It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT Breaking Bombshell: Benghazi Attack About Video; No al-Qaida

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Is this knee jerk reaction to this article wise?

Maybe at least one should read it and judge its truth first

I don’t like Hillary at all but that doesn’t mean this article is automatically all false

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

My guess is tptb put that stupid video out ahead of time for cover so they could get their weapons over to the Syrians without question. The guy who made the video probably works for them and could have went to a luxury hotel suite instead of jail as far as we know. Any one ever seen the guys face? Like one comment said already, that video maybe had a whopping 100 views to cause such chaos. More govt BS!

This is really getting old, we have to start using their own play book against them. Like Sol Alinsky says, organize the organized and use their own rules against them.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Nothing terrifies me more than the heinous beast known to the world as hilldog becoming the next "leader" of our counrty. What I do hope to see is that somehow, someway over the next couple years, her dirty laundry is aired out for all to see. She will end up being forced out of the public light and back to the pit from which she came.

Then the best possible scenario would be that, the failures of both parties the demonazi's/republifascists will be glaringly obvious and it will result in the third parties of this country getting the spot light they deserve and we can begin discussing how to fix the corruption that has been allowed to take hold in all the various forms we are currently experiencing.
edit on 28-12-2013 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
New York Times? Need I say more.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Some early damage control by NYT for Hillary just in time for the build up for 2016.Not that it matters to me she has just as much baggage as Palin.Either way I'm sure TPTB will select her for the Democratic Presidential Nomination.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by IAMTAT

IMO...THIS is just NYT-B.S....probably concocted to give some political cover for it's beloved Hillary Clinton's run for Prez. They are desperate!

Absolutely is an effort to start people thinking "positive" about Hillary.

The *Real* Hillary is right here to see.....

"SHOCK! Hillary Clinton argues - What difference, at this point, does it make about how it happened?"

Absolutely the NYT trying to save Hillary. This b should be put out on the street to beg for food. What difference does it make? Americans died because of you and for your savior Obama who didn't want to admit his foreign policy sucks and the terrorists aren't anywhere near "on the run". Americans died for Obama's election. Thats right...Americans can die for Obama to simply ease an election win. I wonder how many American deaths would be acceptable for something like Obamacare or maybe Hillary's election?

Face it! We are NOTHING to our leaders. I wouldn't treat a dog the way Obama and his kind treat the people, the military and those who have different beliefs.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Rezlooper
New York Times? Need I say more.

You know the New York Times motto dont you? All the news that suits our views!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And now we have the ever-impartial, TIME magazine chiming-in to support The New York Times article:

5 Takeaways From The New York Times Benghazi Investigation
Al Qaeda was not involved; "Innocence of Muslims" video motivated the initial assault

An in-depth New York Times investigation published Saturday sheds new light on questions surrounding the September 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead, including U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens. Questions surrounding the attack have become a major political flashpoint in Washington, but the report reveals a truth much murkier than either the Obama administration or its critics in the GOP-led Congress has grasped upon.

Here are five major revelations from the report:

Al Qaeda was not involved in the assault. It has become an article of faith for some in the GOP that the Benghazi attack was a highly orchestrated terrorist attack led by the same group that carried out the 9/11 attacks in the U.S. “It was very clear to the individuals on the ground that this was an Al Qaeda-led event,” said Michigan Republican Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, in an interview on Fox News in November. But according to the Times report, there is no evidence to support this assertion.

Anger at the “Innocence of Muslims” video motivated the initial assault and fueled the anger that powered the attack. After the film appeared online dubbed into Arabic in September 2012, media in Cairo played a major role in stoking the rage that led to an assault on the American embassy in Benghazi. Witnesses on the ground at the attack recount numerous ways in which leaders of the assault used the video to stoke the rage of militiamen.

The spontaneous response to the video stoked another attack that was already in the works, planned by smaller militia not affiliated with Al Qaeda. Evidence suggests that hardline elements within the complex web of Islamist militias operating in Benghazi, including an uneducated loner and contrarian named Ahmed Abu Khattala, had been planning an attack, though it’s unclear when they had intended to strike. The U.S. government has sought to have Khattala apprehended in order to press charges, but authorities and powerful Islamist elements in Libya have closed ranks around the hardliner.

