It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: mirageman

Now Earth lights tend to be seen in areas with lots of tectonic stress.

Cant see it mentioned in this thread but it was said Boeing used a Glaciologist to head up the team that studied the alleged shut down of Minuteman ICBM's by a UFO...

A quick search of ATS yields this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Defragmentor
If this was NOT an experiment then how do you explain Colonel Halt's decision making in the situation he was in on the 3rd night ...

Halt himself claimed to see objects in the forest near the base, objects in the sky hovering over the base, one shooting beams of light down on his weapons storage areas and making sharp manoeuvres. He decides that walking around the forest is the only action necessary and then with the lights still in the sky and beaming down onto the base he decides to pack it all in and go back to base around 4:00 am.

No alert called on base, no fighter cover requested. Nothing.

Also why did the USAF feel they could take 20 or so men with lightalls off base and wander around Rendlesham forest without contacting the Brits? (Well Halt did but not until mid-January of 1981).

#My conclusion would be that Halt was reluctant to raise an alert because he knew what was going on and he was playing along. Or the whole incident was nowhere near as exciting or threatening as he and others make out.

Halt originally set out there to "debunk" it, so his initial thinking was probably that he could wrap it all up. However, with all the men out there and the light-alls not working, he realised it was a "public relations disaster" (hence perhaps something he didn't want to go much higher up).

You'd think that with the objects flying around and/or when the beam shone down in or near the WSA, there'd be great cause for alarm. According to Halt, the Command post was part of the problem. On a Fade to Black interview with Jimmy Church (16 December, 2014, around the 52 minute mark), Tim Egercic queried Halt in a radio interview:

Tim: We would had a 30 n' 30, if you guys remember what that was, ah y'know? We would have recalled people from the barracks if something had gotten near our WSA.

Halt: ... I'm talking to the command post, and if the command post doesn't want to do anything, do you think I was going to initiate it?

Tim: OK. That answers my other question ... why was everybody out in the forest and not protecting our, y'know, our #1 priority resource on the base?

Halt: Well, that was my main concern. I was extremely upset the fact that everyone was out there. There were light-alls out there, there were vehicles out there, there were probably 25 people out there. It was a public relations disaster and everything that's left on the base--I won't say unprotected, but minimally protected.

And in another interview here (ETA: it looks like it's been pulled!):

Actually, my concern was that the Command post didn't seem too excited about the whole thing. And what I later learned is that, not only did Eastern radar picked up some blips on their screen our aircraft controllers in the tower at Bentwaters--this didn't come out until after they'd retired--actually saw the object, saw it go past at high speed, had it on their scope, and so it go into the forest where we were.

Now the reason they didn't come forward they know other people who reported UFOs and they got decertified, so they made a deal between the two of them that they weren't going to say anything. There was also a senior officer, an aviator was in the tower with them, and he doesn't want to talk about it.

So, it was confirmed by two different radars that there was definitely something there.

Did the Command post want to bury their heads in the sand? Could they cope with events that occurred? Be that an experiment, or an unknown phenomena? ETA: Speculation here: perhaps with events having also allegedly occurred in the preceding nights, someone came in and was in that Command post who knew the score and let it all go on unhindered.

edit on FriAmerica/ChicagofFri, 27 May 2016 06:50:51 -0500am605America/Chicago531 by Defragmentor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Portuguese is not my main language! And I'm ignorant about Latin America and Puerto Rico!
Thanks for setting me straight.

I will be reading up on this as I said.

As for my opinion on those little "refrigerator UFOs", I'm fairly certain that those are living beings that take on the appearance of physical craft. That "hole on the bottom" would seem to be a combination mouth and anus (Ewww!). That's my take on it anyway.

In reading the UFO Danger Zone book, one of the witnesses smacked one of them with a pole, and it hit something solid.. but they never said that it went "clang!". Of course even if it had, that doesn't mean it couldn't be alive.

Way off topic i know.

Kev

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I'm no good at languages myself, I've just been reading a bit about Colares which led to Skinwalker (then back) then back to Vallee.
As these things do...
Postman brought J B Alexander book today.
Just as I finished the last one.
Timing!!!
Not too far off topic, I hope.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SkywatcherUK

Thanks for clarifying that because as Kev says in response to your post ,Andrew's Book is not easy to find.

However for those interested Andrew did a write up in UFO Matrix Magazine (which is still available for about £3 UK in e-mag format).

There is also a 2005 piece by Andrew on Rendlesham in UFO Data Magazine 1 (free download)

Which cryptically ends........

Of all the strange things surrounding the Rendlesham case, one sticks in my mind more than any other. It involves one of the secretaries at the by understanding electricity in a way we have not yet mastered. That has stuck in my mind as a strange thing for a secretary to say, especially as she was so closely involved in the Rendlesham encounter and the official communications which followed.

