It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal authorities charge white ‘knockout’ suspect with hate crime

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

But mostly this is simply just more of your typical disgusting violence enacted by teenage cowards trying to feel big. Feel free to research the topic beyond news articles.

Actually I don't need to research it. I've lived it both while in the military and growing up.

During my time in the army where we were stationed (stateside) enlisted clubs were segregated. Not officially of course, no one would ever admit to that. God help any white person who showed their face at a black EM club. This was simple race based violence at it's worst.

Not sure about now but growing up we were forced bused to integrate our schools. Again the race based violence was very bad. There was plenty of garden variety violence but I know race based hate violence when I see it. As I said, I've lived in it.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So...the media is stirring the racial question again.
Things must be getting ready to cook off if our "masters" are this paranoid!
Keep your friends close folks, black, white, yellow, red, green blue and purple!
Divide and conquer, the oldest trick in the book.
Class warfare is ok though.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Perhaps a better term would be race crime, especially if the perps are soley targeting individuals based on race.

Even in those cases though, let me give you an example.

I go out today and pick a fight with a random stranger and beat him to an inch of his life.

I go out tomorrow and do the same thing to a black guy.

Why in the HELL should I get punished differently, or more harshly for the second crime, than the first? They were both motivated by the same thing, hatred and the need to harm somebody.

That's my problem with hate crime legislation. You're simply saying that a black man's life is worth more jail time than a white man's. When in fact, murder is murder, assault is assault and it should be treated the same.

Period.

Otherwise they are simply perpetuating racism openly.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
That's my problem with hate crime legislation. You're simply saying that a black man's life is worth more jail time than a white man's. When in fact, murder is murder, assault is assault and it should be treated the same.

Yeah ... what tothetenthpower said.

Ever see a courtroom with statues of Lady Justice and her scales? She has a blindfold on. She's supposed to be blind. The scales of justice are supposed to be the same for everyone. No special treatment. No extra harsh treatment. Blind justice that is the same for everyone.

It is my opinion that 'hate crime legislation' is the exact opposite of what Lady Justice represents.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting perspectives here. So a white guy targeting a black person because of color which is pretty muck the same as what the KKK did is no different than any other random act of aggression? Not buying it. Targeted violence based on race is race based hate. I don't care which race on race violence we're speaking of. There are levels of evil.

As far as lady justice, she's not only blindfolded now shes been gagged and silenced. That's why we're seeing vehicular homicide getting off with no jail time, rapists walking free and non violent offenders being put away for life.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Targeted violence based on race is race based hate.

So is targeted violence for not liking your face.

Doesn't mean the punishment should be any different.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

BassagoSo I'm glad this thug will get what he deserves but I can't understand why only attacks on black or Jewish is a hate crime. Do white people no longer matter in the new America?

The “game” has spawned a fierce debate since many of the reported victims have been white and their assailants have been black, but hate crimes charges have been all but non-existent.

edit on 761am1717am112013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Because he made a video prior to and of the incident which gave evidence he was targeting a specific demographic group. Without the video its merely a coincidence and would not hold up in court; however, the video is the smoking gun allowing the prosecution under the hate crime statute

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Kali74

Knockout game AKA mugging or groups of delinquent teens being... delinquents, media hyped into something it's not.

You're suggesting there is no racial motivation for any of the black on white attacks? Those are just delinquents acting out?

Really... really?

Can you prove, with hard evidence, the attacks are racially motivated opposed to being a typical assault case. If they could make it stand up in court, they would charge it.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Bassago
Hmm, interesting perspectives here. So a white guy targeting a black person because of color which is pretty muck the same as what the KKK did is no different than any other random act of aggression? Not buying it. Targeted violence based on race is race based hate. I don't care which race on race violence we're speaking of. There are levels of evil.

Assault is assault. The end result is the same no matter why the assault was perpetrated. What hate crimes attempt to do is parse things and make some assaults worse than others based on the motive. How is that just?

Two mean are beaten within an inch of their life, but one assailant receives a worse sentence because it is determined by the state that he did it out of racial or some other prejudicial animus? Did those thoughts somehow hurt his victim worse than the other victim?

What is really going on is an attempt to prosecute people for merely thinking wrongly, and don't the thought police love that. How long before merely speaking incorrectly becomes a hate crime? Or are we already there?

