It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Speculation - Was a shot fired?

Why did the tape that was talked about in SkyCrash include these more aggressive elements? Why did the Halt one not?

Hello ctj,

The official stories say that all weapons were handed in before going off base. But there are a number of stories that confirm the USAF guys kept their handguns with them and some even confirm they were armed with M16s

In the CNN Special Assignments Bentwaters UFO (Chuck De Caro Report) ....Airman Greg confirms it at around 9:09 into the video. (This is also a better quality video than the one that has been posted here previously)

Lt. Bonnie Tamplin was also rumoured to have lost a loaded weapon when she encountered blue lights off base on the mysterious interim night of 26th/27th Dec 1980.

Technically US troops would be forbid from taking weapons off base into UK territory unless there was a specific crisis requiring an armed response from NATO forces.

I would guess that there were at least some loaded weapons carried out into the forest. However because this was potentially a 'political incident' I suspect this element has been played down and removed from the narrative once the story became more mainstream. Neither UK or US governments would want this apparent breach of the Status of Forces Agreement leaking out even years later.

Were any weapons fired? That's a lot more speculative.

edit on 10/6/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

In SkyCrash we are told it was a downed satellite whose orbit was interfered with. APEN said it was a downed Soviet Satellite - a 'brown bear'

The problem we have with some type of craft is simple.

If one really existed and landed in the forest. Where did it go before the police and airmen arrived at the landing site around 10:30am on Boxing Day? And how did it come back or what else happened two nights later.

ETA

The SNAP-10A above looks to me like there are more than 3 supporting legs. I would say it had 4 in that pic

edit on 10/6/16 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Marylongstockings

"Control element around" ?

If by that you mean someone who views everything associated with Jim Penniston's perpetually evolving story as pure nonsense, then your statement would at least apply to me, if not various others.

For the record, it's not unusual for someone who has experienced something (they view as) "dramatic" to have their minds go "off the rails"; in fact that's nearly universally common.

Then tack on possible drugs and hypnosis...makes me feel sorry for the guy.

So I'm not personally attacking JP in any way...But if for whatever reason, someone's perpetually evolving story over multiple decades has never made any sense...well that's just how it is.

Of course with enough turd polishing, almost any turd can be made to look, if not smell better.

Kev
edit on 10-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Typo

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Marylongstockings

HI Mary/Tracy (which do you prefer?)

Do you know which radio show and when it's on?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hi,

I had not noticed this before, until a few days ago.

There are two videos.

In one Jim says it was a silver craft

The other video Jim says the craft was black??

I find this really strange?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi MM,

I will check as I believe it was postponed and will
be later this month. But I will check for sure.

I guess I prefer Tracy

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marylongstockings
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I only know it as 13 pages, in writing to me

Otherwise the formal web site stated 13 pages.

There has been confusion re this aspect as there
has never been anything truly clear.

I do have a copy of the formal web site and Gary was told
re this, it was changed to 16 as it had been announced it was 16 pages.

The Joiner show is quite another matter however.
OK so Jim told you 13 pages, I have no reason to doubt that. Jim Told Angela Joiner 14 pages. The link Mirageman posted not only says there are 16 pages, it has photos of 16 pages, so if there's only 13 or 14 which 2 or 3 pages are not genuine?

Or are the pages like the pet rabbits I used to have as a kid, I was told we had to keep the boy rabbit and girl rabbit in separate cages or we'd end up with more rabbits. Maybe Jim needs to keep those pages separate because it seems like they are multiplying.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I am sorry but I really had to laugh re the rabbits.

If we go from page 13 to 16, those three pages.

Eyes of your Eyes, etc.

The formal web site, I do have a copy of, that said 13 pages
But it was at a time when they formally announced 16.

One can suffer severe dizzy spells re the pages. It should
come with a health warning.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What do you (and everyone else) make of Jim's response posted here (via Gary) : www.abovetopsecret.com....

Jim accuses people of bringing up trivial situations subject to human errors. Then he goes on to address a totally trivial part of the story of his notebook.....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I know I scratched my head after reading that response.

It did not make sense at all.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

What do you (and everyone else) make of Jim's response posted here (via Gary) : www.abovetopsecret.com....

Jim accuses people of bringing up trivial situations subject to human errors. Then he goes on to address a totally trivial part of the story of his notebook.....
Give me the names of the producers who thought time travelers sending Jim a message from the year 8100 for "planetary advan"(ce?) wasn't an interesting enough part of the story to include in their documentaries, because without those names it sounds highly implausible they wouldn't find that interesting enough to include. I'd like to hear them personally confirm what Jim says. That's assuming of course that Jim knew what the codes said before they were translated, as he told Angela Joiner, a few minutes after he told her he thought they were gibberish and had no idea what they said...ok forget the names of the producers, he's obviously making this up as he goes along and he's not very good at it because he contradicted himself a few minutes apart in the same interview, which is more of a symptom of lying than of memory failure.

