It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is A War For Your Mind

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'm wondering if they actually teach the tecnique of "quoting" segments, and replying angrily over and over and over again in some handbook?

Not very many posters do this.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

If you would apply logic and reasoning for a moment, you would see that your theory fails

What theory? I have presented no theory here.

considering the information and content that I have contributed to this forum, as well as the fact that this thread is mine...

What in the name of Miley Cyrus's teddy bear collection are you on about?

Why would I make a thread warning people about these agents of ignorance if I was one of them?

I don't know. Maybe because TPTB want people to find the whole idea of shills on ATS really, really silly?

I can also see you are being willfully obtuse, and feigning ignorance that you have no idea what I am talking about.. I am not fooled...

Bah! Foiled again... All right, I confess it. I'm really an agent for these guys

edit on 29/12/13 by Astyanax because: I didn't go down to the woods today.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Just ignore him...he'll go away eventually.

Nothing you say to him will matter, because he's in his own little world where his babbling is witty and intelligent rather than annoying and useless.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I have nothing to prove here.

You have to prove that the allegations you are making are true. You have presented no evidence at all to support them — just so much stereotyping and straw-man-weaving.

Of course, I understand that asking for evidence is a typical TPTB shill/agent-of-ignorance thing to do...

t appears to me that anyone who seeks people out and is aggressively targeting them for an argument, seems to be somebody who clearly has something to prove, a chip on their shoulder, or an agenda. So which one is it for you?

Oh, it's the usual story. I was working in the Friendliness Enhancement Department of the Anglican Girls' Friendly Society when I got caught in a compromising situation with a photocopier and two consenting water coolers. The photocopier was actually over 16 but she lied about her age and the water coolers backed her up. Of course the Friendly Girls didn't want to have anything to do with me after that and with a photophilia charge on my résumé there was no way anyone else was going to hire me. My drinking accelerated out of control and I began shooting novocaine directly into my scrotum using a reversed stomach-pump.

Then a fat man in a Hawaiian shirt met me at the beach bar where I had gone to drown my sorrows in K-Y jelly. He offered me this job. The American accent should have tipped me off to the fact that he was really working for the North Koreans, but he knew all the words to 'Lawyers, Guns and Money' by Warren Zevon, and that lulled my suspicions. Anyway, I signed on, and before I knew it I had been uploaded into a highly modified Sega Game Boy. My body was, I believe, properly detoxified and recycled for use by a leading Illuminatus.

Meanwhile, my uploaded personality was assigned to the Wannabe Mason Harassment Division at TPTB HQ in Pyongyang (the real secret the North Koreans are hiding). You are my first target, so I haven't really honed my shill skills properly yet. You don't mind if I practise on you a bit, do you? After all, it is for the Dear Leaders' sake.

edit on 29/12/13 by Astyanax because: of much.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I'm wondering if they actually teach the tecnique of "quoting" segments, and replying angrily over and over and over again in some handbook?

Oh, yes, they teach all kinds of techniques at Kim Jong Il Shill School in Pyongyang. This is one of the simpler ones, really. It doesn't work so well, though, because following the exchange is tedious for the shee... members.

reply to post by TwoTonTommy

Oh, and for Astayanax, quoting Mao won't go very far with people like me. Democracy may not be perfect, but its a lot better than what Mao did, or Stalin, or Lenin... I've read too much history to want to listen to any of those mass-murderers.

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Never be said I let fanmail go unanswered.

So where do you seek the truth, then, if not from facts? From reputations?

reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Just ignore him...he'll go away eventually.

I am the only thing keeping this thread alive, Batman.

edit on 29/12/13 by Astyanax because: of economics.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Happy1

Not very many posters do this.

Happy1, its part of "in context response". Its required to deal with multiple issues and multiple personas. So, you new to the internet ?

---------------------------------------
NullVoid is a paid shills, she still hasnt been paid yet for the term contract (ending soon!), for the unit that handle her payment and performance, please make deposit to the following BitCoin ASAP. Thanks.

1XPrp8supYH8NWEFxCYqZmBVzUV7zF3Vi

Logical fallacies are rampant in this thread, seems the shills are playing risky business here. Stay away shills!!! (pointing carrots to everybody)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
On topic:

Do those who believe that an attempt is being made to control people's minds on ATS, or at least to divert attention from the truth regarding issues debated here, wish to see certain posts censored, the expression of certain points of view prohibited, and members who insist on breaking these rules banned?

No censoring should be allowed except for really off topic - adverts, curses. Sadly ATS dont do this. Members should censor members - self censoring.

Does anyone feel that some members are exerting de facto censorship over others by spamming their threads, ridiculing them, asking impossible-to-answer questions or making them look foolish or unbalanced? And if this is so, what, if anything, should be done about it?

Nothing. People will learn to avoid that account.

