It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing is magical.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There is also "Clarkes three laws."

Clarke's Three Laws are three "laws" of prediction formulated by the British writer Arthur C. Clarke.
They are:

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Wifibrains

Kashai
"Nothing, can only be seen through a kaleidoscope of equivocations."

Any thoughts?

More than one. Lol

Here is the question to that answer.

Other critics deny that What is Metaphysics? suffers from an absence of meaning. Just the reverse: they think Heidegger's passages about nothing involve too many meanings. When Heidegger connects negation with nothingness and death, these logicians are put in mind of an epitaph that toys with the principle of excluded middle: Mrs Nott was Nott Alive and is Nott Dead. According to these critics, Heidegger's writings can only be understood in the way we understand the solution to equivocal riddles:

What does a man love more than life?
Hate more than death or mortal strife?
That which contented men desire,
The poor have, the rich require,
The miser spends, the spendthrift saves,
And all men carry to their graves?
(Leemings, 1953, 201)

Stanford

edit on 27-12-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have a billion dollars in nothingness any takers? will settle for a million dollars for it!
What a steal of a deal! My nothingness will not last at these prices! This is crazy!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Helpus2014
I have a billion dollars in nothingness any takers? will settle for a million dollars for it!
What a steal of a deal! My nothingness will not last at these prices! This is crazy!

Nothing cannot be sold or bought.
Revelation 13
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I like nothing but I love more than nothing

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Think about nothing for just a sec...

When you have nothing, they can't take nothing away from you.

Nothing can not be contained and you can not charge for nothing.

Nothing is free in this world. Nothing is coming, nothing can stop it.

Think about nothing for a minute...

There is nothing to fear, when nothing is here.

Nothing but love.

I love nothing, nothing loves be back.

Think about nothing for a hour....

Nothing is perfect all the time.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Nothing even rivals itself...

Nothing is more infinite than nothing...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Nothing can escape the infinity of a black hole.

Nothing moves faster than light!

[According to Einstein's theory of special relativity, published in 1905, nothing can exceed the speed of light. That speed, explained Einstein, is a fundamental constant of nature: It appears the same to all observers anywhere in space.]

Nothing appears as it seems.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I feel like I am in an airport in the 70's

The problem with nothing is that there is no evidence of nothing. Given reality as we understand it as a construct, due to the fact our common senses cannot perceive quantum reality. Anything we consider in relation to reality is also a construct based upon our limited ability to perceive reality. What we see, hear, smell, taste and feel are all the result of internal representations, it is real but limited. These limitations could very well imply to you that nothing resulted in reality. But you are responding to reality in no different a way than a blind man understands an elephant
after having approached it from one angle, with access only to that angle.

Nothing, in scientific circles only exist in relation to an abstract, there was a time when space/time was considered a vacuum. It is not a vacuum and in relation to what is known today the reality we perceive is simply a construct. The idea that you have felt love when you think of nothing implies that due to neural connections you not release pleasure chemicals in your brain. This in no different a way than a religious zealot who hands out pamphlets.

You want very much to believe that nothing resulted in all of this but there is no experience that offers in fact that this is what occurred. If anything it makes perfect sense that our "Universe" is a by-product of another process, that has existed for much longer that we as a race have a number for.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Any thoughts? Hmmm

Nothing is fun for me! Finding these little conundrums makes me smile.

You are making something out of nothing using my interpretation, I should have got a patent pending.

Lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have nothing to say

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

LOL why would you get a patent if there is nothing?

edit on 28-12-2013 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Kashai

LOL why would you get a patent if there is nothing?

Nothing is there to patent. Lol

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

As soon as you get past, "kaleidoscope of equivocations".

In all sincerity the argument is no better than, "how many angels can fit on a pin".

Please understand the extent to which, what we understand is irrelevant.

Consider the idea that humans 10,000 years from now will look at what we thought in no different a way than how we consider humans 10,000 years ago.

Any thoughts?
edit on 28-12-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Kashai

As soon as you get past, "kaleidoscope of equivocations".

In all sincerity the argument is no better than, "how many angels can fit on a pin".

Please understand the extent to which, what we understand is irrelevant.

Consider the idea that humans 10,000 years from now will look at what we thought in no different a way than how we consider humans 10,000 years ago.

Any thoughts?
edit on 28-12-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

What argument?

Nothing comes to mind, humans will see nothing differently 10,000 years from now, compared with the way humans did 10,000 years ago.

edit on 28-12-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It is called evidence as opposed to the idea of one walking door to door handing our pamphlets. Or going on the internet to profess my faith, has nothing to do with reality . I mean as much as a person wants to believe that Noah and h family, were the only survivors of a world wide flood, bespeaks of a rather large amount of genetic abnormalities (very likely humans would not have survived being the result of one family surviving a disaster).

By the same token it really makes no sense to support a position, where nothing exist, as there is plenty of evidence that this "Universe", resulted from something.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Kashai
It is called evidence as opposed to the idea of one walking door to door handing our pamphlets. Or going on the internet to profess my faith, has nothing to do with reality . I mean as much as a person wants to believe that Noah and h family, were the only survivors of a world wide flood, bespeaks of a rather large amount of genetic abnormalities (very likely humans would not have survived being the result of one family surviving a disaster).

By the same token it really makes no sense to support a position, where nothing exist, as there is plenty of evidence that this "Universe", resulted from something.

Any thoughts?

This thread is about nothing.

I have nothing to prove.

I have proof/evidence of nothing.

You can not see it.

Lol

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Wifibrains

Kashai

Any thoughts?

This thread is about nothing.

I have nothing to prove.

I have proof/evidence of nothing.

You can not see it.

Lol

Its because your point is moot.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Your wrong! There is something more stronger and much more powerful then "nothing" That something is "super nothing" its like regular nothing, but there is nothing regular about it. Something from nothing but nothing for something, usually leads to nothing for nothing.

In all the universe there is nothing, sometimes that nothing is confused and misinterpreted as something other then nothing. Hence we have something other then nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Kashai
"Nothing, can only be seen through a kaleidoscope of equivocations."

Any thoughts?

Yes! I have some thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join