So I don't believe the codes are from any time travelers, but assuming for the sake of discussion that they were, it seems like they went through an awful lot of trouble to send a message about planetary advance that far back in time only for Jim to not know how many pages were in the message, and it's not like we are talking 1124 versus 1125 pages where one could lose count, who can't easily count 13, 14, or 16 pages? This doesn't sound like such a trivial message with humanity's planetary advance at stake.

edit on 2016610 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Excellent point.

The fact a person can't keep up with whether he has 13, 14, or 16 pages of binary code delivered via a dream from a time traveler (or something like that depending on which source you read/listen to) that is of ultra importance for the preservation (or annihilation) of the human race causes me grave concern over said preservation (the annihilation won't matter will it?
) and begs a question or 3,000 about the veracity of the time cruiser if not the present time plane messenger...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
From the formal web site.

It was at the time when it had been announced it was 16 pages.

I was browsing through the web site and saw it. Told Gary who did not
believe me at first, he went to look, said I was correct.
He must of alerted them as it was changed to what we see today 16 pages.

So the pattern is as far as am aware.

I knew it as 13 pages via Jim
AJ report 14 pages
The formal web site 13 pages
Changed to 16 pages.

I am getting confused with all this too. Pages 14, 15, 16
went to Joe many months later for working on, in fact
almost a year later.
See here re Joe.

In April 2012, Jim sent me photographic images of pages 14-16 of his notebook containing the final part of the RFI binary message. This final part of the RFI binary helped me confirm the contents of pages 1-5 and clarify my interpretation of the beginning part of the message

www.binarydecoder.info...

lost-origins.com...

www.binarydecoder.info...

Also to note, as Gary has explained, all of this according to him
would not matter, he has reasoned already on this ATS as to
why this is.

I am not so sure others are accepting of that explanation though.

As a side note. As said on an earlier post. I do have written email
correspondence to Col.Halt which demonstrates that I had
written to him about what I saw. That was Jim and more binary
codes, but those were via dreaming. Much like the 23.5 dream.
The correspondence was July 2011.

Clearly there is much more to the situation. Much the same
as the two videos I posted earlier. In the one video Jim describes
the craft as silver, in the second video Jim describes the craft
as black.

edit on 11-6-2016 by Marylongstockings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Update on the binary coordinates:

A while back in this threat it turned out Jim took 3 of his coordinates from sacred-destinations.com. A perfect match.

But there’s more: Jim took five coordinates from sacred-destinations.com.

The Nazca lines also match but with a small error in the second decimal of the longitude, a 6 (00110110) instead of a 3 (00110011).

The coordinates of the Great Pyramid are not on the current sacred-destinations.com site, but they were on that site back in 2010.
Again, a perfect match.

Here are the links to the pages of sacred-destinations.com with the coordinates as they were in March 2010:

Caracol, Belize
Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt
Nazca Lines in Peru
Tai Shan, China
Naxos Portara, Greece

Link to Jim’s coordinates

Since the fifth decimal of a coordinate covers an area of about 1 meter, and the sixth decimal covers an area of just 10 cm, the probability that these five sets of coordinates all match within 1 meter by coincidence is

1 : 100000000000000000000

In other words the probability that Jim lifted these coordinates from sacred-destinations.com back in 2010 is

99.99999999999999999999 %

We'll make that 100% considering they all came from the same website ...

edit on 11-6-2016 by Guest101 because: Clarified resolution of fifth and sixth decimal

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20838512]Guest101

In other words the probability that Jim lifted these coordinates from sacred-destinations.com back in 2010 is

Hi 101.
If we go by your findings. Would Jim have done this with planned deliberate intent,
alone or not alone. He may of lifted these via another method.

If anyone looks carefully at the dream situation, which could be something else at
play in reality. Then is there a possible there is something else in action here?

I mention this as I do know according to Jim, both men were suffering
what he called "instructing " dreams.

Jim could have lifted them via instructions, consciously or unconsciously. The method
to be determined.

I throw this in for consideration.

Otherwise its compelling information.

I do not know how Jim will explain all of this?

edit on 11-6-2016 by Marylongstockings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

A while back in this threat..........

Woah! no one's threatening anyone here......

Anyway - I wonder is Penniston acting as a lone 'code' man or was there some one else behind the scenes feeding this information to him to take the RFI case off course?

Occam's Razor points to the simple explanation that someone (if not Jim) lifted the co-ordinates from the website mentioned (or perhaps a book or magazine?). But it is so simple it is like something a 10 year old would do. It's all a little too obvious and easy to discredit.

But we must consider Penniston's apparent memory issues. Penniston shows signs of confidence and great clarity years after the incident of what happened to him. Whilst this is completely different to what the people with him recall. On Angelia Joiner's show he shows signs of rapid short term memory loss. The pages of binary codes leapt from 13 to 16 (yet another late expansion to the story) are another sign of memory problems. Or he's just not a very good liar!

Not only that as you point out Jim rapidly dipped out of the old Rendlesham Forum (archived here) when the questions about why his story differed so much from other witness accounts got too hard.

Jim Penniston is the sole source of this information of binary and ASCII, Hy Brasil, and ancient Egyptian links to the RFI.

