It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

geobro
i will be joining the 300 million orthadox christians who do not celebrate xmas till the 6th of january but i still want some trifle please

thats the 7th of january

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'll be here. Maybe only "lurking" but that counts, right? Actually, maybe I'll bring a gallon of Gin or Brandy or both and we can all sit around sharing (singing?) our "thoughts". That could be fun, except for whoever has to clean up after. Thanks for the... Invite!

edit on 22-12-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you! I'll grab any extra hugs flying around here because this will be my first Christmas alone - truly alone as in suddenly widowed after 31 years of marraige. I will be going to see my parents so won't be here online with you all ... but ... Christmas is a Season and it's my first one in the dark.

(((HUGS))) to all who want them!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Wow, very sorry to hear that.. Hang in there...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Trexter Ziam - so sorry to hear of your loss. Truly am. Wishing you peace this holiday season, and strength.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Bless you Trexter, 31 years of marriage, that requires a real man. I wish you nothing but the best.

mark...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This year is going to be a little strange, as it's technically the first year in almost seven I've been with someone, although right now she is on the other end of the country, while I stay in southern Australia while my youngest daughter sees her mother for the christmas weeks. So technically, while I'm not alone in terms of relationships this year, I am alone in displacement....

This time last year I was nursing a broken head after some idiot smashed a beer glass into my temple, and things went so badly I wound up leaving for home 4 days before Christmas. Last year it was just me and my girls, this year my eldest and g/f of almost a year are back home, so we're having a virtual Christmas morning through Skype, through a distance of 2500kms.

After that, I'll' be volunteering at a local church that open the doors for those who have less or are homeless, or even those who are just lonely but could use some company and a good meal.

I'll be home after new years, and we'll do a proper family day then. It's amazing how different things can be in just 12 months, sometimes even for the better. Regardless, I'll be around here mostly, as I'm not working this time, just doing some renovations to a house I own here.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

For what's it's worth....much love and respect.

May your holidays be blessed.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hey there! I'm new to these forums and this was the first post I'd seen and have to concede, it makes me rather ecstatic to see this type of conjunct community here! I too, will be alone for the holidays. It's going to be particularly difficult as this is the first holidays without my Wife and kids. We recently divorced (in October)

This holiday will be difficult so I suspect I shall be perusing these forums quite often these next few days to offset that. lol

Glad to be here.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I won't necessarily be alone but I will be at work from 9 AM to 6:30 Christmas day ( Walgreens ). Away from home for the first time with my gf and our kids ( which are four legged ). Should be interesting to come home to them instead of my parents :p

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
i've heard it referred to as Stressmas.

But may a spirit of peace and love and joy be with everyone.

Don't worry either, it will be over soon.

i'll check in Christmas eve.

i hope we'll be enjoying some laughs, because when you get fully present to the sorrow of Christmas, and it touches us all because we all have a family of origin and nostalgic memories of Christmas, there's joy and humor there i think on the other side of all the nonsense and absurdity.

It's both a very sad and a potentially very funny time of year.

Two years ago i spent the Christmas season in a mental ward. It was fun, in a way, painful but poignant, and very Christmassy for reasons that i can hardly explain. I threw a party for New Years, with lots of chips and dips and cheeses, crackers and pop. It was sort of like a scene from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" but not quite as bad as that. It was truly one of the best and most touching of Christmasses i've ever had to be honest. LOL!

Coming out of there afterwards, back into the real world was like a freaking resurrection, i'll never forget it.

May you avoid the troubles i've seen, and thoroughly enjoy this holiday season!

Much Love,

NAM

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Trexter, I am really sad to hear whats happened. You know we're all with you in spirit and I hope that's some comfort in what I genuinely know will be a difficult time.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Phage
Big hug?

Actually, I won't be alone but I have been. I suppose ATS is like any family though. As much as one may lean on it, you never really know it.

