It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Benefits Set To Expire For 1.3 Million Americans Saturday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Oddzon

Why would I want to goad you? I don't agree with you and I have not given up, just old tired.

You sound like you have a close knit family like me. You cannot give up for them.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

jimmyx
now watch...when the economy starts to flatten out or even get worse, the republicans will be blaming Obama for
1)...increase in homeless
2)...increase in crime
3)...more people applying for welfare
4)...Obama not personally increasing the number of jobs
and since 2014 is an election year, these will be the republican talking points, hoping enough of the American public will be fooled and vote in a majority of tea-baggers
edit on 29-12-2013 by jimmyx because: addition

Obama inherited an ALREADY BANKRUPT country. (presidents do nothing except follow orders/advice.. but to play the game I refer in this manner)

once broke, one can't do much to get out of the hole. The blame should be on those that Bankrupted the economy, not the ones who can't fix it after it was broke.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It'll never be Obama's fault.

Not Fast & Furious, not Solyndra, not lying about Obamacare, not Libya, not the drone strikes, not the economy, not foreign policy, not food stamps, not the homeless, not unemployment. . . . .

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Oddzon

Why would I want to goad you? I don't agree with you and I have not given up, just old tired.

You sound like you have a close knit family like me. You cannot give up for them.

I don't know why you are saying I am giving up. However, I do believe that this country needs to wake up to what's happening for any REAL change to occur. And I have serious doubts that will ever happen.

I have not uncovered any deep dark secret. The powers to be, good and bad, know what's happening. They are the ones that we affect change. How that manifests will be the big question.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now that guy is funny just switch Brittany with O' Bummer and I would have tears rolling.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

HanzHenry

jimmyx
now watch...when the economy starts to flatten out or even get worse, the republicans will be blaming Obama for
1)...increase in homeless
2)...increase in crime
3)...more people applying for welfare
4)...Obama not personally increasing the number of jobs
and since 2014 is an election year, these will be the republican talking points, hoping enough of the American public will be fooled and vote in a majority of tea-baggers
edit on 29-12-2013 by jimmyx because: addition

Obama inherited an ALREADY BANKRUPT country. (presidents do nothing except follow orders/advice.. but to play the game I refer in this manner)

once broke, one can't do much to get out of the hole. The blame should be on those that Bankrupted the economy, not the ones who can't fix it after it was broke.

If what you say is true, then why did he even run for office? Twice?

You say every President follows orders.....well who is telling Obama what to do? He ran on the idea that he can change the country for the better (WE ARE CHANGE), if Obama inherited a bankrupt country, then he has no clue what he's doing or he is just a liar and has another agenda.

I agree we should blame those who bankrupted the country....and Obama is on the top of the list. He has put this country in more debt than any other President. And there is the huge debt coming with Obamacare, if we are bankrupt is this a smart move?

This thread is about additional unemployment compensation, so why did Obama agree to leave it out of the recently agreed budget?

You are a classic example of someone that does not look at the facts, but just takes a side and wants to win.

WAKE UP...we are all losing and your leader is one of the guys taking us down!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by Fylgje

Do you agree that you have put more then 6 months of 300 a week, assuming you get the max, per week? So thats your money right? Why not be allowed to use it, that was the point of them taking it out of your check for you. Now that really only applies to people under the current 2 year period. But to say nothing over 6 months to me says you are ok with them taking money form you
edit on 30-12-2013 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

When I said 6 months I was being generous. 3 months tops. If someone cannot find a job by then, then they aren't looking hard enough. This has turned into a hand-out, nothing more. I don't mind helping people when they TRULY NEED IT. Should the person be allowed to collect the whole 3 months at one time? Why should they? I can't go to my boss and say "give me this years pay!!". If the person has no job at the end of 3 months, then welfare it is. You gotta go where the work is. It isn't gonna come to you. They need to put down their Xbox 360 controller and earn a living.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I would rather feed a few Americans than buy one more missile system, jet, ship or ridiculous "scientific" study. Our military is larger than the next 26 countries behind us. 25 of which are allies. Imagine who you could feed with some of that cash?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I find it more than sad that people are bitching and moaning about extending unemployment benefits rather than trying to find the real solutions........CREATE MORE JOBS, NOW!!!!!!!!!

We would rather keep doling out benefits to keep people unemployed and poor rather than making it rewarding for businesses to try and create more jobs.

I pay the maximum in unemployment insurance percent in Michigan, and I can tell you firsthand, it's an anchor digging into the ground, slowing my businesses growth.

People think it's FREE Government money...... It's NOT. It comes out of the pocket of every business.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Ok so you are ok with putting money into a system, money that you worked for, it was your time. That you shouldn't be allowed to that money? Now if you are against the idea of taking the money out of your check in the first place then we have a different conversation. Im just saying, i see those deductions from my pay checks, so if your are taking MY money, I want MY money that you have until this point just held on to for me

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by openminded2011

We are headed, I am sorry to say, to a new DARK AGE
Unless something happens

I have to say, I get the distinct impression, that your scenario is exactly what they want us to think is happening. I'm not so sure. They want us to think the world is horrible, and out to hurt us. I think the power of the 'powers-that-be' is fading, and they are trying desperately to maintain control. So they throw everything they have at us, without throwing a single punch. I think they feel like something that is dying, and they are trying to get out those last few breaths before the end. The end of what? To where? I don't know. But I hope.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

I’m only looking at it objectively; my point basically is that we are going backwards.

I recall Working in the Auto industry a while back we were going forward:
Good benefits, contemplating 25 year retirement, 35 hour work week, a lot of stuff that Europe initiated recently for their people.

But after this last phony depression and even before that things were spiraling backwards.

Lower wages, less good jobs, more unemployment, union busting etc.

It doesn’t look good because people don’t have a clue about solutions

The very thing that got us here GOP philosophy of cater to the rich, and bad trade and tax policies are not being dealt with because we are electing the same idiots who have the same philosophy that put us in this situation.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah Bush had us really going in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Yeah Bush had us really going in the right direction.

Well it does seem to look like "Bush" and maybe even the "Republicans" did something right for the employment situation

Note that Republicans had partial control of Congress in 2001/2002, and had full control of Congress 2003 to 2007 before Democrats took control

Interesting correlation, I can't explain it.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

xuenchen
Interesting correlation, I can't explain it.

Democrats can. Bush did it.

The biggest problem was Obama was all over the place and flip flopping and businesses had no idea which way the wind was blowing. This resulted in them no longer creating jobs, no longer spending money, instead they were saving it to prevent catastrophe's caused by Obama and the House/Senate.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Then what happened? The Republican policies of low taxes and unfunded social programs requires jobs. If that was the "right" direction then why did it fail?

Sure. It was just a coincidence that Bush got the call of the financial crisis just as he was on his way out. Just a coincidence that the wars were going to wind down and we did not get the Iraq oil to pay for the wars and the Bush tax cuts were set to expire.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join