It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher to student: You can't be Santa -- you're black!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

It is old; paintings like this age by going brown and changing colour.
edit on 16-12-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Why do black people take offence to Santa being white? Why is everything lowered to race?

Look, everywhere for pretty much ever depicted Santa as a fat old, white guy.....That is not a slap in the face to blacks, that's just how he was portrayed....Why do blacks have to take offence to that?

This is not about race, this is about how most blacks are way more racist than any white person could ever be! No offence to any blacks here, but I see it more and more as these arguments pop up.....

Santa, imaginary person or not, is a white, fat, old guy with a big white beard....Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (to some I guess)....

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

werewolf99
reply to post by Aleister

It is just politically correct bull#. Characters have traits if you take character traits from a character then it would die. The tradition of gift giving would die without the character of santa claus. What is all this about african countries looking for a white santa: these countries are not christian, christians are in the minority in these countries. Did you really believe the live aid stuff "Do they know it's christmans time again?" No they don't.

Like I said anyone can dreww as they want it is their choice.
But think how it would work in context of films, folktales, etc with a sants with no traits, who looked like nothing or eveyrthing and in terms of chraracter had no traits, he wasn't fat etc.....

How would that work in context if a tale? It wouldn't it would die out or transfer sants into a sort of creature and not a man or something scary.

This is like saying you can't use a nickel-alloy pole on Festivus, but have to use the aluminum pole. I say any metal pole will do, even gold.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

When the honeymooners were made black it was a way to chage their character and give it a new spin by adding black culture.
What has racism to do with a character being white? Every character has to be some race and colour? So what now a new trend every character has to be evry race and character with no traits at all. How is that going to work with tv programs with people not just with the same character bit none at all.
An important part of fiction and folktales is character.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

It is not like changing the colour of a pole.It is more swapping the leading characters in two different things around: like the character played by will smith in the fresh prince of be; air being swapped with james bond. Both good characters but they would both be different. It wouldn't work. In fact it is even worse it is like swapping either for a character with no character and no traits.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

Why do black people take offence to Santa being white?

Why do white people take offence to Santa being Black or Asian or Hindi?
Does it frighten you?
Does it mess with your head?
Does it ruin your Christmas?
Does it make you feel better about yourselves to dump on people trying to celebrate at a time of year for peace because you are such control freaks who are more afraid of change than Stalin?

If THIS is what X-mas means now then I don't want any part of it!

People like you took a time of year for joy and togetherness and turned it into a total clusterfrak.
Congratulations.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

My Personal Santa Happens to be Ute, a Red Skin... My daughters Santa is more of a Mutt and since my oldest thinks she ready for a iPhone... she's really sucking up to Mrs Santa... cause this Santa already said no...

Santa is the embodiment of the Christmas spirit.. He lives in the hearts and minds of children everywhere...

Now let me say... Teachers are there to teach and encourage our children to reach for their dreams not shoot them down and warm their hands over the flaming wreckage... Kid wants to dress up as Santa let em
edit on 16-12-2013 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

It doesn't matter how eloquent you think you are...the racism of your sentiment still comes through loud and clear.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

It is really simple is politicall correctness takes presidence, over characterisation then do not be surprised is christmas dies. Also where are these indian etc.... christians? These people are of a different religion they don't celebrate christmas. CHRIST MAS.

Just someone tell me how a character can have no character and work as a character? Tell me this please.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

No.
I am done with you.
Seek help.

-Peace-

(Political Correctness is just censorship. How on Earth could you frequent ATS and NOT know that?)
edit on 16-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Sorry you misunderstood my post...It had nothing to do with what children believe or how they dress, it was strictly the part and understanding of Santa from recent times throughout recent history....

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would make a guess that santa has been portrayed as a black man in many countries all over the worls, just because he's white in the white countries doenst mean he's white when black families or any other colour celebrate christmas.
He didnt even wear red until an advert made him that way!
He;s not a character from tv or a book or anything liek that he's a mythology that belongs to everybody and therefore is mutliracial.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Nope I didn't misunderstand...
you made a good point
I was merely expanding on it...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Your right OP, Santa comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

St. Nicholas (SinterKlaas; Santa Claus) was a Caucasian, or to use the colloquial, "white".

The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey.

WHO IS ST. NICHOLAS?

It seems many on the left regard being 'white' as some sort of crime, which of course, is not racist at all.

Right?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous. Yet another example of how this world is going down hill. The PC crowd needs reigning in. It's as if people have nothing left to complain about and are going after everything and anything they can. The end result will be medicated, uncreative, obedient workers, as portrayed THX 1138 and Equilibrium.
For the record Santa IS white.
Here is Steve Hughes on being offended.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

I don't know if anyone explained this to you before so I'll be gentle.
It's racist to insist that Santa is white (regardless of tradition) because it reduces the notion of Pere Noel to racial exclusivity...and THAT is intolerable.
I can't make it anymore plain than that.
If you are offended by a black or asian Santa...then YOU are the problem.

-Peace-
edit on 16-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Addition

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Is the teacher Megyn Kelly?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
These stories always make the press at Christmas time I doubt its true.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Eryiedes
reply to post by TheWrightWing

I don't know if anyone explained this to you before so I'll be gentle.
It's racist to insist that Santa is white (regardless of tradition) because it reduces the notion of Pere Noel to racial exclusivity...and THAT is intolerable.
I can't make it anymore plain than that.
If you are offended by a black or asian Santa...then YOU are the problem.

That's your story, wrong of course.

Sinterklaas was in fact, Caucasian.

Does this mean Christmas is only for white folks?

Only the most desperate agenda-driven leftist would suggest that.

Anyone who points out the historical fact that Santa Claus was a Caucasian is guilty of being factually accurate and thought crime.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

TheOneElectric
reply to post by tinner07

ATS EVERYBODY ATS

Close this thread, because I'm telling you it's going nowhere good. Either close the thread or other users moderate by making Christmas related jokes. This is a discussion that gets nowhere and reveals the ugly side of this site.

I agree. But then we get to see which ATS members are truly bigots and racists.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join