It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 298
<< 295  296  297    299 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Its soon 300 pages Kev!
😁

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Its soon 300 pages Kev!
😁

Despite all the snarkiness that JP gets for example, it would be fun
to speak with him. It's not his fault that someone stirred his brain
and reprogrammed him with nonsense.

I suspect that the original perception he had was not without merit..

I wish we could all just get alone... agree to disagree and not try to
build multimedia empires, when the goal should be science.

Ah well.

Kev

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I certainly agree re the goal.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I've had a $10000 offer from someone to stay silent...there isn't going to be a new thread.....Then I realized it was from Penniston and he'd had another binary moment. Well for $16 isn't worth it is it?

Despite all the snarkiness that JP gets for example, it would be fun to speak with him. It's not his fault that someone stirred his brain and reprogrammed him with nonsense...

Or he could just be getting the truth out outright lying. Let's face it if that $16 offer had been twice as much I might have been tempted to shut up. If someone has financial problems then will do all sorts of things.

I doubt there is a multimedia empire to be built. When the book comes out I expect hardly a ripple and fairly paltry sales. Only hardcore believers will pay attention. But if he has been mind-zapped like you surmise then I guess it could be fun for you speak to him.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Well actually I'd like to speak with people from the suffolk area
who have seen BOL and BTUFO to compare notes with them
much more than JP.

Too many fingers in the pie when it comes to RFI.

But in my heart of hearts I'm a softie.. and I'd like to assume there
is no intentional lying for notoriety for $$, for JP.

I wouldn't make that statement for others involved, however.... the
professional story tellers need to make a living.

Kev

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So all I have to do is to pay you $32 and you will do something immoral?

You are a cheap date.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

So all I have to do is to pay you $32 and you will do something immoral?

You are a cheap date.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Everyone has their price even you. I read $22 million to summon a triangle and a $1000 an hour for your services. LOL. You are not a cheap skate are you Kev.

Mirageman you are a cheapie!

edit on 25-9-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

When the book comes out I expect hardly a ripple and fairly paltry sales. Only hardcore believers will pay attention. But if he has been mind-zapped like you surmise then I guess it could be fun for you speak to [to] him.

Ahhhhhhh, right - the penny finally drops - so Baa knows Penniston personally? Am I the last to know this, lol? Oh, well, better late than never after arriving five years late to the party.

MM - what is Osborn's explanation for the provenance of the codes NOT being the internet, as you suspect? I've tried looking to no avail.

As the thread winds down after five years, perhaps re-hearing sceptical views from RFI cast members can bring balance and a degree of sanity to that first night - eg, it's worth revisiting Lt Skip Buran who broke silence and crossed swords with Penniston himself when Jim suggested he'd been 'got at' on the old Justice For The Bentwaters 81st site.

I was the shift commander the first night. Then SSgt Penniston had every opportunity to report everything as it happened. There was no pressure to do otherwise. There was no panicked call for assistance, no incredulous description of an unknown object, nothing. They went, looked, and came back. No one was traumatized by the event. No one requested medical help... Folks, this is a non-event, at best a hoax, and is being blown way out of proportion by people who may have self serving motives.

I asked for statements from everyone, and since nothing was found, and nothing was seen and no emergency existed, we got on with our mission which was not rambling around in Rendlesham forest. I remember a statement made about an object, claiming there appeared to be one, but no one could get close to it. It's because there was no object. There was CERTAINLY no claim of any contact with ANYTHING made that first night.

I will gladly explain the contents of my statement to anyone, any time, and I won't have to embellish and expand the incident as I go along. Sorry guys, I have always hesitated to say anything against anyone because I was not out there that first night, but there are no victims of anything and to try to imply anyone is a victim is ludicrous. And Jim, no one has "gotten to me". I haven't spoken to anyone except Georgina and those who keep calling me to corroborate a UFO (which I can't and won't do).

Well, that told Jim. And us.

I've dismissed the first night for a long time, but that third night still begs questions.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I guess it could be fun for you speak to [to] him

I believe that was a reply to Kev.

MM - what is Osborn's explanation for the provenance of the codes NOT being the internet, as you suspect? I've tried looking to no avail.

Way back in January 2018 he claimed that the Wayback Machine could have been hacked to make it look like the binary co-ordinates on Sacred Destinations were there before 2010. That was when Jim revealed that he'd had a download whilst sitting on the lavatory. See here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, the possibility indeed remains that someone, or a group wishing to discredit Jim Penniston as a credible ‘Rendlesham Incident’ witness and bring his account concerning the binary code and how he received it seriously into question, could have hacked into the ‘Sacred Destinations’ website to tamper with the information presented on the website, using a skilled hacker to do it. In other words, the coordinates originally published for the same ancient sites on the ‘Sacred Destinations’ website, could have been altered and changed to the coordinates found in the binary code, to make it appear that Jim Penniston himself had 1), copied them from the website, 2), converted them to binary code and 3), then added them into the binary code message that he then wrote into his notebook many years after the incident and after the coordinates had first appeared on the website.

It could even have been made to appear that the ‘falsified’ information presented on the ‘Sacred Destinations’ website had been displayed on there for many years – especially making it look as though the coordinates were on the relevant pages of the website the year before Jim Penniston went public with the existence of the binary code . . . .

