It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Moon Rover: Picture of Mushroom Cloud over Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Move along, nothing to see here
Ir0nM0nkey shown that the following image from China's Moon Rover was a stock image. Thank you Ir0nM0nkey.

Ir0nM0nkey
It's a stock photo...

www.snoron.com...

Regards,

Edited for link
edit on 17-12-2013 by Ir0nM0nkey because: (no reason given)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just seen this on another site I visit. Please remove if already posted, thank you.

You can clearly see a Mushroom Cloud over Europe on the background drop to the Moon Rover

Anybody else notice this? Why the hell would they put that there?
edit on 17-12-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Interesting. . .I don't know why that would be there. Unless we're supposed to somehow make a connection that the need for the space program might deter such an event?

Or maybe China is planning something. Not sure, but I guess I could surmise.

edit on 12 17 2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Maybe Americans aren't the only ones fed crap and kept in the dark. It kind of makes me feel better to see mushrooms in Europe too.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Europe?
Is that even Earth?
Its at a weird angle if it is.

Its still interesting why a mushroom cloud would be there at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Creepy stuff.

Are you positive the mushroom cloud is on the original poster that it hasn't been edited in some way after being posted on the internet?

(Just asking.)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

justreleased
Creepy stuff.

Are you positive the mushroom cloud is on the original poster that it hasn't been edited in some way after being posted on the internet?

(Just asking.)

Google; China Moon Landing Launch

There's a couple of different images showing this

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

OneManArmy
Europe?
Is that even Earth?

Are you serious? Maybe you should look at a globe sometime. Notice Saudi Arabia.

The mushroom cloud appears to be over Poland or Ukraine, maybe latvia.. Somewhere in there.. pretty sure the US has missile defense sites in that area.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Thanks. It just seems so strange but if it's real then I wonder what's the intended message. Is it a threat? Maybe they plan to launch a missile from the moon or a satellite. Is that even possible?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I found the pic online and it has that same mushroom cloud ...This kind of thing is weird . I also noticed that there seems to be a kind of plasma reaching into space too ..different from most pics created of earth ..

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sure as heck looks like a mushroom cloud over some poor former Soviet Nation.

Who wants pizza?

Seriously.
What the heck?

This reminds me of the Chinese video that came out right before the Olympics showing London being bombed with hip, slick and cool music playing.
edit on 17-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Dustytoad

OneManArmy
Europe?
Is that even Earth?

Are you serious? Maybe you should look at a globe sometime. Notice Saudi Arabia.

The mushroom cloud appears to be over Poland or Ukraine, maybe latvia.. Somewhere in there.. pretty sure the US has missile defense sites in that area.

Actually it may be Moscow.

Rember Russia and China dont exactly have a warm relationships and the Russia/China space agencys are probbaly more of a rival than China/NASA

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Doh! Someone at China's Ministry of defense is gonna lose their heads over this one. How could they so stupidly swapped out their entire Nuke attack map with a simple banner.

If this was North Korea someone would be standing on a red X under a mortar shell.

(all that was satire)

I am betting it is Photoshopped. No good reason and no proof for my thoughts, other than the utter ridiculousness of it being real that is.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Do you even know where Europe is? lol!
It obviously depicts the site in the south west of the country where the rover was launched. It's a bit out of place to be honest but I'm sure it's just that. Nice of you to bring this thread from godlikeproductions to ATS

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'd say it's Russia. Pretty certain.

edit:

correction. According to google earth...it's either latvia, Luthuania or Estonia.
edit on 17-12-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Dustytoad

OneManArmy
Europe?
Is that even Earth?

Like I said about weird angle.

Because I didnt foresee Africa being where the arctic should be.
And no, I have never owned a globe.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

crazyewok

Actually it may be Moscow.

Rember Russia and China dont exactly have a warm relationships and the Russia/China space agencys are probbaly more of a rival than China/NASA

hmm yea I could see that. I guess I don't get the symbolism. "Death to Russia's space dominance?"

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Looking at the different pics of this on Google and it's in each one.

That said, zooming in the jpg to 1600% shows the black outline around the explosion. Looks like it was copy and pasted in after the fact and not with Photoshop, more like MS Paint. Also the pixilization around the left side looks like someone tried to blur it by smudging. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Dustytoad

hmm yea I could see that. I guess I don't get the symbolism. "Death to Russia's space dominance?"

Most likley.

Russia and China are the only country with a manned space program now. So Russia is China main rival.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
I'd say it's Russia. Pretty certain.

edit:

correction. According to google earth...it's either latvia, Luthuania or Estonia.
edit on 17-12-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

That's what I was saying.. Actually your avatar would be good help to some others who aren't seeing what we mean.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

justreleased

Pretty sure.

Here's a bigger version of the image if anyone is interested: Link

I don't think there's much to read into to be honest. I've seen a ton of gaffes in marketing before. They probably used some form stock image (quite possibly one designed for sci-fi, war, video games) instead of doing the image in house. But you'd think that someone down the line would have raised an eyebrow over it and edited it out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join