It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher to student: You can't be Santa -- you're black!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

He may have been a real man, but at best you can say Father Christmas is based on him, he is not st nicholas.
And because he's only based on him, it means he can be a different coulour.
Real people dont have flying reindeers, or elves working for them or a supernatural knowledge of naughty acts or are able to fly all around the wolrd in one night.
To be annoyed that somene might view him as black seems the least of the differences between Father Christmas and St Nicholas.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

"Aw, quit fussing Mr. Wing, come sit on my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas. Have you been good? I'm just messing with you, I know you have."

And my apologies for having a little fun. Santa is universal, and yours happens to be St. Nikoli, maybe that's all you're saying. Tis the season for goodwill to men, and so it tis.

edit on 16-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Rock on with yo bad self Funky Claus!!!

www.latimes.com...

Now if we could only get Lil' Jon to dress up as Santa...

Kid on Santa's Knee: "I want a PS4."
Lil' Jon: "WHUT!?!"
Kid on Santa's Knee: "A PS4."
Kid on Santa's Knee: "A PS4?"
Kid on Santa's Knee: "To play videogames?"
Lil' Jon: "O-KAAAY!!!"

-Peace-
edit on 16-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Link

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Seeing as Santa Clause is based on saint Nicolas who is Greek then neither black or white people should be playing him.

Here is his face reconstructed from his skull

Source

edit on 16-12-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In fact wouldnt St Nicholas, really really not like Father Christmas, wouldnt he view him as a witch or demon or something.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I'm gonna offend people here and say that actually looks like a black father christmas!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

WilsonWilson

I'm gonna offend people here and say that actually looks like a black father christmas!

Yes African Americans would be offended at being called Greek and Greek people would be offended if they were called African American.

St Nick looks neither African or Jamaican not that many people know the facial difference's between either.

edit on 16-12-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
Seeing as Santa Clause is based on saint Nicolas who is Greek then neither black or white people should be playing him.

I don't have any problem with black, red or purple people portraying him, I simply think the howls and hysterical sobbing of zombie leftists when anyone mentions a fact, is comical and ridiculous.

Caucasian race (also Caucasoid)[1] is the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western, Central and South Asia.[2] The term was used in biological anthropology for many people from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.[3]

Caucasian race
"White" is colloquial for Caucasian

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

WilsonWilson

Yes African Americans would be offended at being called Greek and Greek people would be offended if they were called African American.

Well isnt that sad...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You all were better off making sexualized Santa jokes.

ITT:
- Posters complaining that Santa is white based upon personal feelings
- Posters claiming that Santa is white based off of a Greek individual in a time where that section of Europe was under control of Middle Eastern influences, and had been for hundreds of years (That skin isn't white)
- Posters giving out legitimate cultural concerns when Santa is changed froma seemingly White individual to other skin tones
- Posters reacting by calling said posters racist when they weren't being racist
- Legitimate racists actually posting about how Santa is white and should stay white without regards to anything other than their own misguided opinions
- Disgustingly liberal posts that have nothing to do with the issue at hand
- Disgustingly conservative posts that have nothing to do with the issue at hand
-TheOneElectric wondering why no one picked up that phone because he #### called it

I still believe in you, ATS. I still believe in you.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

You forgot one:

- The "holier-than-thou" that attempts to rub everyones noses in someone elses crap.

-Peace-
edit on 16-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Bah Humbug!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

That's me, bub.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Eryiedes
reply to post by werewolf99

That's a crap example.
Guess what?
The Honeymooners were white.
Hollywood rebooted them as black.
And I say "so what?".
Just admit you're a actually closet racist and move on.

-Peace-

Your attitude in this thread is disgraceful ,it's not acceptable for you to be so carelessly branding people here racists when nothing racist of any sort has been said.

You type peace at the end of every message but your the most hostile user in the thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wonder if this teacher is one of the posters from the "Jesus and Santa were white" thread??
You know, taking their online crusade out into the real world?

Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

tinner07
Let a white kid play MLK in a play in a black school then we can talk. until then santa is white.

If the guy really said that it is stupid. National newsworthy? you be the judge.

Pretty sure this all started by some black congresswomen? saying why cant we have a black santa

What??

Santa is a purely fictional character created by Coca-Cola.

MLK was real.... and really black.

Not that I personally have any problem with any actor or race playing any other from history.
But your argument/reasoning is stupid.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

blupblup
I wonder if this teacher is one of the posters from the "Jesus and Santa were white" thread??
You know, taking their online crusade out into the real world?

Wouldn't surprise me.

The teacher didnt have a crusade, he made a thoughless comment to student, and he went to the school themselves and told them, and he has apologised.

Whether you think Santa is black or white, you dont tell a young person who's dressed up as him, that he shouldnt because of the colour of his skin.
Looks like the teacher just made a stupid comment, he knows he did it, and no malice was intended,
It's more of a Doh! story to me, rather than a racist one.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

WilsonWilson

Whether you think Santa is black or white,

I think Santa is fiction so arguing over his colour is stupid.
Santa should be black, white or whatever colour the person playing him is.
For anyone to argue that he's one colour or another (as happened in the other thread) is actually insane.

you dont tell a young person who's dressed up as him, that he shouldnt because of the colour of his skin.

No you definitely don't, yet this person did.
But then, just thoughtless yes? No harm done you say?

*sigh*

Looks like the teacher just made a stupid comment, he knows he did it, and no malice was intended,
It's more of a Doh! story to me, rather than a racist one.

He's a teacher and as such know that teaching and the diplomacy needed to be a teacher, and the minefield that he walks through daily is a tough one.
So WTF was he thinking?

It's not so much thoughtless as it is outright insulting and completely out of order.

I'd sue the prick.
edit on 16/12/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
with all this nonsense i think the night of krampus would be a better choice to celebrate since krampus isn't even a man, maybe it might also teach kids and adults who only want to argue over pointless things alike to behave and get along lest they get beat, kidnapped and dragged to hell for eternity.
the way i see it why celebrate christmas if it has become such a hateful celebration of greed, division and anger to so many, being such why not teach about the real spirit of christmas through such a dark image since the jolly santa claus way doesn't seem to work .

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I didnt say no harm done, i said thoughtless and to me from reading the article, the teacher himself relaised he'd said something inappropriate and went to the school himself, and apologised. He's also being disciplined within the school.
The inetersting bit has come from this thread, rather than the story. I agree with you entirely and have already said several times in this post how stupid it is to be angry about a santa of any colour, he's a made up figure.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join