It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LGBT community should be outraged!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

As members we may make a difference in someones life, for better or worse. But yep, a lot of it is just blowing off steam, or I would prefer to killing off the boredom with conversation.

I would rather converse here, or better yet, out on the town than watch DD. I shut my cable off except for internet a long time ago because I couldn't see myself paying for something I rarely used.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

g146541
Meanwhile as Rome burns....
Benghazi
DHS transporting illegals
ATF gunwalker/fast and furious
EPA everything
Various planned shootings
NSA spying on the world
Many more problems to infinity...
We are distracted by an orchestrated division of the peoples.
Sometimes I wonder how the race survives...
Maybe the PTB holds back a little sometimes so the slaves will not kill themselves off totally.
Gotta have at least a few of em to make my coffee.
Speaking of which, I need to make some coffee.

Plus a hundred other things people are being deflected away from.
Why do you think we have labels in the first place? So when our "Label" is attacked we drop everything else and lose all perspective and rationale and just go at it.

Look at all the movements and protests from a few years ago, some gained real momentum and could have affected real change "Occupy & Tea Party" but both were infiltrated, both were vilified and both attacked and brought each other down.... no need for any shadowy figures to really do much.

We are our own worst enemies.

TPTB know that and as long as we give a crap about reality TV stars and Gay Bakers and so on, they keep getting away with genocide, Atrocities and syphoning all of the money out of the pockets of the ordinary citizens and into their bank accounts.

These are issues... Homophobia, Racism, Xenophobia, Misogyny et al.... they really are, and the longer people judge and discriminate and persecute others based on these things, the longer those at the top have us by the strings.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

It's not like we really accomplish anything here,
Do we?

Do our comments make a difference in the world or are we all just blowing off steam?

You're right.... but if we can just change one mind, if one person...

Na.. you're right

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Irony much???
Star to you!
I read your post just after mine, and yep!!!
We got bigger fish to fry, and America is starving because stupidity does not provide vitamins and minerals.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

stupidity does not provide vitamins and minerals.

But comments get stars and flags

Let's write a song.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

TDawgRex

Stormdancer777
and yet you find yourself posing on the topic.

I've avoided this topic until today, but have read the posts and news. It's like a kiddies version of the GZ trial. It's hard to look away when so many people are talking about it. I guess I'm just a rubbernecker looking at the crash.

Do we?

Do our comments make a difference in the world or are we all just blowing off steam?
edit on 103131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

You ARE thinking!
We are just bouncing theory off of other "like minded" individuals.
Of course nothing of importance is EVER discussed or done on ATS, it is purely an entertainment site.
Nothing more.
The good stuff gets a fat 404 to the head.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

network dude
First off, if you are in the LGBT community and are fine with that, so am I. It's not for me to judge. We are all granted life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, however you see it. But, we also have a few other rights at least in the Unites States. We have freedom of religion, we have freedom of speech. Those freedoms are for all of us.

For anyone to try to stop another for voicing their opinion takes away one or more of those rights. Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame spoke out about his views on homosexuality. Since they are his views, that's fine. If the media station that has his show wishes to not air it due to his words, that's their right as well.

But the LGBT community should be OUTRAGED that anyone is trying to stifle his freedoms! The LGBT community has fought for their rights to openly show their sexuality and be public about it. If they don't step up and say something about this, their rights may be next on the chopping block.

What's good for the goose, is also good for the gander.

And I feel that the Robertson's should pull their contract and shop for another network.

Yeah I get your point, we all have rights, some of us seem to want more rights than everyone else.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

blupblup

Stormdancer777

Do we?

You're right.... but if we can just change one mind, if one person...

Na.. you're right

One member here has helped me immensely with quitting smoking. Never snarky, nor rude. Just supportive and occasionally checks up on my progress. Great person, let’s me rant and rave and always responds quickly and calmly. He’s better than any of those cessation programs you see on line.

So yes, people’s comments do have an effect on others here. As long as you try to keep an open mind, and not take things personal.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

g146541

Stormdancer777

TDawgRex

Stormdancer777

I've avoided this topic until today, but have read the posts and news. It's like a kiddies version of the GZ trial. It's hard to look away when so many people are talking about it. I guess I'm just a rubbernecker looking at the crash.

Do we?

