It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bad news for Target shoppers: Hacked credit card numbers now on black market

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

StoutBroux
I almost think this is an inside job. There are 1778 stores in the US. There are a few in Canada, were those hit? Anyway, how could someone get all the Target stores information unless it is all held in one location? I didn't think any stores held there data all in one location.

I worked for a company where I was responsible for nearly $5-Million each month for Membership-Dues.

I think it is MOST-ECONOMICAL to have ONE-CENTRAL-POINT ( Corporate-Headquarters ) to process Checks and Credit/Debit Cards. The connection to the Financial-Institutions is/are MOST-LIKELY a "Private-Connection"(s) ... AND ... thus MORE EXPENSIVE connections".

HOWEVER

Between the Stores and Corporate-Headquarters?

I will make the "GUESS" that the Point-of-Compromise was most likely at the "ONE-CENTRAL-POINT" ... ( whether intentional or unintentional-accident or malware or network-hacking ).

BUT

Sentiment: REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY FIND ... THIS EVENT "SHOULD" BE OF "GREAT INTEREST" !!!
edit on 21-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Get rid of pin numbers and put thumb print readers on ATMs and card readers and plug in card readers for computers.

Anyone that used there card at target need to get another card as the people that now have your number may not use the information for 6 months.
By then many will not be checking there card use as closely.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

and that is why i use cash

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

No miles with cash.
No points.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Reason No. 1 on why I don't have my ATM card debit capatible. An ATM card POS (point of sale) feature still works at most stores.

My credit card - can be contested and canx with minimal damage to ones cash account. Stealing my CC won't make me bounce any checks nor deplete my accounts.

But I do shop at Target... Hope my life lock will alert me to any fraudulent activities...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

Hope my life lock will alert me to any fraudulent activities...

Lifelock.... the same Lifelock that was fined 12 million by the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive advertising

LifeLock CEO Todd Davis, whose SS number is displayed in the company’s advertisements....

Lifelock who's CEO Todd Davis been a victim of identity theft at least 13 times... thanks to posting his SS number for all to see...and his own company couldn't stop it????

Dude... Lifelock ????? Really... ????

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

HardCorps

ChuckNasty

Hope my life lock will alert me to any fraudulent activities...

Lifelock.... the same Lifelock that was fined 12 million by the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive advertising

LifeLock CEO Todd Davis, whose SS number is displayed in the company’s advertisements....

Lifelock who's CEO Todd Davis been a victim of identity theft at least 13 times... thanks to posting his SS number for all to see...and his own company couldn't stop it????

Dude... Lifelock ????? Really... ????

Notice the dot dot dot after my statement? AKA I'm not sure it'll happen dots.

It works..but not fast enough. My credit union has better (and free) fraudulent protection than lifelock. I figured lifelock would be similar to a real monitoring service.

Applied for a loan - it only took them an entire day to notify me.

But it is better than nothing (starting to seem more like nothing). I should have bought service through equifax - which I will. They are having a family special at the moment and they include the privacy monitoring at no charge.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Anyone who used their card at Target, and ignored the warnings by not cancelling the card deserves to have their accounts wiped clean. I mean come on, use some common sense people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join