It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS Snowden for real? Hmmmmm...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
IS Snowden a legitimate whistle blower?

Let's look at one simple fact and one simple question:

1. FACT: Snowden has been photographed on a site-seeing boat through Moscow, which is being called his secret location. (can't upload pics with this browser, but google "snowden on boat").

2. QUESTION: If you were Snowden, and you just blew the whistle on one of the most powerful agencies in the world (while not actually blowing the whistle, since you didn't really share anything earth-shatteringly new.), would you find yourself on that boat for the whole world to see?

Something is very wrong with this whole Snowden affair.

Why else do I question the Snowden story? Because it's all over the msm on a regular basis. He even got to broadcast his own new year's message after the queen of England! I don't see any other conspiracies getting that kind of attention.

And now his mission is accomplished... If he had access to the info that he has shared, then surely he would have info on more damaging issues as well, which he hasn't shared, and which would gain a lot more attention. I won't mention which ones I have in mind at the moment..

I sincerely hope that he IS legitimate, so let's not be confused about that.

I would love some ideas about this from the more serious AND open-minded ATS-folk!

soulwaxer
edit on 27-12-2013 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Interesting post OP, SnF for the thought provoking content. I too wondered the same thing....for someone who ROYALLY pissed off the NSA, I would've thought by now he would've been hunted down and detained, or fallen victim to some sort of tragic "accident". It's almost TOO convenient, the liberty which he has been allowed so far. I'm sure time will tell...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

Nice to see I'm not alone in this line of thinking.

It is also strange that Russia, of all countries, is giving him assylum. For ONE year, mind you. Why only one year? Think about that.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Wow, I didn't realize his Asylum had an expiration date. I wonder what happens to the old Snowball after his time's up? Off to the next country that's willing to take him in temporarily, in return for his "staggering media presence"?

Furthermore, did you ever wonder.....what's in it for him? I know he claims to be a true patriot, and that he's done what he's done to benefit the people of the US but...give me a break. He literally threw away his freedom and rights to put the spotlight on the NSA. Who would do that without either being threatened, or without some sort of contingency plan? He must've confided in someone in private prior to going public with his information, and had time to formulate an escape plan. I've always wondered: who did Snowden first speak to before going public, and I wonder what sort of advice he was given?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Thank you! I've been saying the same thing since the Snowden story 1st made the news. I believe Snowden was used to see how the masses would react to the extreme spying that's going on. But people didn't react much because we have always been aware that the goverments of the world think they own us like cattle.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Some people think Snowden could be a fictional character as they think Bin Laden (is) (was).

snow = white
den = house

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have questioned the Snowden situation based on the fact that it should be no secret that everyone is being spied upon. This type of technology was probably starting in the 1980's or earlier. With this Snowden revelation, we also have learned how corporations are collecting data to affect our lives. What is not being said is that the Chinese and other governments are always trying to find ways to hack into our government and corporations data. By having Snowden report on NSA abilities, light has been shined on the abilities of other entities. Thus, this will become a wake-up call to improve our nation and corporate security. Mark my words, we will be paying for increased security measures for both our nation and our corporate's security.

Another situation that plays into this situation is the current Target scandal in the US. Again both consumers and governments are going to need to be more mindful of the threats that cyber espionage and cyper terrorism.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't think there's necessarily anything odd about the Snowden situation. It's unclear why his asylum in Russia is only for one year, but - despite the end of the Cold War - Russia is still keen to rub the West and particularly America's nose in things when it can. It's just a simply power play really. Plus, he's an excellent intel asset. He'll have been questioned at length countless times.

Anyhow, Snowden will clearly come to no harm in Moscow. For one, it would be difficult for Western security agencies to get to him as he'll be shadowed by FSB constantly. Also, him having an 'accident' is problematic in two ways - 1) any 'accident' would clearly be the work of Western security, which would put a big spotlight on their activities in another 'allied' country and create a fair sized diplomatic incident, and 2) add credence to Snowden's data and wider claims.

As it stands, he might as well live it up - his usefulness to the FSB is likely to be short lived and there's no way in hell he can ever go home again. I guess he's just owning it to some degree.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

parad0x122

Wow, I didn't realize his Asylum had an expiration date. I wonder what happens to the old Snowball after his time's up? Off to the next country that's willing to take him in temporarily, in return for his "staggering media presence"?

Furthermore, did you ever wonder.....what's in it for him? I know he claims to be a true patriot, and that he's done what he's done to benefit the people of the US but...give me a break. He literally threw away his freedom and rights to put the spotlight on the NSA. Who would do that without either being threatened, or without some sort of contingency plan? He must've confided in someone in private prior to going public with his information, and had time to formulate an escape plan. I've always wondered: who did Snowden first speak to before going public, and I wonder what sort of advice he was given?

You may have a point, but look at Mandela. What was in it for him?

If Snowden is legitimate, then it is character. When I watch him speak, I do see character, but who is to say he is not a natural actor?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

xuenchen
Some people think Snowden could be a fictional character as they think Bin Laden (is) (was).

snow = white
den = house

Your first thought is a possibility, to me, because Bin Laden has obiously been dead for years.

I don't know about the white house part.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

feldercarb
I have questioned the Snowden situation based on the fact that it should be no secret that everyone is being spied upon. This type of technology was probably starting in the 1980's or earlier. With this Snowden revelation, we also have learned how corporations are collecting data to affect our lives. What is not being said is that the Chinese and other governments are always trying to find ways to hack into our government and corporations data. By having Snowden report on NSA abilities, light has been shined on the abilities of other entities. Thus, this will become a wake-up call to improve our nation and corporate security. Mark my words, we will be paying for increased security measures for both our nation and our corporate's security.

