It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Benefits Set To Expire For 1.3 Million Americans Saturday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by Willtell

The silent Eugenics is too cut off peoples source of income. how long can average person live on streets?

I don't know... I saw quite a few happy looking homeless people when I was in Maui recently. They have a lot of charities that hand out food, and you can pretty much sleep outside at night. We agreed that if we had to be homeless, Hawaii wouldn't be half bad. You can always find free fruit on trees, and there's a lot of fishing you can do from shore.

I think I'd build a huge tree house like Robinson Crusoe, and live in the jungle. Yeah, I think I could do that.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This won't be good for the coming year. This will turn even more people against Congress and the government. Why? Those in power know this can lead to riots and crime. Is that what they want.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

WeRpeons
I have an idea, why don't we make all our representatives be unemployed following the next election. Just vote independent and all incumbents out of office.

Seriously? I'll do it.

(post by ACTlOREACTIO removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

But it not your tax money. Most taxes go to the Fed, which the government allowed to come into existence despite a constitutional law preventing it. And guess what, despite what you are lead to think, a good majority of those people paid a good chunk into those benefits when they didn't need them to help support the ones that do. Don't see that involved in you rant

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Can you post the link

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

S&F for you sir because this is no less than the 3rd attempt to bring this to ATS in the last month or so.

Thank you for bringing up an important issue, but I digress.....it seems the hillbillly reality TV show seems to be more important to alot of ATSers than whats happening that will have a DIRECT impact on our lives.
This isn't the only issue brought up that will have an impact and nor is that TV show the only distraction we have had in recent months that has kept us away from the real issues and true 'enemies'

Didn't read the posts past yours and don't care to because what your one comment said spoke the truth as I see it.

No less than at least 6 threads about....a TV show..[outside the US....who gives a flip]

Less than 1 page about US diplomats being detained in another country,......
U.S. planes getting shot at in Sudan and yes, it was mentioned in the news that we would be sending military aid in. Doubt many seen THAT anouncement because they were too flipping 'upset' about some damn TV show!!

Sorry, I guess I am ranting in general but it really gets to me that something gets announced here and ignored until.....

Anyways.... thanks for bringing this up Will.[thumbs up sign]

ETA..... I don't have a link to the story itself, but I do remember seeing it ALL OVER the news a few days before Christmas.
Yahoo, HP, Brietbart WSJ, Wahington Post/Times, Drudge Infowars WND....take your pick. It wasn't top story but was reported in all the major media a good week before Christmas.

edit on 28-12-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
OK people. Time to file our 1040s is rapidly approaching. Look at the lines on the form (gross income, taxes, adjustments, etc.). What the average person pays in taxes (federal -- income, FICA, etc) more than pays for the support of a person or two. NOW GET MAD. Stop the unemployment and other excess give aways. THINK OF WHAT YOU COULD DO IF YOU COULD KEEP YOUR OWN MONEY.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

They know many will be pissed off, yet they have chosen to let it ride as they always do.

That's exactly what they want, a pissed off rebellion, an uprising, a civil war, because that's what they're prepared to put down. They aren't prepared to deal with 300 + million people just walking away from them and their insane restrictions and regulations.
edit on 28-12-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

beezzer

Obama could have vetoed the bill. But he didn't.

He could have demanded that unemployment benefits be included at the cost of something else.

But he didn't.

So go ahead, be outraged. It is this current administration that has created this economic malaise. We have high unemployment, more on food stamps than ever before.

Yet, according to this administration we are in a "recovery".

Stop.
Relying.
On.
Government.