Link

And again courtesy of Sir Isaac Koi. The whole collection of UFO Data Magazine's is available in PDF form totally free at :
minus.com...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Defragmentor

Thanks for reminding me. I have heard these interviews before. If there was any inkling that the Soviets had penetrated UK airspace then a full blown alert would have been called. But it seems no one wanted to take charge.

Halt was the highest rank on duty and only one guy was above him on base. But he defers to what the control tower are telling him. Even though he's claiming objects buzzing over his bases and shining beams of light.

Was Halt aware that some kind of test or experiment was going ahead and hams it up on his tape? Was it all a lot less exciting than he's really made that third night out to be?Or is there a secret military code to stating do nothing more than observe 'UFOs'?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

First I thought you were talking about Chupa Chups.

Spanish lollipops.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I read the Hunt for the Skinwalker book back when it first came out. I have to say it left me unsure how true many parts of it actually were. The stories of weird creatures, strange footprints, even a black humanoid character seemingly appearing out of a portal were very entertaining. But there was nothing to back it up beyond the anecdotal evidence.

It was a good read without convincing me of much.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I nearly mentioned those lollies too but didn't know how well they'd be remembered.
Yum.

Skinwalker was a bit of a let down to be honest. I wanted to brush up on the UFO angle, though, because there were also smallish manta shaped drone/creature(?) things flying around as well as the bigger RV types and refrigerators with headlamps.

If we are to take the story as fact, the UFOs behaved in a pretty unusual way.
In Colares the Chupa chupas were distinctly hostile, whereas the refrigerators were more clandestine and would speed away out of reach, but still hanging around and visible in the distance.

They described the manta ones as looking like they were hunting around for something. They didn't explain why they felt that they should hide from the mantas but had no fear of chasing after the refrigerators, which I thought was quite an interesting difference.

The whole saga seemed quite interesting to start with but then just fizzled out.
A watched kettle never boils.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Skinwalker was a bit of a let down to be honest. I wanted to brush up on the UFO angle, though, because there were also smallish manta shaped drone/creature...

I know ctj83 has discussed the sci-fi show themes that often repeat themselves in Ufology. But the manta ray description, in "Skinwalker". made me think of a rarely seen but nonetheless interesting video - 'Let There Be Light" by Mike Oldfield. It's taken from his album "Songs of Distant Earth" in 1994. (A concept album based around Arthur C.Clarke's novel of the same name).

Makes me wonder if a lot of the stories in "Hunt for the Skinwalker" had been influenced by pop culture too?

Moving on...

I don't know too much about the Colares case other than a couple of TV shows I've seen. Although another story from Brazil in 1996, "The Varghina Case" (be careful how you say it in public!) sounds rather exciting. It starts with a spaceship sighting, aliens seen around the town, military cover ups and then becomes rather difficult to substantiate anything of the sort happened at all.

And bringing it all back on topic. The Penniston binary codes allegedly contain co-ordinates to the folllowing places on Earth.

1. An ancient city in Central America - Carracl, Belize
2. A location in and around Nazca Peru
3. A location in Sedona, North America
4. Giza, Egypt
5. Portara Temple of Apollo, Naxos, Greece
6. Tai Shan Qui, China
7. The Mythical island of Hy Brasil in the Atlantic.

The only Brazil in there is the non-existent Hy Brasil. Considered by many to be nothing but a mirage.

There's a coincidence!

edit on 27/5/16 by mirageman because: coincidental coincidences

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yes Varghina is an interesting one. Dr Roger Leir went and researched it. You know, the implant guy.
He wrote a book called UFO crash in Brazil.
I'm still on the lookout for any more on this one because it is interesting but Leirs writing made 150 pages seem like a twenty year stretch in solitary.

It grinds.

I'm not one to speak Ill of the dead but if his surgery was anything like his writing I'm glad I never went under his scalpel.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Or is there a secret military code to stating do nothing more than observe 'UFOs'?

Maybe these instructions, or a new version of them, were still in effect in 1980.

Page 2, point 3 c:

Each commander of an Air Force base will provide a UFO investigative capability. When notice of a UFO sighting is received, an investigation will be implemented to determine the stimulus for the sighting.

Page 3, point 6 d:

If possible, an individual selected as a UFO investigator should have a scientific or technical background and experience as an investigator

Timeline:

Nevels: “I was in my home on Woodbridge base and I got a knock on the door. Lieutenant Englund from the Security Police came in, started walking and looking throughout my home to see if there was anybody else there with me. And I told him that yes my daughter was there, she was three years old. He said ‘well does she understand what I’m talking about because what I’m about to say is top secret.

