OK, the raw Verdur SIL data is about 4 hours behind the earthquakes during
the last 48 hours (Preliminary results) page
. You have to expect that when dealing with hundreds of quakes per hour.
But here is where things go wonky....
below is an example is the last one on my downloaded list of raw data, and matched with the preliminary entry on the 48 hour list
Preliminary off the 48 hour list
Date Time, Latitude, Longitude, Depth, Magnitude, Quality, Location
21/08/2014 06:30:24, 64.683, -16.967, 10.0 km, 2.6, 99%, 15.8 km SE of Kistufell
Raw data (reviewed)
21/08/2014 06:30:24, 64.6832, -16.96706 10.003, 2.27, 100%,
2.6 versus 2.27, quite a difference.
my expectation is that 4.0ML @ 21.08.2014 10:58:09, 64.670, -17.456, 3.1 km, 99%, 4.8 km NE of Bárðarbunga
will come down below 4
looking at the bigger picture ..........
the link to Iceland Aug 2014
on EQ Archives, I've fallen behind big time (like 9.5months!!) ,
mainly because the SIL data takes a ton of formatting to get the kml file right. I also decided in April 2013 to go from M1+ to ALL quakes, so there
is still a lot of work to do there.
you will see Iceland 2013 on the dropdown list off Iceland at the top.
Quite an interesting site the IMO have, still finding stuff that I didn't know was there, everything has to be translated of course.
had a chuckle when I translated the text for the Tremors link, Órói hraun.vedur.is...
on the page itself the title translates as "Click on the red squares to see turmoil tomb"
and "turmoil grave" must be the archive hraun.vedur.is...
edit on 08u23223214 by muzzy because: (no reason given)