It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

And now, time for something completely different...

Whilst going over my research, I've come up against a number of puzzles and unknowns that likely don't concern the RFI. Possibly one does?

Hopefully, readers will allow me this small indulgence and maybe chip in to answer some of them?

1) considering we know the size and depth of the tripod marks (assuming they are real) and we know the approx temperature, plus triangle size, why hasn't someone tied to work out the approximate weight of Penniston's craft?

2) why were both cobra mist and the duga / woodpecker considered failures. Why were both very near nuclear power plants?

3) had the USSR ever overflown the twin airbases or overflown them?

4) What was the nature of the new nuclear detonators being developed and tested at shingle street in the 1950s?

5) is there any connection between the twin bases, the RFI and nuclear waste reprocessing?

6) Is there a connection with Greenham Common. Does the RFI involve CND?
edit on 21-5-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

If Penniston is writing a book then I want him to write a 20 volume special in binary code. Just so our future selves know what he is on about.

Even though I remember in 1980 that many PCs, 'Hexadecimal' was used to program in machine code not binary.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

1) considering we know the size and depth of the tripod marks (assuming they are real) and we know the approx temperature, plus triangle size, why hasn't someone tied to work out the approximate weight of Penniston's craft?

I think somewhere someone did make an estimate of the weight. But the markings were not in reality as distinct as the descriptions of a circular impression like a military issue coffee can.

2) why were both cobra mist and the duga / woodpecker considered failures. Why were both very near nuclear power plants?

From what I can gather Cobra Mist was cancelled in 1973 due to a permanent noise signal that could not be eliminated and was severely reducing the effectiveness of the radar.

3) had the USSR ever overflown the twin airbases or overflown them?

In an era of spy satellites then it would have been extremely risky and provocative for the Soviets to have strayed into NATO airspace in 1980. Look what happened recently wth the Turks claiming an intrusion.

4) What was the nature of the new nuclear detonators being developed and tested at shingle street in the 1950s?

Pass on that one. Although there is a story about Shingle Street during WWII.

5) is there any connection between the twin bases, the RFI and nuclear waste reprocessing?

I don't think so but Sizewell nuclear plant is not too far away.

6) Is there a connection with Greenham Common. Does the RFI involve CND?

Almost certainly not. Remember that the 'nukes' kept at Bentwaters were not known to exist at the time to the public. Plus the plans to deploy US nuclear Pershing and Cruise missiles in Britain did not become public until the following year - 1981. The missiles themselves did not arrive until late in 1983.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I thought someone had done an estimate as well but on page 27 of Encounter Halt is quoted as saying it must have weighed "several tons".
I think that one stuck.
Its been repeated ad nauseum by others but is only a guess based on the fact the ground was frozen solid.
I'm afraid you'll have to take his word for it unless someone can find another reference?

Not sure about your other questions ctj83 but the projects being a " failure" may just have been an excuse for something to go black.
Unless, of course, they failed to produce the required result but accidentally produced something else?

Non lethal weapons tests did spring to mind. Even though the nukes were secret, they might've been getting prepared in case somebody was likely to go public, which would also explain the need for a cover story.

I asked about this before in relation to Warrens claim that he'd seen a cloudbuster there.
If they were testing something along non lethal lines then maybe they got their brains scrambled a bit in the woods.
This doesn't explain the other witnesses who were not nearby, nor does it explain why they all had similar stories(!).

edit on 21-5-2016 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

Any genuine machine language would have included a cyclic redundancy check / checksum to check for single bit errors. Even primitive humans do that.

Kev

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

If Penniston is writing a book then I want him to write a 20 volume special in binary code. Just so our future selves know what he is on about.

Unfortunately he can only write a book on the first night and wasn’t there on the ‘big night’. Maybe he wants his night to be ‘big’, too?
Hopefully our future selves still have access to an ASCII table. It is already being replaced by Unicode...

Even though I remember in 1980 that many PCs, 'Hexadecimal' was used to program in machine code not binary.

Yes, exactly. This is because binary numbers are unreadable for a human.

