It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Releases Phased Enforcement Schedule for REAL ID

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by snarky412

Renewed my DL a few months back. Here in WA we still have the option of a regular or "enhanced" ID. Of course chose the standard version and I've no intention of choosing a DL that can be linked into the centralized DHS / Stasi federal database.

Since it expires in 2017 I guess that will be it unless they still offer standard ID. Gave up on flying over a decade ago so no loss there.

I just renewed mine here in California thru the mail. I didn't have a choice, i got the fancy schmancy new one.

It's full of all sorts of holograms, my DOB is on it four times, three of them are raised, as is my signature. My pic is on it twice, one is an embedded hologram it looks like. And of course the nice looking bar code thingy on the back.

As far as databases go, being retired military, having an active security clearance and a frequent flyer to the Middle East no less, i figure i'm already in every database that has been created in the last couple decades.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Here is something ironically amusing. The same guberment people who are requiring us to get a RealID so we can travel are also the same gooberheads that are always fighting the "Must show your ID to vote" laws that some States are passing.

And yet in a couple of weeks we won't hear another peep about it. It'll just be accepted by the majority of the idiots in this country.
edit on 30-12-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Good maybe the illegals will go away and never come to this country, knowing they won't be able to obtain licenses (oh wait they just drive without them anyway) Never mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

nugget1
So, I assume the enhanced ID will be needed in order to vote.
How is that going to work, when the illegal vote is so important to certain political parties?

not likely since Obama and his entire pol party depends on Illegals and dead people to vote for them.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Now, now, that's what amnesty is for.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

littled16

They began implementing this several years back when they introduced the TWIC cards that you must have to work in any port, refinery or military base, etc. They contain an RFID chip and you have to jump through hoops and pay through the nose to get one- but they are good for 5 years. When they first started with them we had to cut through a lot of red tape to get an actual certified copy of hubs birth certificate from another state in order for him to get a TWIC card. Once you have it it's no big deal to renew but it IS expensive!

Just to note that they do complete background checks on those too! Get ready folks cuz Big Brother is coming to a DMV near you very, very soon!

Oh yes, my brother has one
He has to have one due to his work and he says the worst alphabet agency to deal with is the DHS

I'm gonna have to see if I can find my BC or order one, looks like I'll be needing it for future needs

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
How would they disable the RFID in the REAL ID card?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for them to decide that after this is implemented nationwide that they're going to do away with physical currency and link all financial transactions to your real ID card. Because after all, it's to protect us from people stealing our credit cards and perpetrating identity theft or some such BS. though it may in the end be counterproductive for the CIA's drug importation business if you remove the ability to make se repetitious transactions without cash I think this is the eventual endgame.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

peter vlar
I'm just waiting for them to decide that after this is implemented nationwide that they're going to do away with physical currency and link all financial transactions to your real ID card. Because after all, it's to protect us from people stealing our credit cards and perpetrating identity theft or some such BS. though it may in the end be counterproductive for the CIA's drug importation business if you remove the ability to make se repetitious transactions without cash I think this is the eventual endgame.

Well, they have already made paying with cash a thing of suspicious nature, mainly large amounts that is.
Part of that 'See Something, Say Something' crap, courteous of DHS

Last year, some of our friends went on a last minute trip and paid cash for their airline tickets.
Well, for 4 people, the cash paid out evidently was enough to raise alarms, literally
They were pulled off to the side and questioned for a while until they were cleared.

Yep, one day cash sales will be a thing of the past

One card for all purposes......'Multi-Pass' card ---

ID and pay card all in one
Don't leave home without it

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Sorry but that would not work for you. Aside of Americans not being well liked these days you would run into a serious problem trying to get any work or opening a business. Most countries do not allow foreigners to take any jobs from a local.

Last year I was in Costa Rica looking into opening a business. I found out some interesting things. Like I can open a business but I can't work in it in ANY capacity besides hands off direction of local employees. You can only do any work in (or on) your own gig if they can't provide anyone with an adequate skill set until you establish residency. They will toss you out of the country if caught do otherwise.

I have researched opening my own business in several countries as I would love to exit the USA. However my particular genre is commercial aviation and that is not easily done in other Countries.

Hahahaha, you are discovering what I have been telling all the folks here bashing their own country, America. The grass really is not greener. Many have been to Mexico or Bahamas etc etc etc but few have gone to other places and spent long periods of time. This means they don't ever really get to experience the reality of other nations laws and freedoms or lack there of.

You say you want to leave but in exploring this you are beginning to see what I have been telling people. There is no other place on earth like the united states. Not UK, Europe, anywhere do you have the freedom and constitutional rights you have in America.