Personally I don't follow the guy as he's interested in things that go back to the 23.5° tilt of the Earth and Ancient Egyptian stuff. He's as unimportant to me as I am to him.

That third night is a mystery in some respects and begs many questions:

[] Why does Halt fail to address it properly in his memo to the MoD? (bumbling Colonel forgot to check his notes oh silly sausage that he was!)

[] Why no witness statements?

[] Why, despite strange lights overhead and beams of light shining down at his feet and burning through the nuclear weapons bunkers (Nevels words) was absolutely no action taken to call an alert? Halt just walks around the forest and then with the lights still beaming down overheard goes back to base.

There's probably a hundred more questions that need asking too. But the story told does not fit the action (or lack of it) from the Command structure at the Twin Bases.

It's no wonder Penniston and Halt don't endorse this site is it? They keep having to think of ridiculous excuses to cover mistakes they've made in the past.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I offered two TTSA-related researchers (and several more
by virtue of BCC perhpas), to do the "UFO summoning" for free,
so long as I was hooked up to monitoring equipment
so that something might be learned.

I don't actually want any money.

But if "free" isn't a good enough price.. then there's the
psychological trick where you charge a lot for something,
to increase it's perceived value.

Besides.. in all honesty... for me to do the summoning
thing again might kill me.. and I want to leave my
wife something.

Kev
edit on 25-9-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Paying money to summon triangles. Bah!

And to think that for free I could literally take people to a place in a certain desert and watch triangles nightly do things much more impressive than just float around. Much more impressive. But alas I don't live where that goes on anymore. Oh well.
edit on 25-9-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Paying money to summon triangles. Bah!

And to think that for free I could literally take people to a place in a certain desert and watch triangles nightly do things much more impressive than just float around. Much more impressive. But alas I don't live where that goes on anymore. Oh well.

Do you still think those 'triangles' confirm Astr0's theories? to some extent?

Kev

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Triangles were all the rage back in the UK in the 80s. It even linked into cattle mutilation (but not crap circles). Everyone sees them nowadays and thinks nothing of it!

"If you ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow, you need butter milk and cheese and an equilateral chainsaw".

I'm only half man enough to be taking the biscuit there. I should be thanking Nigel Blackwell for that revelation.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I think that I put more time into researching British Idioms than
supposedly researching "UFOs".

"take the biscuit
phrase of biscuit
INFORMAL•BRITISH
be the most remarkable or foolish of its kind"
-Ref: Urbandictionary

As far as Black Triangles.. if I pay you $32 will you ditch this
RFI thread, and research one of the few things in UFOlogy
that actually interest me?

For the record, unless you run away from ATS and go into
hiding (or I do), I'm going to wave that $32 at you periodically.

I'm still smiling up a storm that your price is $32.

It's killing me.

Kev

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The biggest problem with Rendlesham in my opinion, isn't "alien" or "phenomenon" related..it's very much a human one.

The people involved, chasing thier own agendas, personal gain, character assasinating others, a need to feel more important, book sales, conference gigs, radio shows and lots of EGO willy waving.

It's disgusting that the whole lot of them, yeah I'm going there, I'm throwing the whole damn lot of them under the bus...considering they were military trained adults that served in the forces, it's surprising at the levels most of them have plunged to, to get one over on one of the other witnesses. I'm not siding with any of them either, none of them or those closely associated have come out smelling of roses.

Facebook posts berating one another and all the other nonsense, they should all be ashamed. What a waste of energy.

Because somewhere hidden under all this BS was something weird that happened in a forest in Rendlesham in 1980 that we don't fully understand, that's the mystery I'm interested in, not all this frat boy bollocks in the years after. It does nothing to help solve the mystery, it damages it if anything.

#AngryWednesday
#ThatFeltGood
edit on p23617182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Great rant.

I was in the US Navy for 8 years.

When I was stationed in Norfolk, VA, there were still signs
on some people's lawns that said,

"No sailors or dogs on the grass".

I'm not sure you know military people like I do.

Kev
edit on 25-9-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I dare say no one on this board understood that reference...

"Half Man,Half Biscuit" have possibly the finest lyricist to come from Merseyside since the days of Lennon and McCartney or possibly even Wilfred Owen. They wrote a song back in '85 about cattle mutilations and that famous ufologist "Bob Todd".

But I'm just twisting your melon man......The $32 dollar man is yours to use freely

I think we need to stop wasting space trying to wind this thread down.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Nah it's true. If you look at it objectively there have only really been a few highly vocal witnesses down the years. The panic, the intrusion into British airspace and the hyped up stories all came from four US airmen.

Yep, something happened. There were a number of other witnesses who saw 'something' for sure. But there is a distinct lack of any local British witnesses who saw beams of light shining down onto the base on the third night. The RAF didn't feel the need to launch interceptors and were seemingly untroubled by the events. Even the Wing Commander and Base Commander seemed to put everything behind them. In fact Halt deferred to lower ranks in real time when they told him nothing was seen on radar and refused to call on more resources.....

So what really is/was the story?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

1) Phenomena Related
2) secret black program test
3) it's all nonsense

I'm more for 2 in the rendlesham case, something with ionising radiation involving plasma on a test stealth drone with extremely advanced scanning / laser imaging systems onboard or whatever.

The more simple it seems the more complex it becomes. I might start looking at other topics, getting tired of it all now...

edit on p58622182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 295  296  297    299 >>

join