It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a believer, now skeptic. Believers are wrong.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

how do you test the untestable? how do you detect things there are no detectors for? you will stay behind the curve as long as you support the "I won't believe it until I can kick it" mindset.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

If he shut his eyes in front of compelling evidence, then yes, that would be a problem. But the burden of proof is on the claimant. If you can't support your unusual claim, or advance a testable hypothesis--that's a different issue. The UFO hypothesis is not untestable, if we're restricting ourselves to the physical craft.

edit on 28-12-2013 by RUInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

how do you test the untestable?
You can't. That's the point. That sort of hypothesis remains just that, speculation.

how do you detect things there are no detectors for?
You mean like evidence? I guess you can't.

you will stay behind the curve as long as you support the "I won't believe it until I can kick it" mindset.
What curve is that? What curve do you get ahead of by connecting dots in random order?

edit on 12/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Keylogger

I have researched this topic for years myself and my theoretical conclusions are mind boggingly flabbergasting,i cannot get my head around them at times.

I have had personal sightings in broad daylight.And what's more they were basically stage managed.

There is no tangible evidence because those that control the secrecy are the secrecy.

I for one have never shouted "Aliens",i saw physical craft that instantly disappeared and in another episode which without going into to too much detail must have accessed my thoughts to do what it did.

You have not exactly weaved together a great tapestry of well thought out evidential skepticism that would even alter my perspective 1 degree.

Some videos are obviously fake and many dim witted so called researchers are so far off the mark that they cannot grasp the absolute complexity of what is really really going on but hey that's my opinion and we all have one,right or wrong.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

No one is ever going to convince me that what I saw up close and personal was NOT a real UFO. The people around me turning into statues until it left. Nope! Nope! Nope!

I saw what I saw, and there is no earthly explanation for it!

Can't say the same for videos. I see a lot of fakes that people think are real too. It's all the hoaxes out there that hurt the credibility of the real ones.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There is a lot of mind control involved,my friend was on a busy high street with her 3 kids in the daytime and saw a metallic ball like structure hovering above a shop,the people around her started to panic when she pointed it out. The people scurried off staring at the floor and covering their faces from it shouting "don't look at it!"like they were in some fear induced trance.
The whole thing is so complex,no video can ever do it justice.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

RUInsane
"your unusual claim"

black holes were once considered an "unusual claim"

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Right, but it's falsifiable. Strong physical and mathematical evidence was also produced.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Personally, I feel the matter of belief is directly proportional to a person's level of aptitude and discernment for things they hear, and see, and experience.
Thus, someone who is a die hard skeptic or even debunker, and assuming they are not counter Intel, might not have a very high aptitude to understand things of this nature, and I have witnessed this pattern playing out for many years, decades even.

Someone who does have a high aptitude to understand and a high margin to correctly interpret evidence they see will usually believe that these things are real (not the obvious hoaxes of course), and actually those people will not just believe, but rather they know for a fact that there are things coming here that are not from this planet.

There are so many different types of people, belief systems they have, and other quirks, that there isn't any real definable standards with the subject of believing or not.. There are just too many different views that it makes the subject flawed on so many levels.

I went to a UFO documentary with the whole family in 1968 at the age of 6, (at the theater no less), and I remember vividly that I already had a knack for understanding these types of things after seeing this film
so I never had a problem believing whether or not they were real, I already knew what they were.

And time has bore out that I was never in error in my belief because of the insane level of evidence I have seen.
I have seen classified documents on military bases, been given verbal accounts of UFO data from Air Force and Navy personnel, seen one real UFO at Kirtland AFB that was unlike any terrestrial aircraft, and which personnel on that base said was extra-terrestrial. (if it looks like an orange it probably is). and yes of course it is very subjective, but then, this is where aptitude plays a part in truth. People with little aptitude aren't going to understand anything very well, especially with matters about UFO's ( this does not mean I think all these things are aliens.)

I also grew up with a friend in the family that was a chief air traffic controller for major international airports who divulged information to me about the FAA and how they really think and operate in matters of UFO's, and he also told me in minute detail about a flying disk craft that landed on a airport runway and sat there for 20 whole minutes before flying away. FAA procedure was to divert traffic and to totally ignore the UFO and wait for it to leave.

