It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do they control the big-time poiticians?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Is it just the powerful lobbies offering money?

Or do they have more power? Do they actually talk to powerful people and say this is who will be the president? And do they manipulate events to make it so?

Was Obama groomed before he was selected to be president by the powerful ones? Are we being set up? Is it all part of a very long term plan?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
"How do they control the big-time politicians." Who is the "they?" "The powerful ones" is not quite specific enough.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Compartmentalization.

During WWII and the Manhattan project, nobody knew what the other groups were doing, or what the end goal was. It was just get what you have to do done.

This is largely the same concept used in modern politics. Keep a very few, very well informed and the rest busy working towards goals that you've convinced them were theirs.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

They don't control them all you see. They control the nameless, shapeless bureaucracy that runs the show. Governments have become so large that the elected leaders have no power, all of their old power has been delegated to unelected and unaccountable people.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Is the democratic process a sham? Is the plot being run by people that ultimately desire total control? I don't know the answer.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Democracy is an important idea and it's still alive and strong in many places. I couldn't say the USA is one of them though.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
well I could come up with this long drawn out answer, but when it comes down to it there are three primary ways "they" (which could be tptb, corporations, the super rich, world leaders.....) control politicians.

Threats, Favors, and Money

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think they are blackmailed with information obtained by the NSA.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It might just be the usual carrot and stick approach. Part of BO's campaign in his first election was to control and reverse the exponential growth of the NSA and related agencies. Then they told him they had a credible threat of a sniper gunman at his inauguration, since then he has given them as much as they want. Add to that the privileged information he is privy to and the investment decisions he is going to make when he finishes, that kind of money can buy quite a lifestyle for him and his.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

charles1952
"How do they control the big-time politicians." Who is the "they?" "The powerful ones" is not quite specific enough.

I believe he is referring to "TPTB"...

"They" were referred to in ancient times as the Brotherhood of the Snake, AKA the Brotherhood of the Dragon.

Jesus more appropriately called them the "Synagogue of Satan".

Danny Casolaro called it "The Octopus".

Fletcher Prouty called it ‘The Secret Team’.

George Washington called it the ‘Illuminati‘.

Steve Greer calls them “Godzilla”

Ralph Epperson called it ’The Unseen Hand’

Benjamin Disraeli called it 'The hidden hand.'

AKA: New Word Order, Zionist, or The Shadow government.

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." -- Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

droid56
Is it all part of a very long term plan?

Absolutely...

A simple search such as: "The illuminati started long before 1776" will confirm this.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

droid56
Is the democratic process a sham? Is the plot being run by people that ultimately desire total control? I don't know the answer.

Yes.

It's all theatre. Best to just sit back and enjoy the show. Or lynch the buggers. Whatever takes your fancy.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
When Truman handed over the reins to Eisenhower, he reportedly included his file on J Edgar Hoover, stating,

"I pity the President who doesn't have this"

I think that should tell you something. Maybe they've all got the goods on each other, and money, threats and skeletally-filled closets keep everyone in line. Ask yourself how many hit men a billionaire, or a billion-dollar government, could hire? Or how many mistake-proof bodyguards a Michael Hastings can hire?

That, and the ability to stamp TOP SECRET on top of things and put them in the deep freeze for 50 or 75 years makes for a tidy KGB/Mafioso/Savak gang, don't it?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

charles1952

Benjamin Disraeli called it 'The hidden hand.'

AKA: New Word Order, Zionist, or The Shadow government.

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." -- Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

Is he on record as to stating what is the hidden hand? To me it equally speaks of the social, cultural, political barriers he would face.

I think no one is in full control. Governments and Hidden Hands are influenced and have barriers for pushing through what they want such as religions, culture and economics. Each vying to get their way and protect their legacy.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, to first become a big time politician, you already need to first be a crook or be someone willing to sacrifice your good values for the sake of the ones really in power, whatever you want to call them.

After that, even if you refuse to follow their order, they will threaten to blackmail you, to hurt your loved one and to do you in.

There won't ever be a politician alone that will change things for the majority the way things are now, so stop hoping for "change" from a president.

The majority will need to bring down the current leaders of this world if they ever wish for things to get better. Even after that, the population would have the regulate the government very harshly and constantly.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
www.whale.to...

How controlled?

By control of the media; by money to supply opposing candidates; by hook and by crook--drugs, sex, toys.

Blackmail. And if none of that works, fatal accidents or assassination.