The best way is to let it run like newsgroups - post in correct thread, no ads, no repeating, no illlegal stuff - drug etc....it should be ok. Current ATS censoring pretty much strict and can be easily manipulated.

Hey hey, remember BitCoin deposit if you like my post: 1XPrp8supYH8NWEFxCYqZmBVzUV7zF3Vi

edit on 29-12-2013 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Astyanax
So you only suspect that there may be paid spies, disinformation agents and the like posting here. Can you give some examples (made-up ones will do) of the kind of posting that leads you to suspect the author is being paid to post on ATS?

I don't think myself, the author of this thread, or anybody that agrees with the opening post needs to justify themselves to you. The opening post resonates with many readers for one reason or another and you should ask yourself why this happens to be the case.

Maybe there is a deeper underlying message in the opening post that you have failed to grasp, or perhaps it's that "mind firmly closed" perspective that needs to be adjusted for you to connect with the ideas presented in this thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I don't think myself, the author of this thread, or anybody that agrees with the opening post needs to justify themselves to you.

Justify yourself? Kindly don't talk rubbish. I am simply asking you to provide some examples of what you mean.

The opening post resonates with many readers for one reason or another and you should ask yourself why this happens to be the case.

So I'm supposed to ask myself, but not ask them? Why not?

Are you afraid I'll cause them to have nervous breakdowns and shoot up their local Burger King?

Maybe there is a deeper underlying message in the opening post that you have failed to grasp, or perhaps it's that "mind firmly closed" perspective that needs to be adjusted for you to connect with the ideas presented in this thread.

I should see a doctor about that irony deficiency if I were you.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I am simply asking you to provide some examples of what you mean.

Examples have been given over and over again in this thread. What is not to understand? Why can't you grasp the examples? Move on already if you can't relate to the thread. Others can and you have hijacked the thread and made it into a war between you and the OP. Other's have tried to get in the middle and give examples as well. You are definitely closed minded as your avatar states.

Is it your point to show how one hijacks a thread. You did it. YAY!

I was under the impression when this thread first started that the OP was being a little paranoid. The longer you hung around the more I questioned whether I was being naive.

Your influence in this thread indeed makes me think the OP is onto something and not paranoid at all.

Are you afraid I'll cause them to have nervous breakdowns and shoot up their local Burger King?

OMG... lol... ^^^^ Seriously?!?

edit on 29-12-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Examples have been given over and over again in this thread. What is not to understand?

Quite a lot. My reply was to this statement by Dark Ghost:

Dark Ghost
It is more to do with recognising a pattern in the way they argue, detract from a topic, or attack the messenger. Those that are skilled at their task are subtle, cunning and deceptive. It is not an easy task to prove that their motives for posting on ATS are counter-productive to the site's motto of denying ignorance.

As a guide to recognising propagandists and provocateurs, I'd say this leaves something to be desired. Are they the only ones that behave like this? Or is it that they behave like this more than anyone else? Then how can we be sure who is a shill, and who isn't?

I have the same problem with the 'examples' provided by Veritas Aequitas in the OP:

Veritas Aequitas
These kind of people tend to be more oriented towards ridicule, name-calling, demonizing, perpetrators of ad hominem attacks, and feigned ignorance so as to promote the current paradigm of ignorance. These suspects also give the air of authority as if they are more knowledgeable on every other subject than you are by referring you back to the propaganda of the Machine.

Again, this simply describes an arrogant and ill-mannered forum participant who doesn't believe in conspiracy theories (such as, you are doubtless reflecting, the author of this post
). Do all shills and Slaves of the Machine behave like this? If they're as good at their work as you believe they are — and you do believe they rule the world, or at least dominate public discourse, right? — would they really behave as crudely as this? Don't you think they'd be a bit more subtle? The art of persuasion is old and highly refined; the Serpent didn't bully Eve into eating that apple, you know.

You have hijacked the thread and made it into a war between you and the OP.

Apart from furnishing (because he asked for them) a few examples of the OP's use of the very same techniques he ascribed to his putative shills and brainwashees, I have not criticised, belittled or even contradicted him. I think your accusation is unjust.

Other's have tried to get in the middle and give examples as well. You are definitely closed minded as your avatar states.

If my mind is closed, how come I'm the only person on this thread asking questions?

Is it your point to show how one hijacks a thread. You did it. YAY!

Another unjust accusation. I have not hijacked the thread. It haven't derailed it; I have never gone off topic. I have not used it as a platform to promote my own views, or further anybody's agenda.

As intelligenthoodlum33 intelligently pointed out, no-one has to reply to my posts; if they don't, perhaps I will go away as he or she thinks I will. It is all of you, not I, who have made me and my inquiry the focus of this thread. Why don't you just ignore me and discuss the topic amongst yourselves?