As far as lady justice, she's not only blindfolded now shes been gagged and silenced. That's why we're seeing vehicular homicide getting off with no jail time, rapists walking free and non violent offenders being put away for life.

I won't argue that, but compounding existing wrongs with more surely won't help fix any of the problems.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Cypress

Bassago
reply to post by Kali74

Knockout game AKA mugging or groups of delinquent teens being... delinquents, media hyped into something it's not.

You're suggesting there is no racial motivation for any of the black on white attacks? Those are just delinquents acting out?

Really... really?

Can you prove, with hard evidence, the attacks are racially motivated opposed to being a typical assault case. If they could make it stand up in court, they would charge it.

Well, since most violent criminals are smart enough not to admit race based hate crimes (with the possible exception of the white guy in the OP) then it's pretty hard to "prove."

Just like this video couldn't really prove it was a racial attack. Where I come from if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck. As noted earlier our legal system is a bit messed up.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Started my own thread on this without realizing you had one going. Sorry, but here I'd like to post what I posted over there...you know...add to the ongoing!

Finally....a hate crime charge for this dangerous "knockout" game that's been happening all over the country and growing in popularity. Finally! Wait...it's a white guy charged for hitting an elderly black man. Imagine that. Blacks have been assaulting all kinds of folks for years with this game and now the first hate crime charge gets handed down...to a white person.

I finally get it...blacks can be charged with no hate crimes. Their crimes against whites are justified because of 400 years of oppression, I guess.

CNN just got through having a debate about this charge. The three anchors included two black guys and a white guy who tried to point out what was more disgusting about this crime was the fact that a 79-year old elderly man was attacked. This of course was ignored. Despite all the countless knockout game attacks that have been documented (nearly all of them by blacks against whites) these anchors even doubted the existence of the game. Pathetic. And is it any wonder that CNN is about to go to documentary television rather than covering the news?

Despite all the racial motivation that seems to be behind this game something has to be done to stop it. There was already a case just recently about a man being killed from it. It's dangerous to the unsuspecting victim. A coward runs up and sucker punches the victim without him knowing and the attempt is to knock the person out cold. Plain dumb. What is this country coming to?

It would be nice to see more news stories about black people who play this game getting charged with hate crimes rather than it being a one-way street. Maybe it would deter them from participating in such barbaric acts if they knew there were more serious repercussions, but then again....most of the black folks who play this game (or anyone for that matter) are criminals and criminals just don't give a damn.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Yeah the American justice system. To be fair the tool who committed this crime admitted to the fact it was racially motivated. So there is always the burden of proof that needs to be met. That said these hate crimes are obvious to anyone who cares to look at them IMO. Obviously not everyone agrees and that's OK.

Maybe we need to resolve this with people being more aware of their surroundings, get permits to carry a gun and change the laws so that these types of assaults are treated in a much harsher manner. Say treat them like attempted murder and if anyone is killed during the assault everyone who was part of the attack gets the death penalty.

That would send he right message to these animals regardless of color and race.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
you know i bet if people started carrying six shooters like they did in old west you would have either a lot less incidents of these assaults or a whole lot more justified shootings. THIS ISN'T A GAME THIS IS A CRIME AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH . remember when three punks tried this recently in brooklyn the old man shoot 2 of them in the foot and pistol whipped the third they told the cops whet happened and bloombergs finest made sure they got medical treatment then started a manhunt for the vigilante . so 3 turds got off easy and the cops looking for some old guy because he defended himself

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"hate crime" is an attempt by federal government to usurp control over issues that are state or local jurisdiction. Yet another test on popular tolerance for federal tyranny.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
at first i was going to give a damn. Then i saw that he did this to a 79 year old man.

No pity. None at all. Make it a double hate crime, and then invent a new one just to stick it to that punk

Really? A 79 year old man? Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So, this one is a hate crime because he targeted an elderly black man, but this one where an elderly Vietnamese man was beaten to death is not?

How does that work?

Hate crimes are a joke.

(post by RocksFromSpace removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Trying to understand if you're serious here or not...? I've not found any links between the Zionists and the knockout game. Care to elaborate?

edit on Fri Dec 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Get used to it. It'll get worse before it gets better.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This grown man, not kid, should be taken out back and shot... People like this fool don't help us move forward as a society, but they're here only derailing any progress we're trying to have... I honestly wish the worst things on people like this guy.... Stories like this just make me sick..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join