They will only lie to you.

sorry there, buddy....the republicans are clearly the ones to blame for this. they wouldn't pass a budget if this wasn't included. and with this, the economy will further erode because these approx. 1 million people will still not find jobs, because there is no reason for the republicans to work with Obama to create any. the republicans are making sure that the economy fails under Obamas presidency....they have been sabotaging it for 5 years now...it is a war against the poor, and every government indicator points to it.
edit on 28-12-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

searching411
OK people. Time to file our 1040s is rapidly approaching. Look at the lines on the form (gross income, taxes, adjustments, etc.). What the average person pays in taxes (federal -- income, FICA, etc) more than pays for the support of a person or two. NOW GET MAD. Stop the unemployment and other excess give aways. THINK OF WHAT YOU COULD DO IF YOU COULD KEEP YOUR OWN MONEY.

if that happened America would descend into a third world status...you wouldn't be able to live like anything close to how you are living now. you are fully dependent on a functioning government...geez...don't you people think these things through?....can you possibly do a little research on the function of broad based taxation? the low level of intelligent thought on this website is stunning.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Homeless and hunger do not always go together. These people are not homeless now, but their real enemy will be hunger, fighting for food with no cash or food assistance.

Now the democrats are the cutters, especially Patty Murray? So maybe conservatives should stick to their principles and vote democrats. Sarcasm intended.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

"but from the bankrupt federal treasury that doesn't have the money to give"

But yet we can upgrade Israel missile defense budget? Or spend trillions on our own? The money is there they just don't want to give it to us. And if you are so tired of people sitting around doing nothing collecting your money, stop looking at the guys on unemployment and look at the congress man or woman that was voted in. They get paid FAR more to do FAR FAR FAR FAR less even more damaging to our country for not doing anything while getting a raise every year. And guess who pays them, YOU

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Why do you keep tying the two together??

If there is a way for us to get them to listen and act I am sure many of us would do it in a heartbeat.
edit on 12/27/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

as long as the treasonous traitors in out govt sleep well at night we are ALL SCREWED..

Look at the thousands of "brave" spec ops soldiers, many retired now and facing a pension cut..

"brave".. note the " ".

They are only brave against a weaker lesser armed foreign primitive people..

Why are they not BRAVE ENOUGH TO GO AFTER REAL enemies? the DOMESTIC ONES?

I mean, if thousands of former spec ops troops are "brave" enough to risk their lives for America against one MINOR enemy,,
Then where is that same level of DEVOTION TO DUTY against the MAJOR enemy in our midst.

I will no longer call them brave.. for they are NOT!

3 or 4 congressmen (insert wish list) were woken up in the middle of the night while in bed, by a squad of angry vets with NVG's on.. I will GUARANTEE the nation will be on the right track.. within 24 hours.

all those COWARDS IN CONGRESS..?..

would be forced to listen to the people and NOT the ELites..

and, on that thought.. why haven't squads of Spec Ops soldiers already taken out the people like Soros?

I mean.. they are "brave" and they are "protecting our free dumbs"

edit on 28-12-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

edit on 28-12-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

S&F for you sir because this is no less than the 3rd attempt to bring this to ATS in the last month or so.

Thank you for bringing up an important issue, but I digress.....it seems the hillbillly reality TV show seems to be more important to alot of ATSers than whats happening that will have a DIRECT impact on our lives.
This isn't the only issue brought up that will have an impact and nor is that TV show the only distraction we have had in recent months that has kept us away from the real issues and true 'enemies'

Didn't read the posts past yours and don't care to because what your one comment said spoke the truth as I see it.

No less than at least 6 threads about....a TV show..[outside the US....who gives a flip]

Less than 1 page about US diplomats being detained in another country,......
U.S. planes getting shot at in Sudan and yes, it was mentioned in the news that we would be sending military aid in. Doubt many seen THAT anouncement because they were too flipping 'upset' about some damn TV show!!

Sorry, I guess I am ranting in general but it really gets to me that something gets announced here and ignored until.....

