It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yup.

It'll just be me and pussycat on our own this year.

Hubby is working up north and won't be home until New Year's Eve and our daughter is now living in Saskatchewan.

... so kitty and I are going to stuff our faces with Christmas goodies in our jammies on the couch all day watching Christmas movies non-stop till we drop.

But I'll be going over to friends for a big turkey dinner on the 27th... and drinks... and more drinks.

I guess this will become our new tradition now that hubby's work schedule has changed, it could be like this for several years to come.

Meh, no big deal.

I don't really care what day our Christmas celebration falls on, it's just another day on the calendar.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I'll be here all throughout the holidays, even on Christmas.

I'm thinking of getting some of our alone guys into the chat room and having ourselves an ats christmas/festivus!

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Weather (and the North Koreans) permitting ... I'll be spending time with my daughter this holiday season. Of course, I'll be checking in. Anyone is welcome to send a PM. I'm on-line from the other side of midnight, so it's never too late to swap notes.

Regards from Seoul,
Snarl

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I will try to be on as well. We usually do something, but will be one less outing this year I think... so I will have more time if all holds up well.

My PM is always open as well. Those of you who do know me well enough know that I have lost a child and the holidays always seem to bring up the what if's... if you know what I mean. So those of you who have had a loss, or just need someone to chat with scream at me here or in PM if you've a mind to. Sometimes even with family we all have different needs and we don't always want to burden those around us with "not so Christmas feelings".

S&F for the thought alone.

Night Star

The middle cat looks like he has had too much Nog in his Egg....

edit on 12/22/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
after having a gruelling battle with system to get my son out of foster care i will have my 3 year old to run around after,it has taken 6 months of agony fighting a failed system,i didnt lose him my ex did yet i have to jump through the hoops to get him back.....but i can proudly say job done and little boy is coming home to daddy...best christmas present ever

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

A little cheer............hmmmmm or maybe not??? I don't know if this will make you want to laugh or cry.......or both LOL.

Happy you got your little boy back........that is truly the best gift ever. After all everything here comes down to love and sacrifice.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

edit on 22-12-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
One of the many many reasons I love this site.

I work at the ER until the late afternoon on Christmas day.

I'll be home alone after with wine and my thoughts.

Happy to hear I might have someone to share them with

Seasons greetings everyone.

edit on 22-12-2013 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I won't be alone but know that don't mean I'm not lonely

Sorry for the spontaneous Bon Jovi outburst,

I'll be leaving in 24hrs to spend Christmas with wonderful family, but as ATS is a part of that family I'll be taking you all with me, I may not be around as much, but if you think you guys aren't with me and in my thoughts and heart, think again.

No optic fibres where I'm going so the interwebbythingy will be frustratingly slow but I'll be around.

And a very merry Christmas to one and all

Cody

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've been alone every year for Christmas for a while so it's stopped bothering me somewhat.

But it hasn't stopped me from getting into the Christmas spirit-malt whiskey being that spirit.

edit on 22-12-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I won't be alone, but I'll stop by anyway. Probably at any given time during the day, and multiple times, lol. Nothing worse than a dead forum on a holiday, I'd expect there's going to be at least some light posting activity going on next week & will be happy to check in with the thread

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'll be alone for a bit, but then I'll be on a plane, probably not alone.
Then I'll be in a different city and state, and have a little more alone time.
Someone will join me later and that's likely to be the last bit of alone time (other than going to the toilet) for 9-10 days.

I like being alone, but fortunately the person I'll be spending time with has a good understanding of silence, and we get along just fine.

So a bit of both this year.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hi all. I am usually online in the late hours of the night simply because I can stay awake the longest. When hubby has a week off work, THERE IS NO CLOCK!!

My annual tradition is to watch A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim on the night of the 24th and sniffle a little bit.

I've always been grateful for the gift of existing here on planet earth, but this year I went through Lymphoma diagnosis, treatment and remission. This year end is a bit more special to me.

I'm usually pretty quiet around here, but I popped into inneformore's thread last year and will make it a point to do so every year.

Right now we're getting hit with an ice/sleet storm so I'll be armed with a shovel

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Me and my son are going to my mums to spend Christmas with my brothers and my mums 6 cats.

So between my brothers fighting and the cats swinging off the tree I will pop on ATS for some relief from all the festive madness.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This newbie will be with family but promises to be around to offer support or goodwill.
Just to start things off on a positive note, here in the UK, whatever your colour, creed etc. we have to complete a thing called The National Census...I class myself as mixed race as my background includes Celtic, English (Cockney), Basque & Argentinian, and that's only going back 2 generations, and obvious immigrant status, for my religion, I am one of thousands of declared Jedi Knights in the UK!
Betcha didn't realise we could be so diverse over here.
So, those of us that can, will so that those that can't, can!
On here you can't be alone, even the keyboard warriors out there...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

You guys better hold to your promise and be here.

You will be much needed. I will be alone this Christmas. I will be checked into ATS all day, Christmas Eve, too! If it goes too quiet I will post some new threads (which I don't do very often these days) to help keep the traffic going. I got a few things I'd like to share from my recent research, but they will be ATS related and not too much about Christmas.

In the mean time feel this you lonely ones...

edit on 22-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: repeating words.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I was here last year and will be again this year. It was great to be supportive of others during the holidays.

And since my family does everything christmas eve I'll be with this family for the holidays. I can look back on my experiences and known how the kindness of strangers can help get you through a rough patch. I'll be honest I have been looking forward to this thread . Happy holidays folks see you on the 25th.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

I'll be in the mountains this year, but I will stop in when I can

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has posted already

Its this kind of thing that really does set us aside from other forums, and the response so far is great!

Will check in later - in the meantime keep spreading the cheer

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately, most of my activity on ATS over Christmas is likely to be in this thread
Stay safe everyone!

I will as usual be at home on my own - that's because I'm a miserable old grinch. And I want all the turkey and alcohol to myself!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

That is so thoughtful, nefermore.

I'm very new here, but I'll try to wrack my tiny brain and think of a thread too, to help keep the new-post page moving on Christmas Day. I hope to be able to spend some time on ATS on Christmas Day - it wouldn't be Christmas without great company and a heated debate, would it!

Happy Holidays to everyone

B x

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join