy. “DHS will continue to support their efforts to enhance the security in an achievable way that will make all of our communities safer.”

The REAL ID Act, passed by Congress in 2005, enacts one of the key recommendations of the 9/11 Commission, and requires that the Federal Government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The Act establishes minimum security standards for state issued driver licenses and identification cards and prohibits Federal agencies from accepting for official purposes those documents unless DHS determines that the state meets the minimum standards.

www.dhs.gov...

With this announcement, DHS is putting state governments on notice that by May 2017, states not complying with REAL ID requirements will find that their state-issued driver’s licenses and ID cards will not be considered valid by the federal government, such that individuals with non-compliant identification may be prohibited from passing through Transportation Security Administration security to travel on airlines on trains within the United States or internationally.

DHS said TSA will continue to accept driver’s licenses and state-issued identification cards from all jurisdictions until at least 2016, meaning that enforcement for boarding aircraft will not begin until then.

I remember reading a thread posted earlier this year where an ATS member had a hell of a time renewing their DL due to the new changes, even tho she was 60 and had lived there her whole life....the state of Georgia if I'm correct
Found the thread by Des
6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

If any one else has had any problems renewing DL due to the new regulations, please let us know.

Pretty soon, we will have to show our National ID's to travel from state to state via cars

edit on 30-12-2013 by snarky412 because: add Des link

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

america land of the free unless you have invalid id

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is what Des had to go through...

I had to bring in my ORIGINAL, NOT A COPY, Birth Certificate. I'm 62 years old, and it took some time to find that document. I also had to, because my last name, through marriage, is not the same as on my BC, had to provide every single document of marriage, divorce, and any name changes. With original documents.not copies.

Also had to provide a bank statement with proof of address. Also had to give a certified copy of the title to my home, had to go to the court house and get a certified copy of my latest property tax bill.. Also had to provide SS card, and at least one utility bill sent to me at my home address.

One other Woman back for her 4th time, was having to provide a copy of her signed lease and apartment manager contact number...why in Gods name they needed that, I don't know.

For me, it took 3 trips to the DMV, having documents not accepted because they said the Federal Law required *certified* copies of all documents.

They then scanned every single document in and sent them to a central Federal Government Computer, bank, to do a Federal ID check on me, looking for any reason I should not get my drivers license renewed. That took 15 mins for the return approval from the Federal Computer Bank, to get my License. Then I was charged an extra $20.00 over and beyond the regular fee, for the Government to do an ID check on me...that I had to pay separately from the my State fee.

Sounds like fun.....

Thanks 9/11 for taking our freedom away

Passing of:
-NDAA
-Patriot Act which Obama renewed and gave even more power
-DHS
-Illegal wire taps
-illegal gathering of data via internet/cell phones

And now the Real ID Act

Lovely [/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Renewed my DL a few months back. Here in WA we still have the option of a regular or "enhanced" ID. Of course chose the standard version and I've no intention of choosing a DL that can be linked into the centralized DHS / Stasi federal database.

Since it expires in 2017 I guess that will be it unless they still offer standard ID. Gave up on flying over a decade ago so no loss there.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Seems to me the only crime is being a legal american person who still has a job and pays taxes....

If you're an illegal, IRS scamming, welfare scamming, identity thief, credit card hacker - then that's ok.

We can't catch every person at the DHS.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I see the Federal ID program to be little more than registration and validation of my right to exist. The Feds want to remove all power from the States and most rights from most individuals.

While it all seems like a giant conspiracy it is most likely just another way to justify a bloated Federal Government. When you get hired to protect people like say DHS does you need to continuously identify threats, find solutions and plan for the the worst. There is no money to be made and no jobs provided if people are not constantly working to make things more secure for us poor unable to think for ourselves simple folk.

Politicians constantly propose new laws because that is what they think they are supposed to do. Oh and because someone is getting paid. It is spinning hole of doom for those of us not in the Homeland Security business.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
So I must get a tan, learn spanish, and cross the border...this will give me a free pass on everything. Holy crap, screw the real amerikkans, let the illegals roam freely...we could use some real leadership for the upcoming revolt to our wanna-be future prison guards...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Happy1

Seems to me the only crime is being a legal american person who still has a job and pays taxes....

If you're an illegal, IRS scamming, welfare scamming, identity thief, credit card hacker - then that's ok.

We can't catch every person at the DHS.