4 bits of binary give 2x2x2x2 = 16 possible values (0 … 15).
For human readability, these four bits are condensed into one value that runs from 0 to 15.
The problems is, we do not have a single character that symbolizes the numbers 10 to 15. So A ... F are used for values 10 ... 15.

One hexadecimal digit can have 16 values: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F
It represents a chunk of 4 bits, which can also have exactly 16 values (2x2x2x2)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

By stable what I really mean is, his story has been picked apart for years. The problems with it are evident, but there is nothing concrete to pull apart.

Maybe concrete maybe not? Let's get ready to crumble.

In other RFI news the Daily Mirror had an online story on Thursday :

Ex-cop claims aliens in famed British UFO encounter were 'interested in secret stash of nuclear weapons'

The revelations..........Gary Heseltine.............claims the deputy base commander, Colonel Charles Halt, told him the Suffolk airbase had the largest arsenal of nuclear weapons in Europe.

....The most controversial aspect of the incident are reports the UFO fired beams of light into the 'weapons storage area' - a term used by the military for nuclear bunkers.

Retired detective Gary claims Col Halt told him that RAF Bentwaters had "more nuclear missiles in the weapons storage area (WSA) than anywhere else in Europe".

He says the high-ranking USAF official made the shocking admission as they toured the base and Rendlesham Forest for a documentary, which was never made............

However Col Halt told Mirror.co.uk​​​​​​​​: "My comment to Gary was, 'It appears the beam was in or near the weapons storage area'.

"Keep in mind I was a mile or more away. I never made such a statement about weapons to Gary. Those are his conclusions.........If the USAF base did indeed have nukes it could have contravened UK/US armament treaty obligations of the day.

In December 1980, the base was on high alert as Soviet troops were massing on the border of Poland ....

He added: "This information now provides for the first time a genuine motive as to why UFOs turn up at the bases in late December 1980 at a time of world crisis and clearly implies to me that a huge cache of illegal nuclear weapons posed a potential destabilising threat to the Earth."

Source : Daily Mirror

edit on 22/5/16 by mirageman because:
fixed link

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

When was the binary code mentioned or released for the first time?

I'm thinking more in the direction that somebody got inspired by NFC (near field communication) and applied some of it's concepts in the mix.

It's not the first time I see concepts of the newest tech appear in UFOlogy, even though sometimes they are getting it wrong.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Any genuine machine language would have included a cyclic redundancy check / checksum to check for single bit errors. Even primitive humans do that.

Kev

Yes! Only he didn't seem to think of that ...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Is my favorite topic when it comes to "UFOs" foreshadowing technology.

Earlier examples exist as well...back to the middle ages.

WWII, nukes, etc. Don't necessarily have anything to do with UFOs at all.

Kev

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Maybe concrete maybe not? Let's get ready to crumble.

Interesting link, thanks!

It doesn’t surprise me though.

What does surprise me is the way Bustinza’s story has changed over the years. The story he recently told on Phenomenon radio is completely different from the story he told Larry Fawcett and Ray Boeche just a few years after the incident. I wonder where that came from.

It seems that the real story moves closer and closer to the summary Halt gave in his memo. Of course the events Halt witnessed are remarkable enough, too bad they got confused so badly over the years by people who value public attention higher than the truth.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The binary code was first announced 30 years to the date at the Woodbridge Conference in 2010.

Re-live it all here and see if you can make out who to believe and what to believe.

However Jim Penniston did mention 'binary code' in hypnosis sessions in late 1994.

BInary is far from a new concept and dates back to 1679. Back in 1980 the first console games and home computers were beginning to hit the mass market. However BASIC was used to program almost all that generation of computers (or machine code for the hardcore guys).

edit on 23/5/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Meanwhile in the Daily Star online : -

Forget Atlantis – there's a mystery island just off the coast of BRITAIN

For years researchers have been trying to determine if the phantom island of Hy’Brasil – said to be just a few miles off the east coast of Ireland – exists.........

..i.t’s alleged there were various sightings of UFOs near Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk just outside RAF Woodbridge.

The base was used at the time by the US Air Force.

Jim Penniston, a sergeant based at the air base, claims he came into contact with a triangular spaceship that had landed in the forest....