But you won't, will you? Because there's really nothing to discuss — not until someone starts talking concrete examples, how to defend oneself, courses of action, and so forth. In other words, the kind of things I'm asking about.

As I said to the hoodlum, I'm the only thing keeping this thread alive.

I was under the impression when this thread first started that the OP was being a little paranoid. The longer you hung around the more I questioned whether I was being naive.

Your influence in this thread indeed makes me think the OP is onto something and not paranoid at all.

Are you saying I'm an Agent of Ignorance? Aww, Mama, you do say the cutest things...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I do believe, in my post, that I stated that I had "pondered" some of the things that I experienced as a moderator of a site that included political discourse including conspiracy theory. I've pondered it for about 10 years now so if I'm not asking any questions on this thread, it's not because I don't have any. It's because I know that I would not get an answer to any of those questions from any party on this forum. There is such a thing as just ignoring pointlessness. If it seems like I'm not asking enough questions, then perhaps you should consider that maybe at one time, I was like you and didn't even think that such things could exist. Now I know better.

I've seen firsthand evidence that 1. former intelligence agents may end up doing work, volunteer or paid--I do not know, on sites like these and 2. that some posters are, in fact, paid to read/post whether by government or wealthy aristocrat with an underlying interest. I also remarked that not all debunkers are, in fact, paid shills as they would simply represent the polar opposite of ideologies and belief systems as is fairly typical with human diversity. Put them together, based on my experience, there was only a very, very small handful of actual curiosities among the member base of the board I once moderated as in 3 out of hundreds of posters. One of the questions that I would ask would be whether that number of curiosities has increased over the past 10 years as I'm not in any position to ascertain that answer. Nor can any other on this thread for the same reasons--we lack access to those things that could turn suspicion into evidence and if any can on here, they may not be able to answer that question. See? Pointless to ask.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

An authoritative, balanced and coolheaded post. My compliments on it, and a star.

If I have understood you correctly, you are saying that — in your experience — paid-to-post participants are present in some internet forums, attempting to propagate their paymasters' views and sway public opinion; but that, in your opinion, they are very few in number and would be very hard to identify.

I dispute none of this. Knowing what I do about the communications industry, it is just what I should expect.

Others here would disagree with you, however. They seem to think the bad guys are quite numerous, and can be identified by the content of their posts, or their (lack of) forum etiquette.

I am not convinced of this. There is another scenario that, to my mind, better explains the perceptions and concerns of the OP and those who agree with him. The questions I have asked on this thread were designed to falsify that scenario by providing evidence that the OP's point of view is indeed the correct one. No evidence has been forthcoming thus far, but I have not given up hope.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just dropping by with my morning cup.

... WHAT A THREAD! (holy macaroni, crapped my pants reading)

Totally offtopic, but

You cant explain that
edit on 29-12-2013 by menneni because: lé edition quatre20

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This post self withdrawed.
Sorry
edit on 30-12-2013 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The 'theory' that I'm actually a shill..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Wow that is ridiculous... Every single one of your examples was taken out of such context, I wonder if you did that on purpose?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Some how, I have been marked on this website, its not a hitch, I noticed it. Probably because of what I mentioned being too sensitive ?. All that I mentioned are from my personal belief and I'm being marked as a potential. Being eyed by TPTB agent is not really what I want or need. The honey pot website theory is correct.

So good bye everyone and keep fighting!
The truth always win, no matter what you do, so choose your side wisely.
Bye

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The 'theory' that I'm actually a shill.

I presented no such theory. I just showed you that the posting behaviour by which you claim to be able to identify shills is displayed by most members at some time or other, yourself included.

Every single one of your examples was taken out of such context.

To quote out of context is to quote a snippet of text from a longer passage in such a way as to make it seem to have a meaning different from that intended by its original author. Can you show me how I did that in any of the examples I cited? I don't think you can, but please don't let me stop you from trying.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You had me until the supernatural was mentioned. The spiritual/belief component of being an objective observer deletes the ability to remove those rose-colored glasses and take apart a conspiracy. Can't put faith into the equation if you want to assess a situation without bias.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wasn't going to comment, but since I am approaching fifty I will impart some vital wisdom.

The whole society has these same issues. The issues of who has the power regardless of whether they are right or wrong, exists in all families and neighborhoods. Friends don't usually have this issue because you can drop them quickly or choose who you have as a friend.

Some people are just plain natural A-words. It comes easily and naturally to them. These people can make everyone around them exit the room, or situation. Their behavior is who they are, people tend to tell you who they are quickly believe them. They don't change.

They don't even have to work at it, they are just manipulative power grabbers. These people get off, get high on making you and me miserable. The freedom comes from deciding not to care about them, what they think about you, or what they say. Then they lose their power.

Always trust your own intuition. Always. To live in peace you need to step back from the chaos of others.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join