And elections have become a joke: To be an honest election we must have 3 things---1)only eligible voters allowed to vote--no foreigners or animals or out-of-staters. 2) a way to ensure only 1 vote/voter 3) a way to count the votes such that we know the honest results.

None of those hold true today.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

They take a microscope, shove it up the of butts of whoever gets any power at all, find their dirt(and face it, people who choose to become politicians usually have lots of dirt. It's the nature of that beast, as most of them ARE scum anyway).

Then they say, you do it our way, or you're front page news tomorrow. Capiche`?

JMO of course. I have no proof. It's just that if I wanted to control people, getting the dirt on them and then holding it over their heads forever, that's the way to go. You don't even have to kill anyone (at first). I really don't think a lot of them would sell out for just money. They need to be threatened with the exposure of public humiliation for whatever their dirt is.

Maybe they're even "kept" in office for that purpose. Better the Devil you know, ya know? That way, you don't have to keep finding new dirt on new people. Why do you think Ted Kennedy was kept in office all those years? Robert Byrd? Strom Thurmand? Dirt. Lotsa dirt (Sorry, just feeding the theory...heheh)Byrd was grand dragon, KKK, W Va. Democrat. Thurmond supposedly, it was later revealed, had children with black women, and he was a segragationist for most of political career, one of the longest political careers in US history. Ted Kennedy? lol. Nuff said.

It's easy to be the puppet master when you don't have to kill the puppets. All you have to do is threaten them and their families with humiliation and public exposure of their dirt. That's all you really need.

The NSA would be the perfect tool to gather this kind of dirt.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Essentially, politicians must turn to their "constituents" for funding. It takes a whole lot of money to run a campaign, and whenever the money is coming from those who have a special interest, which is virtually everybody, that money does not come without strings attached. If the politicians don't do what the lobbyists want, they can threaten to cut future fudning, but more importantly, they can cut support, because they also have other politicians in their pockets.

There are other things they could do as well. And yes, those who "play ball" with these special interests groups do in fact get many perks. One of the biggest perks we've seen in recent times has been cushy new jobs waiting when the politician gets out of office. And sometimes there are people who had worked for special interest groups or companies who are big lobbyists, who then go into politics. We know who they really look out for.

I have long stated that this corruption and collusion can be eliminated via certain new laws. First of all, eliminate private campaign funding. And you want to know the BIGGEST problem in politics, and why it persists? It is the two-party system. Get this. For a new party to get on the ballot, it has to be approved by the Democrats and Republicans. Why would they willingly allow more competition? THAT is just insane in my opinion, that things operate this way. Anyway, eliminating private funding would be a good first step.

The next step would be to end lobbying altogether. THAT is the main reason we have corruption, aside from crooked politicians. Think about this for a second...What kind of person wants to rule over other people to begin with? I hold that many politicians have unknown mental problems, or character disorders, and this is what makes them so susceptible to corruption. They already are the types of people who seek power, and I don't think that is a natural thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

theMediator
Well, to first become a big time politician, you already need to first be a crook or be someone willing to sacrifice your good values for the sake of the ones really in power, whatever you want to call them.

You need to have achieved to a certain position in life to get the backing required. Possibly to get to that position you would have had to do bad acts, or you could have struggled hard, or you could just be born into it.
Your need to tow the company line for the most part on freedom, religion, patriotic but they usually retain some vision of their own or different that may help them get to where they are.

The question is are they controlled by a higher force which I believe they are not, they are influenced by other stakeholders in position of power and influence, but not dictated to as severely as is suggested.

The past has positioned us here through different philosophies and conquests. The stronger societies have come through but they have left us with binding governments and religion open to corruption which takes our freedom away.

I don't know if this is a necessary evil if you will but I do think that we should never forget that we still have the right to set our own laws and not be dictated to by the past.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
All you need to do is to take a good long look at two photographs;

One of the newly inaugurated President giving his speech to the freezing masses on Capitol Mall about 'ask not what your country can do for you'... etc., all hubris and national pride, and then compare it to

The day after. The day the reality starts to set in, the day after he's been 'briefed', the day after he realizes he's in a tiny militarily controlled bubble surrounded by men with Uzis cocked and loaded, he'll never get the same news the public gets ever again, it's far worse than he realized or could ever have guessed, and somewhere in the back of his mind, there's the niggling question of, not only 'what have I gotten myself into?' but 'am I being told the truth by these briefers, or it is all a crock?'

The truth is, the briefers control the President not to mention everyone in Congress, etc., and we'll never know the names of the people with the top level security clearances. We'll never even know their names...!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join