Upon touching it, he was hit with a mass of binary code burned into his mind.

He later had the code translated – with truly bizarre and spine-tingling results.

It’s claimed the translation included a cryptic message with the coordinates to some of the world’s most spiritual and supernatural locations – and, of course, Hy’Brasil.

The translation is said to have revealed the message: “Exploration of humanity. Continuous for planetary advancement.”

It was then followed by coordinates for the great pyramid of Giza in Egypt, the Nazca Lines in Peru, the Tai Shan Qu in China and the Temple of Apollo in Naxos, Greece.

The message then ended with the coordinates believed to be for Hy’Brasil – 52.0942532N 13.131269W – with the words: “Origin year 8100”.

Inputting the coordinates into Google Maps takes the user to an area of the Atlantic Ocean just to the south-west of Ireland.

Interestingly, RAF Woodbridge came back onto the news agenda this month after Gary Heseltine, a former police officer, claimed UFOs visited the site interested in a “secret” stash of nuclear weapons.

Other descriptions of Hy’Brasil have suggested it is inhabited by a highly-advanced culture who move objects using music.

Full story : Daily Star

Another little nugget linked loosely to the RFI that I missed when I first saw this story..............

Britain’s biggest ever gold nugget 'worth £50,000' discovered near treasure-laden shipwreck in Wales

Vincent Thurkettle discovered the 3oz (97g) nugget, which is the same size as a small chicken’s egg, on the seabed just off the coast of Anglesey in 2012. The 60-year-old gold prospector kept his find a secret for four years so he could continue to search the area for gold - only going public once he was sure there was no more there..............

Source : Telegraph UK

edit on 23/5/16 by mirageman because: Added Golden Nuggets for extra flavour

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It's not the use of binary that screams fake to me, but Rather the use of ASCII and then from that coordinates using the wrong precision depth for the majority of maps.

I think when you can Identify the map set the "aliens" used, it makes them much more mundane. It's only a small step away to see them dunking biscuits in tea, paying their gas bill and looking for book deals...

If the information is right about Larry, that is nuclear. It's also interesting how Businzas story has changed. Is he elaborating or has he been 'handled' perhaps by Larry? In the recent phenomena radio interview it did seem like Larry was reminding and coaching Bustinza with many questions m. Of course, then Larry would have a handler as well!

I've been reluctant to reveal this, but after talking with a couple of old school ufologists based in the UK, I noticed both talk about having 'handlers' who opened doors for them.

Neither seemed aware or concerned of who or what formed the control mechanism for that handler! without going into too much detail - id not necessarily assume this is a mechanism with any official capacity.

Right now, Dugdale et all are most likely to take down a significant amount of the narrative provided by Pennsiton and Warren.

They leave us with a Bustinza / Burroughs / Halt alliance.

Where does That leave the PowerPoint photo with the azure plasma and yellow most that Larry presented and Burroughs saw?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It's things like this, which is most likely a press release, marketing effort, which reduce any credibility Penniston had for me. The hidden code within the code will need to be very impressive and have some new background to make it even have the slightest chance of being believable.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I think there are only three conclusions about Jim and the binary code. He's either making it all up himself , he's part of a campaign to cover up the real truth or he's really been messed around (almost like Bennewitz.).

As for Larry, well who knows? And the photos? Again are they genuine or have they been planted into the story to keep it rolling forever on?

You may be right about handlers. I've always felt Halt has some kind of hold over Penniston. Although I don't think Burroughs is part of their alliance.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I thought someone had done an estimate as well but on page 27 of Encounter Halt is quoted as saying it must have weighed "several tons".
Mirageman posted another reference, the actual photo, and it does look like an animal scratching to me.

Its been repeated ad nauseum by others but is only a guess based on the fact the ground was frozen solid.

Also, how do you put a stick in frozen ground? You don't, or if you can then I don't know what you mean by "frozen ground", I think that's an excuse made up by people who want to make these marks seem more impressive than they are which is contradicted by the sticks in the photos.