Oh man, aren't you 100% correct

All this in the name of 'security'....yeah right
Who's gonna protect us from TPTB and their boney fingers?

As Benjamin Franklin once said:
"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"

We, as a country, are losing both
TPTB are destroying us from within

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Sorry but that would not work for you. Aside of Americans not being well liked these days you would run into a serious problem trying to get any work or opening a business. Most countries do not allow foreigners to take any jobs from a local.

Last year I was in Costa Rica looking into opening a business. I found out some interesting things. Like I can open a business but I can't work in it in ANY capacity besides hands off direction of local employees. You can only do any work in (or on) your own gig if they can't provide anyone with an adequate skill set until you establish residency. They will toss you out of the country if caught do otherwise.

I have researched opening my own business in several countries as I would love to exit the USA. However my particular genre is commercial aviation and that is not easily done in other Countries.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
"Papers Please!"

I remember when the iconic representation of an evil, dictatorship regime was one where you had to have your papers in order to travel anywhere within the country.

edit on 30-12-2013 by dainoyfb because: I added second line.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

dainoyfb

"Papers Please!"

I remember when the iconic representation of an evil, dictatorship regime was one where you had to have your papers in order to travel anywhere within the country.

edit on 30-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Ha, exactly. The movie scenes that I remember were all the WW2 check stops that people escaping the Nazis had to get past.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So, I assume the enhanced ID will be needed in order to vote.
How is that going to work, when the illegal vote is so important to certain political parties?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

They began implementing this several years back when they introduced the TWIC cards that you must have to work in any port, refinery or military base, etc. They contain an RFID chip and you have to jump through hoops and pay through the nose to get one- but they are good for 5 years. When they first started with them we had to cut through a lot of red tape to get an actual certified copy of hubs birth certificate from another state in order for him to get a TWIC card. Once you have it it's no big deal to renew but it IS expensive!

Just to note that they do complete background checks on those too! Get ready folks cuz Big Brother is coming to a DMV near you very, very soon!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

littled16

" ................ Get ready folks cuz Big Brother is coming to a DMV near you very, very soon! "

Curious, what do you mean when you say " Get ready folks " Do we smile and say thanks for keeping us safe.
Refuse to comply and accept the consequences of our actions. Pressure local Gov to refuse participation.
Any attempt to influence our alleged representatives in Congress will be ignored. Or do we suck it up and
go along to get along. My personal favorite, go to DC and toss everyone of them off the roof. My second option,
get the bloody card, disable the Bio marker [ not sure how I would do that ] and let the Gov goons figure it out.
Any Ideas on your course of action ? None of the above should be construed as confrontational or demeaning.
Thanks

edit on 30-12-2013 by dazbog because: corrected quote

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

I say get ready because they have already made it impossible to work in many places without this pre-cursor to RealID and once RealID is implemented you won't be able to get a job without one! This is how they will make people accept it- no ID, no paycheck. People have to feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads and will have no choice but to comply. It's sneaky!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
So I must get a tan, learn spanish, and cross the border...this will give me a free pass on everything. Holy crap, screw the real amerikkans, let the illegals roam freely...we could use some real leadership for the upcoming revolt to our wanna-be future prison guards...

Well really the big part of this is because of people like you and others who think it is to easy for illegals to get ID and demanded the Gov do something. So you only have yourself to thank for this. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Real ID huh?
We don't need any of that stuff.
DHS spells d-o-m-e-s-t-I-c e-n-e-m-y and that's all any of us need to know.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And once again, one man, consistently has stood up against tyranny and an ever increasing police state in an effort to keep government in check as intended by those who founded this nation:

For those who didnt support Ron Paul for President, I really take issue with you people. You failed this nation, you failed your fellow citizens and failed yourselves, your families and your loved ones.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For those who didn't support Ron Paul for President, I really take issue with you people. You failed this nation, you failed your fellow citizens and failed yourselves, your families and your loved ones.

Took the words out of my mouth. Old news however Americans had a real chance [ if the voting process is legit which is doubtful ] they blew it ! Unfortunately we must live with the consequences of their ignorance.
What do we do now ? Nobody seems to have a clue.I strongly suspect it is GAME OVER. The bad guys won !
I'm so angry I will engage in the ultimate act of defiance. I will put my life and fortune on the line with the application of A BUMPER STICKER.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join