You ARE thinking!
Of course nothing of importance is EVER discussed or done on ATS, it is purely an entertainment site.
Nothing more.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!

I have often imagined ATS with no rules, maybe we could ask for no rules on Fridays.

Not to the extent of being mean to one-another, but on the humorous side.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why are you watching shows like this?

It only encourages them to make more of the same. Is your time worth so little to you?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well, that's good to hear,

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

g146541

Stormdancer777

TDawgRex

Stormdancer777

Do we?

You ARE thinking!
Nothing more.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!

I have often imagined ATS with no rules, maybe we could ask for no rules on Fridays.

Not to the extent of being mean to one-another, but on the humorous side.

You sound like a nice person, hugs?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

TDawgRex
One member here has helped me immensely with quitting smoking. Never snarky, nor rude. Just supportive and occasionally checks up on my progress. Great person, let’s me rant and rave and always responds quickly and calmly. He’s better than any of those cessation programs you see on line.

So yes, people’s comments do have an effect on others here. As long as you try to keep an open mind, and not take things personal.

Well as I'm sure you already know, I wasn't talking about personal, individual friendships.
I'm not saying the site is utterly meaningless and pointless, we're a community... a real place and as such friends are made, relationships, fun is had, information is shared and lives changed.

What I meant was in terms of affecting real global change, political change, changes to the law or changes for the betterment of human kind.
All of these things are essentially against ATS T&C and as someone else said, any real or good or accurate info will get pulled and deleted pretty quickly.

ATS is Solely an entertainment site.
It's original purpose may have been education and to affect change and enlighten people, but things have changed and now we have what we have.
A fun discussion board where like minded people can bounce ideas around and have fun and debate while doing so.

That's it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

CaptainCaveMan
Yeah I get your point, we all have rights, some of us seem to want more rights than everyone else.

It seems to me that GLAAD wants more rights than anybody else. Maybe we should give a "Protected" status. Here in the US we have more "Hate" crime laws than you can shake a stick at.

Even though we already had laws in place that identified and prosecuted the same crimes. They just tacked on the word "Hate".

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Sung to the tune of the Beverly hillbilly's.

Come and listen to mah story bout a man named phil,
Racist homophobic needed to get his pockets filled.
Then one day he was doin Q and A,
And out from his mouth came a violent spray!

Racism that is... and some talk of the queers...

Well the next thing ya know old phil was in the news
Kinfolk said phil you gone and riled the blues...
Said our IPO was goin through the roof,
And all this money rollin in is the god's honest proof.

Distraction that is, got em hoodwinked.

Sorry, best I could do off the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I live my life just like I put it out online.
I don't shop at the mega lowmart, I don't have a bank account, I am a steadfast supporter of our god given rights, (one of those rights more than the rest though)...
Your friends and those around you will see how you are, and if they like and trust you, they may realize there is some thing real to what you say.
I make folks envious with my cooking and carefree style.
I only sweat the ....hmmm, I don't sweat at all I guess.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So I was thinking about this whole thing and a thought occurred to me... what if the Duck Dynasty guy was a minority or belonged to a different religion, say Islam. Or both!

Wouldnt that be the ultimate Gordian knot? I mean who gets the short end of that stick? The ultimate turd sandwich. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm in no way crying reverse racism or taking up for Christians here. Just wondering what you ladies and gentlemen think about that scenario...

I mean with our society's propensity to freak anytime someone makes an offensive comment towards anyone or anything not belonging to the dominant group, what happens when both parties involved are part of the subordinate? Is there public outcry or does this even become an issue that hits the headlines? (I use dominant and subordinate here solely in the sociological context, relax. Me feeling the need to type this parenthetical endnote illustrates how much I've come to expect hyper sensitivity in societal interactions, and I like to play nice until given a reason not to.
)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

g146541

I live my life just like I put it out online.
I don't shop at the mega lowmart, I don't have a bank account, I am a steadfast supporter of our god given rights, (one of those rights more than the rest though)...
Your friends and those around you will see how you are, and if they like and trust you, they may realize there is some thing real to what you say.
I make folks envious with my cooking and carefree style.
I only sweat the ....hmmm, I don't sweat at all I guess.

I have literally no idea what you're trying to say there LOL

But yeah, cool, thanks... no worries?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I doubt he is racist

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join