So is the man suffering from memory disorders that are impairing his perception of reality? Is he being affected by medication he's taking or taken in the past? Or is this all a fantasy dreamed up? Jim making himself the Modern Messiah, bringing a message to mankind on Christmas day. Delivered with ZX81 technology of the time from the gods of our future?

Penniston's ever changing tale would surely not stand up in a court of law?

If he doesn't realize that himself then perhaps he's delusional?

That, or, he's poisoning the RFI case for his own motives.

ETA :

There is also an interesting interview from 1996 (or before) with Jim Penniston by Sally Rayl for Omni Magazine.

What Happened at Bentwaters?

Here Penniston says :

......While I was talking with Chandler, the security controller was making contact with Bentwaters Control Tower, and they, in turn, were in contact with Heathrow Airport's Control Tower in London and RAF Brawdsey Eastern Radar in East Anglia. I was told they reported a bogie about three miles out from Bentwaters but had lost contact with it 15 minutes previously. The confirmation that triangulated the radar sighting was RAF Brawdsey. It had been over Woodbridge, they told me, when it dropped from radar imaging......

The radar story rears it's head again Heathrow Tower and RAF Bawdsey apparently confirming a bogey!

....As I was taking notes, I also memorized what was in front of me for what seemed like hours, but was in fact only minutes. Finally, I unleashed my camera-case cover and brought the camera up to focus. The air was electric. It made my hair and skin feel as if I were surrounded by static electricity or some type of energy. I began snapping photo after photo. It was still eerily quiet.....

....There was no physical contact with any kind of life form, but there did seem to be a life presence. It was mechanical, this ship, and it seemed to be under intelligent control. "The next thing I knew, I was standing about 20 feet away from the craft with Burroughs, who I thought I had left back near the tree line. The craft moved up off the ground, about three feet, still with absolutely no sound

Now if you see something like this in the forest wouldn't you call it in immediately?

Apparently not.

......."When we arrived at CSC [Bentwaters Center for Security Control], we ran into Sgt. Chandler and two or three other security people. They had had negative contact with us for almost three hours, and they had been concerned. I remember saying to Sgt. Chandler, `You're not going to believe tonight.' He said, `Yeah? If it has anything to do with what I saw a little while ago, I would believe you.'

"Airman Burroughs and I were then instructed to report to the shift commander's office. The assistant operations officer was there to debrief us. As we stood at attention in his office, he spoke to us in a very steady, calm voice. He said, `Can you gentlemen explain to me what happened out there tonight?' So we explained, very briefly. We didn't tell him any specifics about the symbols or the design of the craft.

"After a very long pause, and very calmly, while he was tapping his pencil on the table, he said, `Gentlemen, what you say you experienced tonight is no longer able to be reported through Air Force channels.'.............. Then he said, `Some things are best left
unsaid.' He asked us to keep quiet about it, to forget it happened.

It would be interesting to hear John Burroughs take on this debriefing.

edit on 11/6/16 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

A while back in this threat..........

Woah! no one's threatening anyone here......

Maybe I was instructed in a dream to use that word …

(To my defence: I’m not a native speaker so just like Jim I’ll always have an explanation for my errors…

originally posted by: Maryongstockings

I do not know how Jim will explain all of this?

Though I’m not getting instructions from any time travellers I’ll make a prediction anyway, Mary:

I think Jim will tell his inner circle that it was ‘designed’ this way to keep the people without the need to know at a distance.
It’s an age old tactic …

For the rest he will only appear on events that are friendly to him and do not dare to ask a single probing question.
If a tough question comes up anyway, he will relay it to Gary (like he always did with John).
Sometimes he’ll find himself alone with someone who does probe one inch below the surface. Then he’ll immediately start to break up, like he did with AJ.

John is another problem, but Jim is already taking care of that by suggesting John is owned by the government now.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hi 101

Jim has told publicly that it was his belief that everything was by design
so he made this statement publicly as well as the inner circle

As far as John and government go. This seems to have escalated since
John recently mentioned some findings on the notebook and no stones
will be left unturned. Jim has been going at this government thing before
though , but it seems to have escalated since the notebook stuff by John and
the Sally Rayle letter John put out.

John is now going to be on a radio show because of the recent accusations.

So, I guess its all fun in paradise

As far as your "other" assessment's go, I would say they are fair.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

All that remains is why?

I don't believe for a second that this was hypnoticly programmed decades before but I can see this being the explanation offered.

Which leaves:
- Personal reasons for gain
- Personal reasons to pervert or hide a part of the RFI
- A handler (to divert or disrupt)

Isn't it odd that Jim has accused John being bought off by the CIA?

Personally, I originally found Jim both likeable and very credible and love to have him explain all of this in a calm, logical way. I believe that it is incontrovertible that the coordinates are from Sacred Sites.

Therefore, regardless of how Jim got these codes, when he got them was not when he claimed. It was decades later and no amount of avoiding the topic or misdirecting or focussing on the "why" can change this chronological problem.
edit on 11-6-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A downed satellite would look like this..
Downed space junk

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join