It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a believer, now skeptic. Believers are wrong.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Keylogger

I'm not a believer nor a skeptic. I'm a I-don't-care-for-your-vid kind of person.
So call me a Dumbass or Ignorant, I let you free in that.

But what is striking in your post is that you call every like an ignorant person....
Well do you honestly believe that every like is someone who believes the vid? That is a plain example of ignorance. Some people like because of entertainment. Some people just like to share, some people like to provoke and on and on and on.

So I starred your post... Not because I agree nor because I disagree. Just because it is nice to read a post of someone searching for their truth and this is a little update of their journey.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I was once a UFO skeptic. Then one evening a strange vessel, lit up like a pagan-inspired Christ-mass tree, silently flew over my head at an altitude of a few hundred feet.

If you once believed, and now you don't, then they've gotten too you. YOU HAVE GOT TO WAKE UP!
edit on 28-12-2013 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2013 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Good, eloquent post...however, you've missed the crucial point;

A single truth among rivers, lakes, seas and oceans of lies will be swamped and sink beneath the surface.

The growing trend of CGI fakes and hoax reports are not accidental, or simply idiots keeping pace with better technologies to score brownie points for fooling the gullible.

It is a deliberate creation of the seas and oceans...however, that singular truth, floundering in the oceans of lies is still there...expertly obscured and camouflaged yes, but there nonetheless.

My opinion?

You Sir are a victim of the success of this determined and relentless campaign of concealment. You fell for it.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Weird...I just realized that SATAN is and anagram of SANTA...............that explains it.

UFOs, Satan, Santa, cream whip......all demons!!

Now I can sleep at night.....if only my bed would stop shaking....oh well.....

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Natas and cream whip.. I remember her

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

ccross
I can't believe how many people are so convinced that aliens exist. I will not go so far as to say they don't exist, but everything I have seen can be easily explained away.

I get sooooo tired of people who think it can all be "explained away"!!

Please explain this:

Keeping in mind that the original data purportedly came from ET. . . Explain this!

Was it pure "chance"? or perhaps ET does truly exist and IS visiting.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You're correct that alleged UFOs and video cannot be relied upon for evidence. The true believers are detrimental to the UFO field. However, evidence (for physical craft, at least) can be found in other directions. Paul Hill, Jacques Vallee, Peter Sturrock, James McDonald, J. Allen Hynek and others trained in science are what set the field straight: careful study of cases and objective judging of unusual phenomena.

edit on 28-12-2013 by RUInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the replays,

I will add more information when i'm home, and replay to some believers who are wrong again.

edit on 28-12-2013 by Keylogger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

tanka418

Was it pure "chance"? or perhaps ET does truly exist and IS visiting.

pure chance or inevitable that you draw random dots that match somewhat but not really to the billions of stars we can see? And there is the fact that Marjorie Fish said she was wrong:

www.legacy.com...

As one of her hobbies, Marjorie made an investigation into the Betty Hill map by constructing a 3-D star map in the late 1960's using several databases. She found a pattern that matched Mrs. Hill's drawing well, which generated international interest. Later, after newer data was compiled, she determined that the binary stars within the pattern were too close together to support life; so as a true skeptic, she issued a statement that she now felt that the correlation was unlikely.

...and the guy speaking in that video doesn't seem to be mentally healthy. There is somewhat of a flat affect in the tone of his voice which is a tell. Just say'n.

Are you Sirius, where did you get that video?

edit on 28-12-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've never believed, but I've pursued. I consider myself a lifetime skeptic. What do I think? I think people have seen something, but I'm not sure what it's. There're too many sightings for me to discard the possibility a few of them might be alien. However, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The possibility of alien UFOs exists, but it's not something I can believe. All I can do at this time is to sit back and not come to a conclusion. I just look, beyond the sea, somewhere, the answer is waiting for me. Or maybe not. You know many people have lived their entire lives with unanswered questions. Many people died in our history without ever seeing a picture of the surface of Mars, you know? And yet in 2015 we'll get closeups of Ceres. How many in our history saw a cell as seen through a microscope? They could only speculate about what the stars were. And whatever about God or the fullness of reality? There's so much we as individuals do not and can never know.

I do want to believe one day we'll find life elsewhere. I'm unsure if it'll be anything like we imagine, but some of us will be more right than others. I can't say how long it'll be. I want to say in the next hundreds of years, but I'm just stabbing in the dark. Like my forebears, I contend with uncertain forces and my vulnerable state. Mayhap we will not find life in our solar system and have to search other stars.

And ya'know, maybe there's no life elsewhere and/or maybe it's all a stage.
edit on 28-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You know what, MR 'ANOTHER KNOW-IT-ALL'

Let me tell you this: In various forums on the internet threads created for 'I am back to the forum' 'I am leaving' are frowned upon because they are like attention begging and the OPs often times are attention whores.