You have found just the tip of the iceberg. Just talking the way we do here will get you arrested in many nations around the world if not worse. Yes, since 9/11 we have had some parts of our freedom and liberty adjusted for security reasons. I did not like them when Bush did it, I still don't like it now. Patriot Act should go away, it has led to out of control NSA and govt. But, even with this I still understand i live in the best country in the world and would not, could not, have the same life in any other country. Why, because none provide the extensive freedom, liberty, and constitutional rights i have here.

Just remember once you leave there is no coming back.

Who was it, Dorothy, that said, there is no place like home...... Na that was me...... There is no place like America....... Lol

The Bot

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

I renewed mine here in Taxifornia a year ago and got the first gen of the generation you're talking about. I have examined it EXTENSIVELY. It is by far the most impressive ID card I have ever seen. Along with the security features you've mentioned, there are many more. Here are my other observations:

- Hold it up to a light to reveal a California bear micro-punched above one of your raised birth dates.
- State Seal hologram.
- Raised signature
- 2 Bar codes
- 1 Magnetic strip

Not only all of that, but every line that appears to be drawings in the background of various designs and imagery - when you look at the lines under a microscope, EVERY ONE OF THEM are linear mosaics of words like California over and over and over again.

Anyway, I grew up in Taxachuessetts. When I visited recently, I was ID'd for buying a Bic lighter. I am almost 30, but whatever, I have had to run. I handed him this insanely developed CA ID that no one could fake. He scanned it through a machine a couple times. Comes back and tells me it's a fake and asked for my passport or other ID. I said no, so he threatened to call the cops and keep my ID. I almost fall on the floor laughing. I tell him to give me my ID back so I could never do business there again. He ended up bending it and not calling the cops, because I demanded he paid for my new Inspector Gadget level ID that I just got!

Don't know what that was all about, but the experience was quite bizarre. I mean... a lighter?? Really!?

Monty Python level stuff. You can't make that stuff up.

I can't see how DHS could enforce regulations like that. Forcing a national ID onto anyone who wants to use mass transit?
"No sir, that state ID is invalid. Prepare for a retina scan and blood test."

Get real... No way. Not here. Not NEVER. I won't stand for it.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by peacenotgreed

Anyway, I grew up in Taxachuessetts. When I visited recently, I was ID'd for buying a Bic lighter. I am almost 30, but whatever, I have had to run. I handed him this insanely developed CA ID that no one could fake. He scanned it through a machine a couple times. Comes back and tells me it's a fake and asked for my passport or other ID. I said no, so he threatened to call the cops and keep my ID. I almost fall on the floor laughing. I tell him to give me my ID back so I could never do business there again. He ended up bending it and not calling the cops, because I demanded he paid for my new Inspector Gadget level ID that I just got!

Don't know what that was all about, but the experience was quite bizarre. I mean... a lighter?? Really!?

Monty Python level stuff. You can't make that stuff up.

Wow!!! Seriously????
He would have pissed me off bending it....you should have told him it was DHS property that he was tampering with

That must be one of the states that hasn't complied with the regulations yet ....
The clerk probably doesn't even know about the RealID

So, did you have to supply your birth certificate and proof of living address?
Des sounded like she had a hard time in Georgia getting her documents in order

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply post by peacenotgreed

i wonder how obama is going to get on with this id i wold love to be behind him in the que when they ask him to produce his documents for this

nazi germany mk2 black is the new brown

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It did make me angry. I wouldn't give him anything after that accusation. I was just so blown away in the moment of what was happening that I had to leave. In hindsight I wish I spent the time to make him call the cops so I could waste as much of his time as possible, but I didn't. Next time I guess

Anyway, it's not much different in the Golden State. Here I get ID'd when I buy 6" long Q-Tips for cleaning electronics! Like I said. You can't make this stuff up. It's so abhorrent that it's hilarious. The good old Totalitarian Tip-Toe.

reply to post by 999zxcv

Criminals don't get in trouble when they run the police.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Addendum:

I found the recent legislation in MA that was put into place 2012:

MASSACHUSETTS IDENTIFICATION CARD AS ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF AGE FOR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PURCHASE

... beginning October 29, 2012, alcoholic beverages licensees may reasonably rely on the following forms of identification for proof of age:

1. A Massachusetts Driver’s License;
2. A Massachusetts Liquor Identification Card;
3. A Massachusetts Identification Card;
4. A Passport Issued by the United States or a govern ment that is officially recognized by the United States;
5. A Passport Card for a Passport issued by the United States; and 6. A Military Identification Card.

Note: I was at a gas station that did not sell any liquor. The list does not include "Out of State IDs". Apparently it extends to anything that you can ID for. Jerks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join