It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch 2014

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
further to: muzzy
back down again?
2014/08/21 23:50:20, 64.61971, -17.45851, 4.322km, 3.89ML
hraun.vedur.is...
entry #811

and that is what I'm showing on Iceland EQ Archives map and graph

edit on 0800000023223214 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

revised (more accurate to 5 decimal points) location on GMapAug2014
edit on 0800000023223214 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

dammit, I just looked again and they have now changed it to 4.7 (line 811) . Must have caught that page before an update.
i give up
edit on 08u23223214 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzy

Dose any one know of any live video webcams of Baroarbunga? Not the ones that you have to refresh to get a new picture, but actual video. You'd think with all the eyes that are on it there would be one some where on the net. It would be really cool to see the eruption live

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90
a reply to: muzzy

Dose any one know of any live video webcams of Baroarbunga? Not the ones that you have to refresh to get a new picture, but actual video. You'd think with all the eyes that are on it there would be one some where on the net. It would be really cool to see the eruption live

Mila has "live" webcam. I said "live" because in theory its streaming webcam that plays video, but seems like it has some lag and it makes frequent stops. But its hard to see how live it actually is, as there is no waving trees or something. And it lacks the clock.
www.livefromiceland.is...

RSOE EDIS shows that 4,7 mag quake was at 10km, but EMSC shows it was only 2km deep, while Iceland Met Office shows it at 4,3km deep. It was so strong that it showed in Steinar Midtskogen's seisometer in Oslo.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Something appears to be changing. The regular fluctuations of the past few days have changed.

Source

Can someone please clarify?

Bishop
edit on 8/22/2014 by Bishop2199 because: I like change.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Found interesting site which shows the quake depth and magnitude in 3d, updating every 60 seconds. You can switch it showing either all earthquakes or just confirmed ones. The bigger the balloon is, the stronger the quake was. It shows the graph from south, so the main caldera is on the left. You can see that the main caldera has stronger quakes, but the new fissure has more small quakes.

baering.github.io...

edit on 22-8-2014 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ubinas Volcano, Peru Erupts yesterday 8-21-2014

Links:
www.microsofttranslator.com...
thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
From what is understand, Bárðarbunga caldera is getting lower. This is the result of escaping magma underneath the caldera. The magma is going to new, about 25km long intrusive dike at 5km to 10km depth. The earthquake count has decreased, but now there are some stronger earthquakes in Bárðarbunga caldera, like two 3.6 magnitude quakes 3 hours apart. Harmonic tremor is still ongoing as magma is flowing into new dike, which seems to be getting wider. Its estimated that there is 200 million cubic meters of magma inside the dike.

Met Office: 25km long dike formed

www.jonfr.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The eruption could be imminent i think, the harmonic tremors have gone up and steam seems to be rising from the area of bardarbunga.

hraun.vedur.is...

en.vedur.is...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Over the last six hours, seismic activity has been intense in the Bardarbunga region. The dyke intrusion in Dyngjujokull outlet glacier has propagated about 5 km. to the north. Increased tremor is thought to be associated with the propagation of the dyke.

The northern end of the dyke intrusion is now thought to be 2 - 4 km from the edge of the Dyngjujokull, in an area where the glacier is 2 - 400 meter thick, says Kristin Jonsdottir, geophysicist at the Icelandic Met Office. The rate of earthquakes has increased such that they are happening so quickly that it is difficult for the seismologist to discern individual events.

www.ruv.is...

Code red
edit on 23-8-2014 by earthling42 because: insert link

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
this webcam on Katla volcano seems to be shaking quite a bit. does anyone know if the shaking could be related to the activity at Baroarbunga?

www.livefromiceland.is...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A smal eruption has started, update to follow.

A small lava-erupti­on has been detected und­er the Dyngju­jök­ull glacier. Dyngju­jök­ull is a part Vatna­jök­ull, not far from Bárðarbunga.

The Icelandic Co­ast Guard airpla­ne TF-SIF is flying over the area with representati­ves from the Civil Protecti­on and experts from the Icelandic Met Offic and the Institu­te of Earth Sciences. Data from the equip­ment on bo­ard is expected later today.

Data from radars and webca­meras are being recei­ved, show­ing no signs of changes at the surface.

The estima­te is that 150-400 meters of ice is abo­ve the area.

The aviati­on col­or code for the Bárðarbunga volcano has been changed from orange to red.

edit on 23-8-2014 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

It seams to be bouncing quite a bit. None of the others are moving like it but many variables could come in to play on a remote camera. Guess the first question is does it normally bounce like this or is it a new thing

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: batcrapcrazy

indeed. maybe high winds? i don't know if the movement is normal.

thanks

edit on R2014rd2014-08-23T09:39:47-05:0020140am2344 by RoScoLaz4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

one would think that hot lava and ice would give one heck of a steam explosion. IMO just a matter of time till steam pressure overcomes the cooling effect of the ice and pressure due to ice depth. Should be a grand show

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i think it is indeed related to the activity at Bardarbunga, the seismic activity has increased and the earthquakes are stronger, an m4.5 just now and lots of m2+

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4
I had a heck of a time just getting connected to it. all other came up instantly.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"WarningIt is believed that a small subglacial lava-eruption has begun under the Dyngjujökull glacier. The aviation color code for the Bárðarbunga volcano has been changed from orange to red."

en.vedur.is...=vatnafar

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I know this is a shocker but USGS shows nothing on its map greater than 2.5 since yesterday

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: batcrapcrazy

Look at this page

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join