In such a forum, threads created just to say 'I quit, I can't take it, I am now a skeptic, aliens do not exist *TEARS TEARS TEARS* is the same attention whoring and should freaking STOP.

What are you, some kid who was told that Santa is not real? Too bad if you are an adult. You are simply seeking attention and have the impudence to state as if what you didn't find out to be wrong (cause you heard some cases explained with helicopters and you personally didn't find it lawl) and then say what something is on behalf of people who have had real cases of something unusual.

Few days ago I went into a church - probably the only ones around that has some 'aircraft' themes on the drawings (drawings from 18th century). The person who spoke about them mentioned Erik von Daniken and how these looked like capsule or rocket propulsion in these religious drawings., No, it is not a known church you have heard about on Ancient Aliens.

I was about to mention the inaccuracies in von Daniken but as someone being neither a believer, nor a skeptic, I was about to say - the whole idea HAS a going on. I do not give a crap that I have never seen a UFO, been able to identify everything. I do not care if all turns out wrong but there is plenty of reason to think we may not be the only race around that has 'retouched' the Earth. Only time will tell, I get tired of these forums but I do not go QQ how I was a believer now I don't believe (and I never believed, I just do not exclude possibilities)

So to all of you: STOP making threads how you quit, no one cares who you are or that you fell into disbelief.

too sharp language? NOt sharp enough, with a staff that doesn't even bother to reply to me to a request I sent via email, I feel I need to be sharper especially to such nonsense threads! Furthermore, I don't care if I will use this forum in the future or not.

edit on 28-12-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Yeah, right, what ever...do you ever actually "LOOK" at the evidence? Or do you just jerk your knee.

Care to have a "Go" at the probability of that map being "pure chance"? I think you will find that it is astronomically more probable that the map, and "story" are just what they purport to be: extraterrestrial contact, and real evidence.

In spite of what Ms. Fish said. the original map contains a 7.1% error. Perhaps 14.2% [I]if[/I] we were to consider that she was wrong about Sol as well. An error of a single star is quite remarkable.

Further there are ample (known) habitable planets within the map.

The psychology of the speaker is irrelevant; only the scientific data need be considered.

edit on 28-12-2013 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's just as bad to be a skeptic as a believer. You can be skeptical but to label your self a skeptic shows that you "believe" or "deny" before even looking at the evidence. Believers believer before looking at the evidence. Someone who is open minded and skeptical looks at the evidence first and then makes the decision. If you label yourself a skeptic you already put your mind in that zone that says... I won't believe it no matter what I see. That's the problem in a nutshell right there.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Why were you a believer to begin with? Had you ever seen one or had any other kind of et experience?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

The definition of a skeptic is someone who critically evaluates a claim.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

people act as though one video is going to make or break the entire subject. the fact remains they are here and have been for a long time. people can't hide behind the "we're all alone in this tiny corner of the galaxy" argument any longer not with all the habitable planets out there. Some people have built careers on the bet that what we're told is the truth so I wouldn't count on them dropping those silly ways anytime soon even when it is staring them right in the face.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

"we're all alone in this tiny corner of the galaxy" argument any longer not with all the habitable planets out there.
Define "tiny".

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

RUInsane
reply to post by amazing

The definition of a skeptic is someone who critically evaluates a claim.

there are also honest skeptics and dis-honest skeptics. someone can be really smart and use all their intellectual powers and tricks up their sleeves to twist even the tiniest issues around to make it look as though their way is right.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

tanka418

Yeah, right, what ever...do you ever actually "LOOK" at the evidence? Or do you just jerk your knee.

Care to have a "Go" at the probability of that map being "pure chance"? I think you will find that it is

Care to have a go at a game of poker to test your knowledge of probability?

Who said anything about psychology? the guy in the video is most likely retarded.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You need to spend less time reading, watching videos and theorizing and spend more time outside looking up.

BTW: You thread automatically makes me a total hoax and a few million others total liars. According to your determinations, I couldn't have had an abduction experience because UFOs don't exist. Your conclusion would also have to include super-duper, secret US triangles we've been witnessed for over the last couple of decades because they must be included in the category as a UFO.)

So my question to you is: "So, what are these things that have been seen, photographed, radar-detected, left impressions in the ground, doved into the sea and emerged, chased by fighter pilots, witnessed by airline pilots, imaged maneuvering near the Moons surface, etc.?

I get it that you are frustrated in your lack of coming up with a legitimate answer--that is not a new mental phenomena to those of us with a strong interest in the topic--but to think that you are justified in denying the whole lot is outrageously incredible. In effect, you are denying your own ignorance and finding a self-satisfying explanation for the whole matter. Clever.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join