It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I done this every year since I've been on ATS, as I know that there are many people out there who - either by choice or circumstance - will be alone over the Christmas and New Year period.

For some people that's a relief, but for others this time of year can be particularly lonely, or depressing or generally very difficult to get though.

The good news is that ATS is - at its core - a wonderful community and you are never truly alone here. Friendships are forged here over time through common beliefs and goals and we've even had marriages and at least one (possibly more) ATS baby in recent times.

I, personally, will be on my own for most of Christmas Day and New Year's Eve - and have done that for the past ten years, so I really do know how it feels to run the whole spectrum of emotions at this time of year.

So - if you are working, if you are missing a loved one, or if this time of year simply depresses you or passes you by, know that you are not alone, and drop in and say Hi to your fellow members below, have a chat, swap some stories and maybe make a new friend or two

I'll be dropping by over the whole period and trying to keep up as best as I can

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well, I'll be here but probs while you sleep waiting for Santa.

P

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have too many people, want some?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If you look at my join date, you'll find that 3 years ago I found myself alone.

This years finds me the same way.

So I'll be on.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'll be in my office working but as most days ATS is on the laptop. Any member can count on me to rally with the "Decent Folk" and be ready with a hearty Merry Xmas to keep the merry spirit alive and active. There is distinct possibility that I could be mentally impaired due to the secretaries bringing around all kinds of liquid and not so liquid goodies...But in the spirit of the season we intend to forge on and spread peace on earth and goodwill to men.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i will be joining the 300 million orthadox christians who do not celebrate xmas till the 6th of january but i still want some trifle please

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

What a touching gesture on your part. I hope everyone who needs to - finds this thread and realizes they are NOT alone when there are so many lovely people right here to chat with anytime, day or night.

I'll stop by every now and again with some libations and desserts - can someone else do hors d'oeuvres?

edit on 22-12-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Big hug?

Actually, I won't be alone but I have been. I suppose ATS is like any family though. As much as one may lean on it, you never really know it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

olaru12

I'll be in my office working but as most days ATS is on the laptop. Any member can count on me to rally with the "Decent Folk" and be ready with a hearty Merry Xmas to keep the merry spirit alive and active. There is distinct possibility that I could be mentally impaired due to the secretaries bringing around all kinds of liquid and not so liquid goodies...But in the spirit of the season we intend to forge on and spread peace on earth and goodwill to men. But I think we all know the good feelings will eventually degrade in partisan political bickering and agenda spreading.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Look at every day as being special,
not just one day a year.
Life itself is a festive spirit.

edit on 22/12/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

boncho
I have too many people, want some?

What do they taste like? If they're hot'n'spicy I'll grab a 21 piece.

But original.. meh, you can probably make a decent stir fry with them.

Nothing worse than left over people at christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Count me in.
And Merry Christmas everyone.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Thanks for this. I will be visiting my parents for a bit, so I'm not totally alone on x-mas eve. But yeah, New Year's - alone at home. I don't mind staying home. I prefer it on New Year's eve - but would rather have the company of a sweetheart, for some cozy warmth

Anyhoo, I'll be looking to ATS as usual.

Holidays are not depressing but they are no longer fun for me without little ones in the house, without my husband alive and well, my siblings gone. Glad my parents are here, but worry how many holidays they will be around as they are getting up there.

I don't bother volunteering because many do to feel good on holidays, so it's actually too crowded sometimes to help serve a holiday meal on the actual holiday.

For some reason, this year I'm a wee bit down. I know it's SAD (seasonal affective disorder), overwork, and lousy weather, financial issues, job woes, etc. But, I find myself tearing up at sappy Hallmark holiday tv movies. I was in tears watching It's A Wonderful Life yesterday eve. b

Gotta get a gripe! Need a good CT theory to indulge in

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

I know it's SAD (seasonal affective disorder), overwork, and lousy weather, financial issues, job woes, etc.

Living in the tropics is a sure cure for No. 1 and 3.
Not so much the others but it's a start.
edit on 12/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

beezzer

So I'll be on.

You were here a long time before anyone saw your introduction!
Talk about 'incognito'....lol

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

nugget1

beezzer

So I'll be on.

You were here a long time before anyone saw your introduction!
Talk about 'incognito'....lol

lolz

Funny. Someone dug up my intro about a year or two into my membership.

Yet I've always been a shy, quiet, non-opinionated little bunny.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I dunno think if your alone on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Eve or Christmas Day you 1 either choose to be alone or your not doing something right in your life and should work on your interpersonal communications.

You should probably try and get our more and make new friends who will invite you over for a pint and bangers and mash.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Im not going to see my girlfriend this year for Christmas (im in the UK and she is in the US) as my Father having a cancer operation at the moment and ive chosen to go and visit him on Christmas day. Seeing as visiting hours are only 2hrs a day and it takes over an hour to drive to the hospital ill pretty much be on my own after ive seen him.

So i plan to be pretty drunk as soon as i get back home and im sure ill be online to spread my Christmas cheer. Ill try not to be to obnoxious
lol

edit on 22-12-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'll be popping in to see how everyone is doing. I have plans for Christmas day, but no plans for Christmas or New years eve.

edit on 22-12-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I like cats.
The one in the first picture is kind of funny looking though, as are those in the third.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join