It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing is magical.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

galadofwarthethird

Kashai
"Nothing, can only be seen through a kaleidoscope of equivocations."

Any thoughts?

Yes! I have some thoughts.

And
when are we going to start reading them???
edit on 28-12-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The problem with nothing is that there is no evidence of nothing.

There wrong nothing is everywhere, they just cant see it or grasp it because they keep looking for it in something. It is quite a futile effort as you can no doubt tell.

Given reality as we understand it as a construct, due to the fact our common senses cannot perceive quantum reality. Anything we consider in relation to reality is also a construct based upon our limited ability to perceive reality. What we see, hear, smell, taste and feel are all the result of internal representations, it is real but limited. These limitations could very well imply to you that nothing resulted in reality. But you are responding to reality in no different a way than a blind man understands an elephant after having approached it from one angle, with access only to that angle.

Its quite simple really. Nothing exists, and so nothing being the only thing in existence created a bunch of somethings, so that way it would not be completely bored you see. So hence in conclusion that can only mean that nothing came from something, and something leads to nothing.

You want very much to believe that nothing resulted in all of this but there is no experience that offers in fact that this is what occurred. If anything it makes perfect sense that our "Universe" is a by-product of another process, that has existed for much longer that we as a race have a number for.

Any thoughts?

Our universe sits on the back of a giant space turtle. And as we know turtles are slow, hence the slowness of this giant cosmic space universe turtle is somehow seeping into our universe, making everything just a bit on the slow side. Some have questioned the meaning of this, while others have tried to measure it, however due to a lag in such observations everything will be known right about the time it would not matter anymore and nobody would care. Making everybody question the whole point of questioning anything. Yet the giant universal cosmic turtle will waddle on, and the universe will continue as per usual.

I hope that answers the questions you had about nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Kashai

galadofwarthethird

Kashai
"Nothing, can only be seen through a kaleidoscope of equivocations."

Any thoughts?

Yes! I have some thoughts.

And
when are we going to start reading them???
edit on 28-12-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

Its all there in that post, all those thoughts were about nothing, hence I wrote nothing down. DUH!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Nothing means no thing, a non entity but it can be material like steel or carbon or wool

Something means some entity

A thing is a whole item, or being or person or entity

Nothing means no entity

Something means some thing like an entity or holon

Steel is nothing because it is no thing until it becomes a car then it is part of a thing it is something

God creates from no thing it is all rudimentary stuff like steel, atoms or carbon until it is molded into a thing like a man or woman or car
Then He reproduces life from some thing—man and woman

That’s why to say God created something out of nothing is true and false
On one hand he can’t create out of nothing( literally no thing or no somthing) but he can create out of no thing
( Source material like steel or carbon)

So when he creates from no thing he makes it through source material and he reproduces through some thing like a man or woman

He created things out of no thing but out of something

edit on 28-12-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In the end Nothing matters.

Thing is, this is not the end, yet.

Once realized the Truth, there is No Truth becomes apparent.

The Nothing is not Large, nor is it small.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Kashai

Wifibrains

Kashai
It is called evidence as opposed to the idea of one walking door to door handing our pamphlets. Or going on the internet to profess my faith, has nothing to do with reality . I mean as much as a person wants to believe that Noah and h family, were the only survivors of a world wide flood, bespeaks of a rather large amount of genetic abnormalities (very likely humans would not have survived being the result of one family surviving a disaster).

By the same token it really makes no sense to support a position, where nothing exist, as there is plenty of evidence that this "Universe", resulted from something.

Any thoughts?

This thread is about nothing.

I have nothing to prove.

I have proof/evidence of nothing.

You can not see it.

Lol
edit on 28-12-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

Its because your point is moot.
edit on 28-12-2013 by Kashai because: Content edit

Half correct. There is no point.

Most of the way nothing has been presented in this thread either means nothing, or has more than one meaning.

Make of it what you will....

Something tells me nothing is going on.

edit on 29-12-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Wifibrains
Something tells me nothing is going on.

Nothing whispers sweet nothings.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

If you have been shut out and left with nothing long enough, you start to make the best of it, turning nothing into something, and on good days this something can mean the difference between pain and bliss, and become everything.

First of all. Nothing is a word and a concept. In the Norse prophecy Voluspa, the world was made from nothing. That's quite something, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Believe nothing I say, nothing is true. No matter what you see too.... Believe nothing.

It's all a eccentric illusion.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

If you have been shut out and left with nothing long enough, you start to make the best of it, turning nothing into something, and on good days this something can mean the difference between pain and bliss, and become everything.

First of all. Nothing is a word and a concept. In the Norse prophecy Voluspa, the world was made from nothing. That's quite something, don't you think?

I think nothing is a black hole in the litteral world of language and meaning.

Nothing changes.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

But bow down for nobody! Be brave and fear noone, because nothings gonna happen, and there is no telling why or how. Has there ever been an event or time when nothing at all was happening?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Wifibrains

Utnapisjtim

I think nothing is a black hole in the litteral world of language and meaning.

Nothing changes.

I don't know about that, but I sure know that sometimes nothing can ruin the day, and that's typically when the elephant's toenails are to get painted, or when the cakes are soft and built in seven stories.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: cake

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

But bow down for nobody! Be brave and fear noone, because nothings gonna happen, and there is no telling why or how. Has there ever been an event or time when nothing at all was happening?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Wifibrains

I do not agree!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

but I sure know that sometimes nothing can ruin the day

How so? You must know nothing, or you would not be sure.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

Wifibrains

I do not agree!

Do you agree I said nothing in relation to your post, but that nothing was still something?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Wifibrains

Utnapisjtim

Wifibrains

I do not agree!

Do you agree I said nothing in relation to your post, but that nothing was still something?

Nobody really knows what nothing is or who noone is, no worries though, for nothing else matters than knowing that a king or a president could save the world by doing nothing sometimes. And you are never truely wise until you realise that you know nothing at all.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: deleted everything else

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

you are never truely wise until you realise that you know nothing at all.

Nothing at all is all at nothing.

To know nothing at all.

It's all or nothing.

I know nothing at all.

Did I paint the elephants toenail?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Wifibrains

To know nothing at all.

It's all or nothing.

I know nothing at all.

Do good, expect nothing in return, because anything could happen, and something always do, and since you expected nothing, everything that does happen emerge from nothing

edit on 29-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

Wifibrains

To know nothing at all.

It's all or nothing.

I know nothing at all.

Do good, expect nothing in return, because anything could happen, and something always do, and since you expected nothing, everything that does happen emerge from nothing

edit on 29-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

Now I know you know nothing, you just don't show it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join