Another situation that plays into this situation is the current Target scandal in the US. Again both consumers and governments are going to need to be more mindful of the threats that cyber espionage and cyper terrorism.

Sadly, I am leaning to your line of thought. Thanks for your insights!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I believe there was also word of Snowden putting a caveat in place for all or certain parts of his documents to be released if something happened to him but can't remember where I heard that. I don't think the government, unless they have complete control over whom and how Snowden is releasing the docs, would do anything to him. I would say they are keeping constant eyes on him, but for him to have so much knowledge of what the most sophisticated and tech advanced country in the world has at his disposal, it tell me he understands just what they can and can't see as well.

That also tells me that we may not be as advanced as people assume. Having a person directly affiliated with these programs that is releasing these docs and is not necessarily holed up hidden out somewhere tells me that maybe we can't do all the things most conspiracy theorists think we can.

edit on 12/27/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It is possible that this whole thing is a way of diverting our attention from something bigger. It would have to be real big though. This would mean that the governments of the US and Russia are actually working together on this. Both of our countries worked together to gain power in the past. Both Russia and the US used fear to allow them to build big militarizes. Was this actually the plan? It seems that it could all be a way of the countries to gain unbreakable control over their citizens, controlling them by fear. Sorry for getting off topic.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i wonder why he has not been attacked by muggers while in moscow the boy is talking but not saying very much me thinks but to gauge the public reaction to being spied on did you see mass demo's in washinton anytime boys on the payroll me thinks

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

KingIcarus
I don't think there's necessarily anything odd about the Snowden situation. It's unclear why his asylum in Russia is only for one year, but - despite the end of the Cold War - Russia is still keen to rub the West and particularly America's nose in things when it can. It's just a simply power play really. Plus, he's an excellent intel asset. He'll have been questioned at length countless times.

You make an important point, which I have considered also. If he was not a legit whistleblower, and he was a cia asset or what have you, then the Russians would surely be aware of that information by now.

That is why I am trying to go deeper into the rabbit hole, because that's where this seems to be leading.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

rickymouse
It is possible that this whole thing is a way of diverting our attention from something bigger. It would have to be real big though. This would mean that the governments of the US and Russia are actually working together on this. Both of our countries worked together to gain power in the past. Both Russia and the US used fear to allow them to build big militarizes. Was this actually the plan? It seems that it could all be a way of the countries to gain unbreakable control over their citizens, controlling them by fear. Sorry for getting off topic.

In my mind, you are RIGHT ON topic!

Nations are but chess pieces on a chess board. Banks (and what not) are not loyal towards any nation. That's not their goal.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Good question OP, I'm on the fence about this one.
Like previously stated, he really didn't release anything that those of us who pay attention didn't know or at least assume already...
On that note, the subject was brought up the other night in a conversation with a person whom I feel is not one of us who is 'paying attention'. One of the first things he asked when he greeted me was "So what do you think about this Snowden guy?" He asked, because he knows me well enough to know that I know (or at least that I pay attention to these things). This, coming from a guy who when I mentioned the fact that your cellphone mic and camera can be turned on remotely, looked at me like I had claimed that the tooth-fairy was real. Apparently, the idea has become mainstream and widely accepted that yes, we are indeed being spied-upon.
Could that have been the agenda all along? To (un-officially) put it out there to the uninformed masses and gauge the backlash or lack thereof?
I'm still waiting for the big bombshell that other threads on the subject have delved-into such as the OBL killing hoax and what-not, although I'm sure that his disclosures have already caused quite a bit of damage to our foreign relations.

Yes, something is odd about the whole thing. Finding the truth in the tangled-web that our intelligence agencies are so proficient at weaving could prove to be impossible.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It could just be one big media circus for the ppl as an damage control, covering the more dangerous truths by giving something out that doesnt really hurt them but slows down ppls in many ways and meanwhile they can hide the real things. We cant win this way anyhow, if we try to figure out and wait some ppl to come out and tell us the truth, we lost already by far.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am not too sure about Snowden myself. I want to think he did what he did because he wanted Americans and the world to know just how screwed we really are and how privacy is now nonexistant.

But do you ever look at him when he is talking, like really look. His eyes throw me off, I can't tell if he is just scared (could very well be it) or if he is a pawn and is working for the government as a diversion tactic.

In the end we are screwed anyhow you look at it.

edit on 27-12-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

sageturkey
Good question OP, I'm on the fence about this one.
Like previously stated, he really didn't release anything that those of us who pay attention didn't know or at least assume already...
On that note, the subject was brought up the other night in a conversation with a person whom I feel is not one of us who is 'paying attention'. One of the first things he asked when he greeted me was "So what do you think about this Snowden guy?" He asked, because he knows me well enough to know that I know (or at least that I pay attention to these things). This, coming from a guy who when I mentioned the fact that your cellphone mic and camera can be turned on remotely, looked at me like I had claimed that the tooth-fairy was real. Apparently, the idea has become mainstream and widely accepted that yes, we are indeed being spied-upon.
Could that have been the agenda all along? To (un-officially) put it out there to the uninformed masses and gauge the backlash or lack thereof?
I'm still waiting for the big bombshell that other threads on the subject have delved-into such as the OBL killing hoax and what-not, although I'm sure that his disclosures have already caused quite a bit of damage to our foreign relations.

Yes, something is odd about the whole thing. Finding the truth in the tangled-web that our intelligence agencies are so proficient at weaving could prove to be impossible.

I wonder the same. That the agenda is to get people used to surveilance gradually in order to accept it.

Your last point: Yes, impossible for the masses.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join