He said ‘I am here because I was sent by the Base Commander, Colonel Conrad. He asked me to come to here and pick you up, and let me go into detail what he said.’ So then he started going back and relating all the incidents as of the UFO on December 25 through that time frame.

The story that I got from Lieutenant Englund was that the London tower, on December 25 when all this started, contacted the tower at Woodbridge base and asked them to identify the object that was above them because it was on their radar and they could not determine what it was.

Lieutenant Englund told me that one of the airmen had been taken aboard the spacecraft. He just basically went through and told me about Sergeant Jim Penniston and John Burroughs were involved – I do remember the names were mentioned – and he said ‘even to the point that someone had been abducted into the aircraft’ and he said ‘the reason Colonel Conrad has asked for me to come and get you because he felt that if he wanted an honest answer from anybody then you would give it to him.’

So it’s my orders, they are down at the Woodbridge officer’s club and they are having a party down there – and when we get through on out investigation he’ll be waiting for us and we need to go back and report to him what you saw."

edit on 28-5-2016 by Guest101 because: Added some spaces for readibility

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That's a rather Serene video.
When I read "manta" I thought of the old War of the Worlds movie only in matt black, which is a pop-culture sci-fi reference again.
Thing is, we could end up looking too hard trying to find a connection to these things and various sightings.
The ones already noted above seem really suspicious once the similarities are pointed out but we have a chicken and egg situation with some of them.
There probably was a time when a report could be read as "untainted" but there's so much of this stuff on TV and in movies that you'd have to have come from another planet not to have had some degree of influence!

Talking of influence, I noticed while re-reading Encounter in Rendlesham forest that when Nick Pope is running through the alternative explanations something interesting comes up in the chapter on time travellers.
He mentions that this is one possibility then talks about a bit of the current science looking into time travel.
Then for no reason at all he says that binary would be the best way to send a message back in time (no mention of forward). Then goes on to something else before closing that section.
I couldn't help but feel that this was priming the readers (especially newcomers) to more readily accept the code which was revealed later in the book.
Call me a cynic but looking at it again it seems quite blatant to me.

As has been discussed above, nobody else seems to think that there's any reason not to just use English.
Seems he's got a bias?
Mind you, Pope and Penniston seem to get on OK so I'd gamble he's been told plenty of things that he's not free to publish.

The rest of the binary thing leaves me stumped. I'm not sure what to believe so I'm really stuck until he tells us more in the book.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Just a wee bit of info. The "Nine" are very likely to be mentioned in the pending binary book , thought I would give a heads up

edit on 28-5-2016 by Marylongstockings because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

You have an interesting comment, but rather than speculate too much. Its
always a good idea to have as much info on this as possible. I will try to say a bit more
in due course. It might prove interesting. Yes I know a lot re Jim and the binary codes

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

From what I've read, the book will link the codes to some "Giza mystery". Seems a lot to gamble and declare war on Burroughs for...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marylongstockings

You have an interesting comment, but rather than speculate too much. Its
always a good idea to have as much info on this as possible. I will try to say a bit more
in due course. It might prove interesting. Yes I know a lot re Jim and the binary codes

Save yourself the trouble:

- All that was seen in the RFI were lights that moved around in and above the forest. Some lights could have been part of a solid object because they seemed to form a fixed pattern.

- A beam of light occasionally came down from one of these lights.

- Traces were found where these lights were seen on or near the ground. These traces could have been made by a solid object that landed there.

- The events caused a lot of rumours, wild stories, and people trying to fool each other on the base.

- Jim never walked around or touched any craft. His notebook came long after the events happened and contains the wrong date. John never saw him take notes or touch anything. Several of the original witness statements (including the one Jim wrote) state that Jim never came closer than 50 meters.

- Jim never got any download of binary codes. The binary code story is so full of holes that it never flew in the first place.

- There was no cordon of personnel surrounding a landed craft on the third night. Larry mixed rumors, fantasy, and possibly disinformation into his own story. Bustinza over time told three different stories that simply don’t add up. When the lights returned mid-January, Halt jumped into his sports car and was joined by Gordon Williams and family to observe them from the forest. Do you really think he’d react this way if there had been a landed craft or a serious threat to the WSA a few weeks earlier?

- The USAF named them ‘UFO’s’ from day one, and they will remain unidentified due to lack of further data. The USAF called in help from the local police and from radar control towers in an attempt to get further data on the case and may have gotten a tape with a few blips on a radar screen.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

That is precisely what I was afraid of. Its a very big game and it looks like Penniston is the "insertion point" as it were.
Here we go on the next round of new age channelling and cosmic influence.
Poison.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yes, you are correct. That connection occurred due to a dream Jim claimed. Of course there is much more. I just mention this as you mention Giza.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join