It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of scripted MSM

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here's an interesting one, straight from bush

edit on 27-12-2013 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't think that the wire method of news distribution is intended to be malicious but I don't see how it could be denied that without proper checks, malicious activity would be TOO easy to commit. But how does a company stay competitive chasing little stories all over the country while it's competitors are just stamping news right off the wire with their logo and there is no legal ramifications?

I am a firm believer in a Crown (or State) media control. Orwell aside, it is the only way to keep some sort of entity responsible for wrong or misleading mass reporting. A separate elected Minister for each department (Media, Finance, Education etc.) is all I can see working within our system to keep these vital utilities working properly and for the benefit of citizens.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I agree that it is both a symptom of laziness on behalf of reporting these days, both televised and written. I cannot even count how many times I've went looking for differing versions of a particular bit of news to only encounter the same piece written and hosted by so many, over and over again. That, however, has only grown worse recently. I'd say in the last year. And definitely, it's also a symptom of conglomeration of media sources.

As far as this one goes, I do not know the context but the opener "it's okay...you can admit it, you bought an item or two or ten for yourself..." almost makes me feel like it's an encouragement to spend, spend, spend. Sometimes, a news piece can be bought and paid for. There is that, too, and this story is just in time for the Christmas shopping season.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Sorry, but this isn't proof of anything being scripted and it's been covered at least once before. What happens is that all news outlets get a "cookie cutter" article already written by the source. They read it without alteration and that's why every single news outlet sounds the same.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Snarl
I guess that's proof a scripted message is being delivered.

It's not laziness ... it's mass media ... and they've been driving the train a long time now.

Agreed.

Its not until we see a video like this which makes us realize how common this really is.

Normally, how would a person in LA know that the exact same script is being used in NY?

And for those who say its out of laziness, I think youre being a bit naive. While it may be an identical article distributed by a wire service, it doenst diminish the fact that this exactly they way in which the masses are brainwashed.

They did the exact same thing to Ron Paul:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I still watch some parts of Fox News. The 'liberal agenda' media I can't stomach while their administration is in power. You get nothing but distraction from them during a period like this. Couple that with what they leave completely out of their 'shows' and the CT in me springs forth. I would say the omissions are the most telling.

I'd love to see a compilation video showing where the Fox hosts unexpectedly pause ... or directly comment ... because someone behind the curtain is talking in their ear. These guys are really good at covering up what's going on, but I can see very abrupt changes occur in the direction of dialogue and the message direction of the script.

ALL of these people are very well compensated for their performances. Some of 'em are way smarter'n me. Their good looks are also part of the trap. Everyone could probably admit they like getting their news in a particular flavor whether it was the Walter Cronkite version or the hot blonde babes of Faux ... whatever your fancy ... it's the indoctrination you choose.

I see a lot of news on-line. Seems like there are three (maybe four) original sources. I'm in a unique position to see news daily in another country. The themes are never not in-line. I like perspective and try to keep up with the Russian tell as well. None-the-less it's all coming from a script ... and that is readily apparent. Just can't believe it was so blatantly defined by Conan. Why now?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Exactly how one had imagined it. Here in Iceland we only two national wide news stations. And a couple of others that well, cover only crap. And one see's how easy it is to control information and thus, peoples thought patterns around certain subjects.

In Iceland, those who don't confront the information given, they're more extreme left or right than in the states I presume.
edit on 28/12/13 by Sump3 because: misspell

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I guess this just goes to show that all MSM is connected...

Thank you for making this thread. If anyone at all is still getting information on mainstream media these days, they are getting one big dose of scripted propaganda.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Scary, but kind of hilarious. Just incredible really.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by trollz

Sorry, but this isn't proof of anything being scripted and it's been covered at least once before. What happens is that all news outlets get a "cookie cutter" article already written by the source. They read it without alteration and that's why every single news outlet sounds the same.

Of course it is proof, it is ABSOLUTE PROOF.

Noone knows who the source is, no one cares or questions, the robots reading the news at even the LOCAL level now for the last 10 years have been reading the same stories on each channel, all the while claiming vociferously that they are somehow better, and faster at something.

Now all the tickers EVERYWHERE are exactly the same, there is NO DIFFERENCE ON ANY CHANNEL!

Sports, Cable News, ANY NEWS, all the freaking same, Christian News , HELL ANYWHERE YOU CAN GET NEWS, it is all the EXACT SAME, on all the mainstream and most non-mainstream even.

This is called "Script" when you run stories as if they are somehow important, without anyone or anything realizing or questioning why only a few things are important enough to talk about.

It makes me laugh when I see the newscasters repeat the same thing every 15 minutes while I wait for the weather forecast... but then soon I GUFFAW and turn off the TV.

What this newest format on ATS has done, is make this site all the more like that as well....oh well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join