Woah! Phage has a heart! I thought you were the Grinch Phage! lol

I will not be alone, but due to money issues with having to replace my tires and heater core in my car to survive in winter without ending up on the headline of our local paper, i am only buying gifts for very few, niece and nephew mainly, plus my g/f and parents, and siblings. I will have no money left until payday in a week and a half, and i hate not having money for many reasons, but I feel I need to buy gifts for the kids in my family, and those who are buying me something. On top of this my black lab had a tomber removed and while at work he broke his neck cone and chewed his stitches off, and his left when I came home was wide open
So much for an xmas gift to my lab, guess I will need to bring him in at 7am to get it fixed up and hope he doesnt get infected or anything, been sitting here holding him on his one side to keep his wound from being touched by ANYTHING, called the emergency vet but cant afford to go there, and they said to do this until the local vet is open and take him asap. I really hope I can spend xmas with my best friend beside me but don't know how to keep this from happening again, as I work full time and he over an hours time did the damage. I wish to everyone happy holidays, and if you are spending it alone, I feel you. I will have family and some friends around, but I feel so bad for not being able to buy gifts for everyone, as I always receive plenty, and I hate it. Next year I am telling everyone to not get me a single thing, christmas has turned into a stress-fest for me, and i have so many mixed emotions atm, and the past few years. With my dog wounded I have so many more, but I need to support myself, over gifts, so I will make it through. This time of year it isn't about religion to me, I am agnostic. But what I feel it is really for is spending $$$, to make people rich who won't even donate to the needy (walmart *cough*) I wish everyone here a very happy holiday time of year, and I'll be thinking of you all over some brews, and hope you, if alone, or depressed, to find a way out, that is why I will be getting drunk and forgetting the reasons I am where I am. I'm a good person, never gone to jail, always do the right things, and even with a decent paying job, still find myself more in debt every year, so keep you're chin up, because hopefully someday, you will get paid off for everything endured. I this year, plan to follow my dream, and become a race car driver for a pro team, and put food on the table by finishing well and winning. It's what I have always done, however it isn't easy. My goal is to go pro, wish me luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SGT101Airborne

Welcome to Ats friend. Sorry about your situation. The community here is really like a family. We bicker , we fight, we laugh, we love, and sometimes we cry. And occasionally a drunk wacky member will come in and spice things up. One rule on Ats is dont pet the bunnies, they can be bribed with cookies tho..

If you plan on sticking around and browsing our you'll get that last part eventually. Happy browsing, and Happy Holidays. If you need a friend during these next few days stick around here we will take care of you.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My little boy is 6 years old and the last time I saw him was 3 years ago.
Long story short his mother and I separated and one day out of the blue I get a call saying she and my son are moving to another province. I got 2 hours notice, didn't even get to say bye to my boy.
Anyways its really hard to maintain the "I'm totally Normal" charade at this time of year for me so I am glad ATS is here when I'm feeling lonely.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

SGT101Airborne
We recently divorced (in October)

Did you ETS recently, too?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This will be my home away from home for the next 3 days. My only child, grown and married, will by in California visiting with in-laws this year. I have my goats to keep me company...they are happy goats as long as I feed them extra treats for Christmas. It is pretty funny watching them chew marshmallows.

Des

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Is it too early to roll in the portable bar?

Des

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I, personally, will be on my own for most of Christmas Day and New Year's Eve - and have done that for the past ten years, so I really do know how it feels to run the whole spectrum of emotions at this time of year.

Me too, I've lost count of the years now, my son will be here but I won't see him until after midnight. I don't mind being alone normally, I can do what I want when I want, and cook Christmas dinner when I feel like doing it.

This year is different, it's been a hard year with a lot of problems, that's normal for me but I lost my mother a couple of months ago, so I'm not sure how I will feel this Christmas, I just know it won't be the same as last year. Of course I will be here, where else would I be?

I hope next year will be a better one for everyone.
Merry Christmas to you all.

LEL.

I see the bar has been rolled in, mines a brandy thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

thanks ... i am blessed ...
i agree with all you have said ... and to add .. the wee man has changed my life and added value in so many ways ... i didnt anticipate how amazing it would be, or how much love i have for him ... and wont even try to find words to describe the extent of how excellent it all is

you can see more of him here in this wee playlist if your care ..
www.youtube.com...
tho personally, if someone tried to force a vid of their pup on me, id be less inclined to want to look

anyhow .. i guess that was completely off track .. so to get back on track again .. erm .. merry christmas to all who enjoy receiving such greetings

and god bless to everyone who isnt offended by me saying god bless

and come to think of it .. god bless all thos who are offended also
x

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join