American officials were overly reliant on moderate Islamist elements for protection. As the assault turned full fledged, officials called on the leaders of militias that had been publicly friendly to the U.S. to come to their aid. But when the time came, almost none turned up to rescue Americans trapped inside the compound. “Whatever happened, they were other Libyans,” said one Islamist leader who eventually did enter the compound after resisting at first.

Inside the compound, attackers looted and plundered wildly. Witnesses describe men taking out suits on hangers, televisions and found food. One man reportedly poured what appeared to be Hershey’s chocolate syrup into his mouth.

Read more: Benghazi: Al Qaeda Played No Role in the Attack, New York Times Report Says | TIME.com world.time.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't know why people would be major shocked if other radical muslims did this.Even the so called moderate muslim governments never get along and try to help Israel.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

One attack, one location, 1.5 million Muslim's in the world and it was about a movie ?

Look what happen when the Quran's were mistakenly burnt in Afghanistan, Muslims all over the world wanted to kill people.

If this is the best these lackies can do for Hillary then she is done, why would anyone want another Marxist liberal for POTUS after 8 years of Obama anyway. Has America lost all ability to think and reason ??

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Does anyone really know what that attack was about? If not then this explanation could be as valid as any. And why does everyone hate Hillary so much? Cause she's a ballsy women? And why is it, that if it does not conform to what we want to believe it's a deliberate lie or misinformation? It seems there are people who are so sure of their own correctness they allow no space for any alternative position.

The hardest asses in congress had their turn on this and no one ever concluded what happened. And yet you get some one with very little information absolutely certain on this matter. All I can say is that you have one squeaky clean brain. It's been washed up thoroughly.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And don't forget about that "sealed indictment" a few months ago....

President Barack Obama said at a White House press conference on Friday afternoon that the administration has a “sealed indictment” of unnamed and unnumbered terrorists involved in the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Amb. Chris Stevens, State Department Information Management Officer Sean Smith, and CIA security personnel Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

CNN had reported on Tuesday that the administration had charged “several suspects” in the Benghazi attack and that one of them was Ahmed Abu Khattala, reportedly a leader of the Ansar al Sharia militia.

Obama: We Have ‘Sealed Indictment’ of Benghazi Terrorists (August 9, 2013)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

I agree to a certain point.

I does take a high amount of intestinal fortitude to get in front of an oversight committee to discuss murdered Americans (including a diplomat) and say "what difference does it make?". Yea, that's ballsy for sure.

Do you not think it diminishes her accomplishments if you jump straight to the helpless damsel routine though?

Also, how many times can a person develop health issues and then recover and then develop health issues then recover (all of which coincide with court/congressional appearances) and not have their honesty called into question. Republicans I know is zero chance at the first attempt, what it the number for democrats?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Maybe Hillary should worry about this video........

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by okyouwin

Do you not think it diminishes her accomplishments if you jump straight to the helpless damsel routine though?

What accomplishments?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Regardless of what you or I may think or her as a person or as a professional, she does have a resume.

She has an education from a top school and has attained (through any means necessary) several positions of high office.

Love her or hate her she has all the right in the world to be proud of herself for accomplishing what she has in the cut-throat world of politics.

Unless you were a Secretary of State too? or a Senator? or a lawyer? or graduated from Yale law? Yea, me neither (but I still hate her with a passion LoL)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

She was married to a President, who cheated on her...
...and it was the best thing that ever happened to her career.

Her law firm in Arkansas (Rose) was embroiled in scandal, her record as Senator was lackluster and her time as SOS was dismal and riddled with scandal and incompetence.

edit on 29-12-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Willtell
Is this knee jerk reaction to this article wise?

Maybe at least one should read it and judge its truth first

I don’t like Hillary at all but that doesn’t mean this article is automatically all false

This swarm mentality that's on full display here is why traffic has begun to lighten on this site in recent months. It just gets tiresome to read what you can read on any Yahoo news comment thread. Just bland rightwing crap from your average idiot guys and not an original insight to be seen in these political forums in thread after thread. What's the point anymore. It's like when every party your pals throw ends up being a sausage fest. What a waste.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Aw...Cheer up. You and your ilk still have MSNBC

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

IAMTAT
reply to post by NorEaster

Aw...Cheer up. You and your ilk still have MSNBC

eh....go bore someone else. You're sadly predictable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join