I think somewhere someone did make an estimate of the weight. But the markings were not in reality as distinct as the descriptions of a circular impression like a military issue coffee can.

These are the photos and they are very unimpressive, and Halt's tape seems to confirm they were unimpressive.

Perhaps the best evidence the marks were unimpressive comes from Halt's tape where his comments indicate such:

Landing Marks

To get a better understanding of what these marks were like, we should start with Col. Halt’s own reaction when he saw them for the first time, as contained on his tape. They cannot have been at all obvious, for he had to ask: “Where are the impressions? Is that all the bigger they are?”
Since we have photographs of the so called "landing marks" we are not so reliant on witness statements for this particular evidence, we can see them ourselves. While we don't know exactly how soft the soil was, we know that they were able to drive a stick into the ground so it couldn't have been that hard.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I'm only repeating Halts words.
Its the only reference I've come across with regard to the "landing" site and the alleged weight of the alleged "object".
It seems as though, most at least, have never questioned the point themselves and have taken Halts words as truth.
Unless the MOD went round afterwards with some secret measuring detector.
In which case it seems that there were no other estimates made.

I think the fact that no one else seems to have bothered because no one else really believes anything landed there. Besides, without an estimate of size, density, blah blah blah it would've been a worse than useful guess.

While we're on about frozen (shaky) ground. Has anybody thought to ask Penniston why he thinks that the second set of casts are any use? The heat from the first casting going off would've altered the constituency of the soil. Even allowing for the support of the plaster, the interior surfaces would've thawed then refrozen. If he really did make them as quoted....maybe he doesn't know that plaster heats up as it sets?
They do make nice paperweights , I'm told.

I am absolutely at a loss for words as to how that wooden stake could've got into frozen ground. I have no scientific explanation for how a large group of grown men could've done that. Maybe the aliens left it in place as an enigmatic reminder?
That's me being sarcastic.
Whenever I respond to someone's question I am merely pointing towards a possible helpful answer.
I don't endorse it as solid fact or my opinion.
I don't care if its aliens, rabbits or plasma monster candyfloss.

edit on 24-5-2016 by Tulpa because: its far too early in the a.m.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Of course one can assume that nothing landed and the landing site consists of a coincidental combination of common elements like rabbit scratchings.

But this raises a question: How did they locate this coincidental combination of common elements? They wouldn’t have any clue where to look.

Did they walk around in the forest randomly? The forest is full of rabbit scratchings, holes, and other stuff. How many hours would it take to search the whole forest area up to two miles east of the East Gate (where the police were asked to investigate a landing site)?

Who ordered to waste valuable resources on such a futile search and why? Why, after what must be hours of searching, assume they have located a landing site if all they found were some rabbit scratchings in a random part of the woods? Who ordered to call the police on such a stretch of the imagination?

A more probable scenario is that they could locate a landing site because someone saw an object on that particular location. Only then it makes sense to attach value to indentations in an equidistant triangle, up to the point that radiation levels were measured and the police were called, even if these indentations look like rabbit scratchings.

In that case, one can still assume that the sighting of an object was just an illusion or an embellishment.

But what are the odds that precisely at the spot of that illusion, three indentation in an equidistant triangle are found, plus freshly broken tree branches above, plus elevated radiation levels and residual heat from scorch marks on the trees, the center of the triangle on the ground, and from the indentations?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

There's also the question of time. If Halt says they were out for four hours, there's a good chance it was getting to be daylight?
Maybe someone was posted to stand by the marks until they could be examined properly. I don't know really.
We can only really pass comment on what was reported.
Its all speculation.
The stars of the show don't seem to really know themselves which isn't particularly helpful when examining the testimony.
Even after all this time.

The forthcoming books may make all this redundant in the end.

Two things have crossed my mind.
Keep an eye out for any references to "The Nine" as seen throughout the book The Stargate Conspiracy by Lynn Picknet and Clive Prince.
If they appear in any of the new books its a big red flag for me.
Also, John B Alexander is quoted above (can't be bothered right now) but does anyone happen to know if his trip to Woodbridge was planned before or after the events?

edit on 24-5-2016 by Tulpa because: The voices made me do it

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join