It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal authorities charge white ‘knockout’ suspect with hate crime

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

seabag
reply to post by Bassago

So I'm glad this thug will get what he deserves but I can't understand why only attacks on black or Jewish is a hate crime. Do white people no longer matter in the new America?

The double standard is striking, no?

Only white people can be racist in the PC world we live in. In reality, we ALL know racists come in many colors and from all walks of life.

This isn’t a hate crime…it’s a simple assault.

This most definitely is a hate crime, he went out of his way to attack an african-american to see if he could turn this assault into a national headline...

The suspect made a video of the attack November 24, the complaint said. In the video, he allegedly commented that "the plan is to see if I were to hit a black person, would this be nationally televised?"

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

So he had a heinous motive, but does that make the actual assault itself any worse?

No.

Assault is a crime in and of itself, and he will be punished for it. Adding the extra charge to it only attempts to punish someone for "thinking" incorrectly, but can't that be said of anyone who chooses to assault someone else criminally?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Dunno about that. If you shot someone in a heated argument it's a homicide. If you specifically target someone with malicious intent that's premeditated murder. The victim is still just as dead but there is a difference. There's a difference in the penalty as well.

There are all kinds of "assaults." Premeditation and intent play a big part of how justice is dealt out.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

But that's different than ascribing extra criminality to the motive which is what a hate crime attempts to do.

You could assault someone in the heat of the moment or plan the attack out over several days and get a different degree charge for it, but let one of those assaults be an alleged hate crime and you've tacked on extra criminality for the motive alone. It won't matter whether we are talking about the first or second assault.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by jhn7537

So he had a heinous motive, but does that make the actual assault itself any worse?

No.

Assault is a crime in and of itself, and he will be punished for it. Adding the extra charge to it only attempts to punish someone for "thinking" incorrectly, but can't that be said of anyone who chooses to assault someone else criminally?

It's premeditated assault vs simple assault...

Example-

1. This story. The guy thought up this plan then acted on it.

2. At a bar, guys bumps you, words are exchanged and punches are thrown.

Can't you see a difference between the two? The example could be used on more serious crimes like murder... We can have premeditated murder, which usually leads to 1st degree murder, because it was "thought out" prior to the act. Instead of acting in the heat of the moment of a fight and taking a crime too far killing someone...

I believe when something it premeditated it's typically ALWAYS much worse

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by ketsuko

Dunno about that. If you shot someone in a heated argument it's a homicide. If you specifically target someone with malicious intent that's premeditated murder. The victim is still just as dead but there is a difference. There's a difference in the penalty as well.

There are all kinds of "assaults." Premeditation and intent play a big part of how justice is dealt out.

Ahhh, just noticed this... I replied in the same exact manner to the reply I received from him... I agree with your thought process too. Seems like we were on the same page with examples used too...hahaha

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

luciddream
The stupid thing here is morons(general viewers) calling every black on white attack(that happens everyday, somewhere) into a hate crime.

Tho the original "knock out" existed, but now everything like school bullying, mugging, robbery, are called as "knock out" game by bleeding hearts, which gets people like this idiot mad and he goes and actually commit the real "knock out" game.

This guy is nothing but a simple minded fool who bought into the over hype of this "knock out" game and got himself in trouble.

Now stop listening to every assault on X by Y as "knock out" game.

So this guy went to play the game because he is mad about people generalizing the phrase "knockout game"? And if we all stop listening to the hype of every assault being the knockout game this sort of thing will go away? I know this must not be what you mean but felt a need to ask exactly what it is you are saying.

With some bullying the bullies are the one confessing to this game being played. I can't speak for all but if they are the ones saying this is what it is then why is the term being overused?

Hate crime - I'm not sure anyone going up to another and clobbering them would be considered a loving act so it is all hate - regardless of race. Hate is hate. He said he wamted to see if it made the news and his question was answered. It was video taped - it would have also made the news if it were a white elderly man - due to the fact it was such a vulnerable target. Shows how powerless he truly feels about himself. Now his defense is bipolar. I'm not sure that will cut it. He knew what he was doing was wrong so mental health issue isn't relevant.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

See my reply above.

One is a crime of passion while the other shows cold forethought which makes it worse because there is no doubt you intended to do it. It's about intent and degree of intent.

Hate crimes attach extra criminality to motive, to thought, attempting to make some motives somehow worse than others.

Intent is not motive.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
When blacks go around "polar bear hunting" as they call the knockout game, it's not racist at all and the doj does nothing. When the FIRST white on black attack in the knockout game happens though, the doj springs to life!

I see where Mr holder stands on the racism scale. He clearly hates white people.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Bassago

But that's different than ascribing extra criminality to the motive which is what a hate crime attempts to do.

You could assault someone in the heat of the moment or plan the attack out over several days and get a different degree charge for it, but let one of those assaults be an alleged hate crime and you've tacked on extra criminality for the motive alone. It won't matter whether we are talking about the first or second assault.

It's not attempting to add, it is already added in this case due to the targeting a person due to the premeditated and focused racial aspect of the crime. The issue is it's only apparently used if a white person commits the crime or the victim is of a protected class, like Jewish or gay, etc.

