It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Illuminati? Yahoo Posts Alleged List Of Celebrities Who Rep The Occult Sign And More Con

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

“No stars are members of the Illuminati because an organized and powerful group such as this cannot, does not, and will never exist. What does exist is normal, otherwise rational human beings with a propensity toward natural brain processes to find patterns and meanings in random events that are not actually connected. This phenomenon is called ‘confirmation bias,’ or, looking for evidence that confirms the theory one wants to be true.”

What Is The Illuminati? Yahoo Posts Alleged List Of Celebrities Who Rep The Occult Sign And More Conspiracy Theories

So, the news article starts stipulating some interesting facts, yet quotes "The Liberty Voice" with the above...

What I find interesting, is that the user "Chilluminati" *cough*, posted this... and I'm iterating it here because i find it relevant.

So 'The Liberty Voice' say that the illuminati doesn't exist...well doesn't the record label 'Roc-a-fella' blatantly promote one of the biggest families names, one of the most richest, and one of the most controlling of the large companies in the USA - "Rockefeller". Ok so none of these artists would belong to an 'Elite group' and they are all promoting Jay-z's record label, I agree. But to think that "Confirmation Bias" is the answer is totally messed up. So the world is random an no direction in sight? Thats even more scary than one that is being controlled.

Roc-a-fella = Rockerfeller.

JayZ is simply using the trend of the term "Illuminati" to promote his own agenda. He doesn't belong to such a group, neither do the other artists, but they promote their agenda, buy promoting JayZ's own record label 'roc-a-fella'.

On that note, Google trends reports that there was 50,000 searches world wide yesterday for the term 'Illuminati'.

(post by OmegaSynthesis removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a clever way to get free publicity.

I don't buy it. Even if it were true, I still wouldn't care about those celebrities.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Greetings. I am a member of the semi-secret society known as [Illuminati]

www.youtube.com...

Game On. Initiating Contact Sequence

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The illuminati is a name commonly used by conspiracy theorists to blame everything on, even when they don't know a single thing about the name, or what it represents. The illuminati is now the new bogyman.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-12-2013 by ELectricalApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

Is a music band a conspiracy too?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-12-2013 by ELectricalApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

monkey see monkey do

evolve, anyone?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
My wife works with a girl who is so clueless that every picture she has on her FB account is of her with a duckface.

She came up to my wife and was talking about the illuminati. My wife told me, "Hey, you read that stuff...." and then told me the story. I just looked at her and said, "No."

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They took this article down some short hours after it was published. I commented and my comment was deleted within 10 minutes.. before the whole article was removed. So yeah, judge for yourself what the media is trying to portray the Illuminati puppets agendas as. Only you can decide what to believe.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Im a Marty

the Illuminati because an organized and powerful group such as this cannot, does not, and will never exist.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

What are you afriad of [truthers]?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

ELectricalApprentice

What are you afriad of [truthers]?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I always get a kick out of anything that can remotely be considered MSM talking about Secret Societies and how no one Admits being in said Society...

What is the First Rule of FIGHT CLUB?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

In addition to you quoting your own post directly above it, what are your random youtube vids supposed to be proving anyway?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Just because a celeb makes some "sign" that is purportedly an occult or secret society symbol does not then mean they are a member of such organisation.

To start with, the "Illuminati" are non-existent, ficticious, made up. There was apparently a real one, back in 1776, the Bavarian Illuminati, but that died out and there is nothing left of it today. From what I have been led to believe (which i take with an immense amount of proverbial salt) is they were a group of people who believed themselves to be enlightened and looked to illuminate themselves and the world with knowledge. Apparently modeled on Freemasonry (of which we're all evil, donchaknow
)

Therefore, if it were real, which it is not, then I highly doubt celebrities would be high on the list of members. Such an organisation is looking for enlightened, intelligent free-thinkers. Not stuck up idiots like Chris Brown, Kanye West or the rest of those moronic clowns.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Chamberf=6

In addition to you quoting your own post directly above it, what are your random youtube vids supposed to be proving anyway?

That he's probably a spammer. Seen him on other threads doing the same kind of nonsense.

To the OP: I remember walking through the grocery store and seeing a Life special issue on secret societies last year. It was the strangest thing and I really have to wonder every time I see one of these articles being churned out by MSM. Are they simply pandering to interest/curiosity and catching a ride on a subject that they feel is growing in interest? Or are they deliberately messing with people? I'm tending towards the former that they are simply profiting off of a growing interest.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
To the OP: I remember walking through the grocery store and seeing a Life special issue on secret societies last year. It was the strangest thing and I really have to wonder every time I see one of these articles being churned out by MSM. Are they simply pandering to interest/curiosity and catching a ride on a subject that they feel is growing in interest? Or are they deliberately messing with people? I'm tending towards the former that they are simply profiting off of a growing interest.

I don't think they're messing with people. I reckon it's simply an interesting or "flavour of the times" type of interest piece that captures people and invites them into the magazine.

Again, the idea of secret societies and organisations are "very big" in recent years. Dan Brown's novels (bunk, if you ask me but you didn't) helped to drive that new interest in secret societies.

This website itself panders to the "fringe dwelling" topics, hence there is obviously a big social interest in this stuff.

So i don't think it's an indications of any "revelations" or secret knowledge about to be made public or anything like that - it's just a current popular culture trend. It'll pass and become something reviled, much as it was in years gone by, and then some Hollywood film will come out and renew public interest. Repeat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join