Anyways.... thanks for bringing this up Will.[thumbs up sign]

ETA..... I don't have a link to the story itself, but I do remember seeing it ALL OVER the news a few days before Christmas.
Yahoo, HP, Brietbart WSJ, Wahington Post/Times, Drudge Infowars WND....take your pick. It wasn't top story but was reported in all the major media a good week before Christmas.

edit on 28-12-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

You deserve 2 thumbs up for this post that is awesome. You said exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

jimmyx

beezzer

Obama could have vetoed the bill. But he didn't.

He could have demanded that unemployment benefits be included at the cost of something else.

But he didn't.

So go ahead, be outraged. It is this current administration that has created this economic malaise. We have high unemployment, more on food stamps than ever before.

Yet, according to this administration we are in a "recovery".

Stop.
Relying.
On.
Government.

They will only lie to you.

sorry there, buddy....the republicans are clearly the ones to blame for this. they wouldn't pass a budget if this wasn't included. and with this, the economy will further erode because these approx. 1 million people will still not find jobs, because there is no reason for the republicans to work with Obama to create any. the republicans are making sure that the economy fails under Obamas presidency....they have been sabotaging it for 5 years now...it is a war against the poor, and every government indicator points to it.
edit on 28-12-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

OMG, how can you be so misinformed!?!?!?!? I really don't know where to start. Do you have any idea what is going on? Do you realize that we have been spending 0ne trillion more than we take in? Do you know Obamacare is going to make it worse? Do you realize the only reason we still have our current living standard is by selling our debt....which no country wants anymore!!!!!! Do you understand that the MUST keep the interest rates at almost zero because we can afford anything higher? This isn't just the Republicans or the Democrats, its people like you that doesn't have a clue what is going on.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This thread I made actually hurts me badly. I will worry and pray for those people, maybe God will for once answer my prayers.

I wish I had the strength to do more on social issues like this because I firmly believe that a country that is always bragging about how great it is shouldn’t be letting children go hungry or afraid of going hungry…or adults

I just can’t get this through peoples thick skulls, this is about life and death.

I wonder how many people who don’t give a dam about their American brothers and sisters destitute now have ever gone hungry or seen a hungry child

Imagine how good those millionaire politicians are living.

They have their big Turkeys in the oven and their wine and cheese and fire places going. Imagine Obama in Hawaii living like a king while some guys kids are worried in Ohio or New Jersey or some poor woman can’t get work and now she has nothing.

This makes me sad

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Oddzon

The consequences of our actions. When does the "human cost" matter? The latest figures I can find for paid benefits for service connected disabled veterans is 3.4 million. With wars continuing. Veterans rely on food assistance and other social programs. Who is going to pay for it? We have paid for wars in the past by raising taxes but you all have been brainwashed that the wealthy just can't take anymore. They might take their ball and leave til we all conform like good little children.
edit on 29-12-2013 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It still is regulated to only people who are laid off. If you quit or get fired you can't collect. There is an interview with the employer the exemployee and the unemployment admin. That determines who collects and who doesn't. It's not a free handout for anyone out of a job and it never was. If your ex-boss says you sucked at your job they don't pay.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Oddzon

The consequences of our actions. When does the "human cost" matter? The latest figures I can find for paid benefits for service connected disabled veterans is 3.4 million. With wars continuing. Veterans rely on food assistance and other social programs. Who is going to pay for it? We have paid for wars in the past by raising taxes but you all have been brainwashed that the wealthy just can't take anymore. They might take their ball and leave til we all conform like good little children.
edit on 29-12-2013 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

You talk about being brainwashed, maybe you should look at what your saying. You talk about paying for war, but assume that war is a given. What war has been necessary? Did Iraq attack us? If you believe the media, 9/11 happened with mostly Saudis, so we attack Afghanistan and Iraq. Did Libya attack us......so why did we have to attack them? How about Syria? About 1/3 of our national budget is the military, isn't that enough money to take care of our veterans? You talk about the human cost, how about the innocent lives we destroyed by our military actions?

We give billions of dollars to other countries, but you want to raise taxes on the American people?

Lady you're the one that needs a reality check.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join