It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS Snowden for real? Hmmmmm...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

If you agree it is nothing new then why claim in contradiction that it is a secret? Your post makes no sense

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I should have worded it differently. I don't agree that it's nothing new.

Proof of a massive surveillance state that treats every individual as a potential terrorist, violating all forms of privacy, and archives all phone, text, email, voice and video communications,with rubber-stamped approval, forcing companies to silently comply..... That's news. It's horrifying. A potentially irreversible descent into the Orwellian society we have been warned about for decades. And we've only gotten 1% so far of the whole picture. Everything we know as of right now is like the teaser for something much much worse.

But I can see the way to deal with a huge leak of truth is to attack the messenger, muddy the conversations, question who he is, why did he do this... As if conscience alone isn't enough. Which would be fine if we didn't have all this hard-proof evidence of a massive surveillance state that acts above the law and treats everyone as a potential terrorist.

Regarding the OPs question, is he for real... I would say all signs point to yes, because what government would want to create an inspiring character of such moral fortitude, that he sacrifices his own safety and security, to listen to his conscience and release highly sensitive info just because he believes that "We the People" have a right to know we're being spied on.

edit on 10-2-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

That is well said and I feel it communicates better to my ears your point and position.

I guess it comes down to the public at large being unfamiliar with law. If they were they'd understand that everything snowden spotlighted is completely legal. It's understandable while it's not favored and seen as invasive, but legal none the less. I'll look at preparing a thread to explain. The kicker will be learning that this has been true since Carter in the late 70's. (Say it ain't so!). Yeah, it's so.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i saw this, and thought i would place it here, don't know if anyone has seen it, i don't know much about this Snowden thing, but some might find it interesting?

'what you're not being told about Snowden'
edit on 40Thursday52ppAmerica/Chicago135240 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join