That's wrong. This type of targeted premeditated crime needs to be dealt with for all offenders regardless if they're white or black or green. Maybe if they'd spend more time dealing harshly with these violent criminals instead of pandering to them this country would be a little better off. There's another thread going right now about poor people being imprisoned because they can't afford to pay court accessed fees and fine. Justice is broken in America.

Regardless of who is correct on this legally I hope there is a special reserved ring in Dante's hell for people who commit these types of crimes. Intent is everything IMO.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

This most definitely is a hate crime, he went out of his way to attack an african-american to see if he could turn this assault into a national headline...

Aren’t ALL assaults a “hate crime”? I mean…you’ve gotta really dislike someone to punch them in the face with bad intentions.

Why don’t we hear about it being a “hate crime” when blacks do it to white people? Do you thinks it’s a coincidence that blacks don’t do the KO game on old blacks folks?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 27-12-2013 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Bassago

Well, since most violent criminals are smart enough not to admit race based hate crimes (with the possible exception of the white guy in the OP) then it's pretty hard to "prove."

That is complete conjecture. It is far more plausible that the majority of the aattacks have targeted random victims.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

VictorVonDoom
When the guy records himself on video saying that he targeted a black man just to see if it would make the news, the Justice Department really had no choice but to charge him with a hate crime.

I think that, if they had the option, the Justice Department would not have charged him with a hate crime; just so they wouldn't have to answer the questions that you ask.

Bingo

In the various other incidents, aside from the obvious color difference, there was no way to prove it was a hate crime. However, this dumb MF'er literally said he was targeting a specific race, so he got exactly what he was asking for.

To everyone else who thinks this is all about being politically correct, you have proven yourselves, once again, at being no better than the propaganda machines you profess to be cynics of.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

seabag
reply to post by jhn7537

Aren’t ALL assaults a “hate crime”? I mean…you’ve gotta really dislike someone to punch them in the face with bad intentions.

Why don’t we hear about it being a “hate crime” when blacks do it to white people? Do you thinks it’s a coincidence that blacks don’t do the KO game on old blacks folks?

I'd really love to see you piece together an actual argument on how a random attacker HATES their victim.
In your mind it goes something like this
"See that random person over there. I HATE him, so I'm going to punch him."

Good luck with that overly simplistic view

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

I'd really love to see you piece together an actual argument on how a random attacker HATES their victim. In your mind it goes something like this "See that random person over there. I HATE him, so I'm going to punch him."

Rather easy actually.
    "Hey see that random (black, white, gay, whatever) guy over there!"
    "I HATE (black, white, gay, whatever) him because he's (black, white, gay, whatever)!"
    "So I'm going to punch him!"

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by MrPlow

I'd really love to see you piece together an actual argument on how a random attacker HATES their victim. In your mind it goes something like this "See that random person over there. I HATE him, so I'm going to punch him."

Rather easy actually.
    "Hey see that random (black, white, gay, whatever) guy over there!"
    "I HATE (black, white, gay, whatever) him because he's (black, white, gay, whatever)!"
    "So I'm going to punch him!"

yes, THAT would be a hate crime. But the man stated "aren't ALL crimes hate crimes" and that all perpetrators "hate" their victims.

In this incident, it is a hate crime because he targeted and assaulted a person based on his race.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
it's definitely a hate crime since he said that he was going to attack a minority. That's the bottom line. If he hadn't said that ...things would be different. Simple assault. From some of the posts on here, I don't think people understand how good white men have had it on this planet for centuries? Are you really going to whine about how bad white people have it in this world? lol That's pretty funny. Yes anyone can be a racist but the white race has left a huge trail of misery and destruction that the world hasn't fully recovered from yet. Read your history. No need to feel guilty but come one. We only let women start voting a few decades ago...we only had civil rights for minorities...a couple of decades ago...and that's just in America. Also do some quick google searching and find out about all the borders in the middle east and Africa and see how they were formed...not from the people actually living there. Then let's talk about all the native Americans us privileged white people killed in America and all the injustices we've perpetrated on every other minority and then let's talk about the holocaust and on and on and on...and if you're really honest, you'll see the need and justification behind hate crime laws and you'll see that whining about being white is pretty pathetic. Did I really see someone ask what about hate crimes against white people? lol Sorry ...just had to rant. When you target a minority or a group...any member of a specific group... and say your going to do it...you have to be prepared to pay the consequences.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I really don't comprehend the law makers! As I see it all violent crimes are do to hate!
To see it any other way is a crime against common sense and decency!
I believe we have fallen from the moral standards once taught to our progeny!
This is the result! I expect it will only get worse and worse!
We will eventually see an end to ethical treatment, especially
when the world gets more desperate!
At one time I saw life as a precious commodity till we polluted it with
irrational opinions, hypocrisy and relaxed accountability defined
by status!
Whether this will change is highly unlikely but there is one thing
that is for sure in life. It's end! I just hope there is justice in
the ethereal plane! One that no lawyer can plea-bargain or
get off on any technicality! Just pure justice based on our actions
and remorse!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All these racist threads detailing colour against colour, I really think the media and government are trolling you all till you all reach tipping point..
edit on 27/12/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join