It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of scripted MSM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I just saw these videos, which are collections of various news anchors using the exact same wording.
From the source (here),

As Ben Swann points out “In most of these cases where O’Brien uses anchors from different TV stations all over the country reading the exact same script word for word, the source of that script is some kind of wire service. This means those stations have subscribed to AP, Reuters, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, etc wire services. In those cases, the wire story will come down and a station reporter or producer will copy and paste it word for word into a newscast. The problem with this policy is that reporters and producers simply take that content as gospel and no one in any newsroom ever bothers to fact check or verify if the wire story is correct. Simply put, in a newsroom, if it is on the wire it has to be true.”

I guess this just goes to show that all MSM is connected... If tptb want to push an idea or agenda, all they have to do is present it through one of these "wire services" and, regardless of fact, it will be presented.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Yes.
Exactly.
This is how
easy it is to spread the message.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
OMG , I have heard this before but never with so many different reporters. But who is writing this stuff??
If I had to guess.

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 27-12-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't say scripted; I would say lazy. Lazy because they are all using a wire service to push a story. Of course, that doesn't mean it isn't a concert. Still, the nation needs to know that even "local" news has its pieces that are pushed by an omniscient wire service such as the AP or UPI for their "national" news.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don't think it proves anything but sheer laziness.
They all do this. It's done in newspapers and is clearly shown the source is AP or whoever. It's also shown on the TV broadcast that it's all one source. Its on the photos and embedded into videos. That's a pretty obvious clue right there.

They use the exact same headlines. It's the way the news gets reported and passed on. That's all reporting really is, just passing it on. They can't send every single reporter out to every single event miles away. Think about the logistics involved in that.

I think it is thought though that the real source is the New York Times. They control the media.

It's up to the viewer to have enough brains to decide for themselves what they choose to believe or check on the facts themselves, if the story is that important to them.

In this day and age I think the majority of people over the age of five have learned not to believe everything they read or hear. So I don't see the concern here. Just don't believe and take everything at face value.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

It's been going on for years in the written media (newspapers, internet). Is it really such a surprise that it's happening in TV?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I guess that's proof a scripted message is being delivered.

It's not laziness ... it's mass media ... and they've been driving the train a long time now.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Snarl
I guess that's proof a scripted message is being delivered.

It's not laziness ... it's mass media ... and they've been driving the train a long time now.

I disagree to an extent. It is indeed both; mass media and laziness. It is mass media because it is the same story, but it is lazy because they have chosen not to do anything but the same story that came from the wire. It is up to the People to determine if they want this or not. Starve the beast.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
that is just laziness and low budget to make original scripting, i bet all the filler news are generated by a cheap software or the south park manatees

www.southparkstudios.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This has been discussed several times lately on ATS. Which is a good thing. It needs to be noticed, but not taken out of context. As I said in the last recent thread about this...

There are several vids out there about it. A lot of news organizations get their stories from the same place, and do little to change them, except when it comes to commentary. Of course, that's to be expected when 6 corporations have a monopoly on news world-wide. Source

www.abovetopsecret.com...
ed it on 12/27/2013 by Klassified because: add link

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Grab a spoon

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
More proof that the MSM is scripted. And this isn't laziness. Pure deceit...

edit on 27-12-2013 by GalaxyEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I guess people have never looked into the BBG before or figured out what they really do?

Here are the Board Members for you of the official US Government Propaganda Agency the Broadcast Board of Governors. Ran by the State Department. They went through a purging process a little while ago. So you have new faces there. It was people like Hillary Clinton, Walter Isaacson (Wrote the story for Apple and Steve Jobs and quit the BBG to protect the story he created when bad press started), Dana Perino (Fox News she quit the BBG or really fired the day of Sandyhook because of her ties to Cerberus and Jon Snow and Dan Quayle.)

www.bbg.gov...

And I all ways find this one interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So where did you think local news channels with limited resources get news outside of their community? Did people think everytime a cat a bad car accident happened every news org on earth sent out its own reporters? No of course not you either depend on the wire services or of your a big network your local affiliate unless it is big enough news wise to send your own crew. This is how the news has always been. When a newspaper in Vermont had a story about something in Europe in the 1800s do you think they got that news the same way we do today. Granted they many times news organizations mix it up little to make it sound different or ad a political slant but it of course it comes from another source. Where have you people been since the dawn of news?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

It is not that the same stories are being reported it is that the news agencies are given a direct line to read for propaganda effect. Gas prices are going up, anxiety is good for you, Buy your self item, or two or ten for yourself. Direct lines given out on mass scale and expected to be repeated to the masses on every channel.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
FCC

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is an independent agency of the United States government, created by Congressional statute (see 47 U.S.C. § 151 and 47 U.S.C. § 154), and with the majority of its commissioners appointed by the current President. The FCC works towards six goals in the areas of broadband, competition, the spectrum, the media, public safety and homeland security. The Commission is also in the process of modernizing itself.

Plain as day isn't it?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just read about the AP News Agency.
You can bet that traders in New York were making profit by getting early news from small boats that went out to meet incoming ships and then hustle back in to harbor.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

my mind.

it's blown.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sounds familiar, kinda likt this, just replace the require 'er' with tptb:

China will require its 250,000 journalists to pass a 'Marxism test'

In the several months leading up to the exam, the government has mandated that reporters take weekly classes to ensure “political consistency” with the Communist Party line.

“Some reporter[s] who lack ethics still have not surfaced,” one Marxist educator told the state-run Global Times. “We urgently need to educate media circles with the Marxist view of journalism. Such education can't be loosened and should be conducted in a long term.”

Other exam topics are said to include:[I]
• education in “the leading role of the Party in publicity” and the nature of media as a “field and weapon to address the Party's thinking and political ideas;”
• guidance on writing critically about Japan, especially the “right-leaning” administration of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe;
• instructions to critique those who advocate human rights, democracy, or the freedom of the press, as enemies “bent on attacking the teachings of the Communist Party;”
•precepts such as, “the relationship between the Party and the news media is one of leader and the led;”
•topics in “journalistic ethics” and techniques for “preventing rumors.”[/I]

www.globalpost.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Watching these videos, all I could think about was, "I've gotta get the @#*! out of here!!!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join