There is tons more I have seen and heard, enough for me to understand that these things are sometimes not from this world, and I know it for a FACT, without any doubt whatsoever.

Other people with the same or better levels of aptitude to understand these things will read this and know instantly more about what I have said and in between the lines, than those who have a low aptitude. Yes, this does tend to piss-off those that don't appreciate there being people that are pretty much, a lot smarter than they are, and they will argue against every single thing I have said until they are red faced and spitting, much to the rest of our amusement.

All this being said, there are of course a lot of very well made hoaxes and some of the BEST hoaxes are done by governments in many cases, usually the USA, and they are exceedingly successful and good at counter intelligence and disinformation. The smartest people in the world can be fooled by those people, because they are also some of the smartest people in the world and are even better at deception..

I'll give it a rest for now

Cheers to all and happy new year.

edit on 28-12-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

RUInsane

Strong physical and mathematical evidence was also produced.

point is there is always a preliminary period of denial which is what we are in at this point with this issue

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Phage

you will stay behind the curve as long as you support the "I won't believe it until I can kick it" mindset.
What curve is that? What curve do you get ahead of by connecting dots in random order?

instead of a curve look at it more like condensing clusters of data from different topics of large samplings of evidence that run the gamut of modus operandi. when broken down to a probability of true or untrue the simplest, most rational, comprehensive conclusion is that it is true. you are lagging behind that "curve" and I hope I'm there when you finally get to kick it on the other side.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Phage

"we're all alone in this tiny corner of the galaxy" argument any longer not with all the habitable planets out there.
Define "tiny".

tiny=isolated

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replays everyone,

i couldn't read them all since i don't have much time. But i will definitely try to get some free time tomorrow and replay to some of you and add my own information about the alien/ufo subject.

Also i want to say that i have been a member of different alien-ufos forum and what i have seen learned about these believers is that they're not 100% alright.
It took me years of progress in the forum to notice the small things while i was progressing i could see how most of these believers were not alright in their head without them knowing it.

I have even received a personal private message from a famous believer member with a lot of posts. I can't remember precisely what she said so i can miss many important details. It looked like this:

Hi Keylogger,

I have been thinking about you for a long time, your name is what keeps me thinking. Something inside me tells me that we were supposed to meet. I have been thinking a lot about you and i feel that you're supposed to tell me something. I have told this to another member.
Please if you know something tell me. And also please keep this between us, its very important

I can't remember precisely what she said but it looked something like this, it was way longer.
I've told her that there was nothing special, and wanted to say that she is crazy but i didn't.
Since then i have never seen her online.

I have seen many old believers members that were basically like her, you couldn't see it straight away . But it takes years/months to notice small details.

edit on 28-12-2013 by Keylogger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Ok.
Since the nearest remotely habitable exoplanet yet found is about 12 light years away. I would concur with your definition. Pretty well isolated.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Phage

Ok.
Since the nearest remotely habitable exoplanet yet found is about 12 light years away. I would concur with your definition.

that's how the "I won't believe it until I can kick it" gang think. you know the ones behind the curve? they believe we are isolated because they don't know how to jump across the galaxy, probably in some cases, instantaneously. We're curious and pioneering so why couldn't there be others with that characteristic? the only difference between us and them is that they can really do something about their wanderlust. Could be related to non-locality in some methods of travel. Why not?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Here,mate forget all those people being not right in their heads after years of careful studying,tell us the people on here that have seen with our own eyes what we believe to be real how we are wrong in our assumptions.
We did not get our evidence from a youtube video.

There are so called believer experts whose beliefs are so juvenile on the subject that i smack my head in disbelief.
I also believe you don't have much to say yourself on the matter either.
More an information gatherer methinks.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

the only difference between us and them is that they can really do something about their wanderlust.

They can? How do you know that? Because of all those dots you've connected?
They can because they did and that proves they could?
Isn't that a bit circular?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

it's a thought experiment gotta problem with that? why can't you go there?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

No problem with thought experiments. Not at all.
My problem is with circular logic. And "connecting dots".
Also, with filling in blanks.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Believers are wrong?

Not all of them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join