It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher to student: You can't be Santa -- you're black!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

TheWrightWing
That's your story, wrong of course.

I'm sorry your parents didn't teach you proper respect for those of other races.

Sinterklaas was in fact, Caucasian.

Does this mean Christmas is only for white folks?

Since I specified "regardless of tradition", this is just piffle.

Only the most desperate agenda-driven leftist would suggest that.

Ah...the left vs right paradigm.
Too bad you can't use it to prove you're not a racist.

Anyone who points out the historical fact that Santa Claus was a Caucasian is guilty of being factually accurate and thought crime.

No..just those who force antiquated rules of propriety on people they have no right to disparage against.
Why don't you go and burn another cross?

-Peace-
edit on 16-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

crazyewok
How can someone THAT DOESNT EXIST be a set race? I dont get it?

Because even a made up character has an origin. Although I'm replying to you Crazeywok, I'm addressing all the overly PC numpties in this thread.

The name Santa Claus has his roots in the informal Dutch name for St. Nicholas, Sinterklaas (an abbreviation of Sint Nikolaas). St. Nicholas was a historic 4th-century Greek saint (from an area now in modern day Turkey) who had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes left out for him.

So either he's a Greek in Turkey, or he's Turkish. (Obviously not black.)

Than there are those who believe he's based on a Nordic god "Odin". Either way, he's not black. Just like how Homer Simpson isn't black. (He's yellow, but you get the point.)

Also, I don't believe in Santa. I believe in Vünter Slauche.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I got the best solution for the debacle that Santa issue of being white is becoming in America the land of "ethnic concoction"

Let ban Santa, the holidays Christmas and anything that obviously devastate the fragile minds and sentiments of the ethnic concoction that is knows as the US of America.

Yes I am been sarcastic this white vs black crap needs to stop.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have to go with the teacher on this one she probably didn't want anyone offended. A blackface Santa just isn't right

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

Eryiedes
reply to post by TheWrightWing

I don't know if anyone explained this to you before so I'll be gentle.
It's racist to insist that Santa is white (regardless of tradition) because it reduces the notion of Pere Noel to racial exclusivity...and THAT is intolerable.
I can't make it anymore plain than that.
If you are offended by a black or asian Santa...then YOU are the problem.

That's your story, wrong of course.

Sinterklaas was in fact, Caucasian.

Does this mean Christmas is only for white folks?

Only the most desperate agenda-driven leftist would suggest that.

Anyone who points out the historical fact that Santa Claus was a Caucasian is guilty of being factually accurate and thought crime.

Caucasions are not necessarily white. You can be a brown/olive skinned Caucasion. See ME, Spanish, Italian, etc. If you don't share Negroid or Asian features, what's left?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Facts are not racist. Facts are not cultural tradition.

I find it interesting how some sort must twist and distort simple common sense to advance some sort of resentful axe grinding...

St Nicholas was a real person, was Caucasian.

Recognising that fact is no more racist than correcting anyone who suggests Jimmy Carter was an Asian woman.

He was also a Caucasian man. (Oh noes! Racist!)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

Facts are not racist.

That's right...but apparently YOU are.

-Good Day-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Can't blame someone for there own self ignorrance can you... Oh wait...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Eryiedes

TheWrightWing

Facts are not racist.

That's right...but apparently YOU are.

-Good Day-

What would we do without a certain ignorant sort who declares something racist, based on.. well, nothing at all?

How would we know what is forbidden to discuss without this 'helpful' sort of person?

We are indeed fortunate.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

mikell
I have to go with the teacher on this one she probably didn't want anyone offended. A blackface Santa just isn't right

Maybe not for you, but i'm sure for black children it feels very right.

the fact is Father christams, santa claus, st nicholas, etc etc etc. is an amalgamation of lots of different myths, legends and historical figures. Why should he stop eveolving now to appease some kind of racial dogma.
He can be black and he can be asian and he can be any colour he wants, because myths evolve, they dont stagnate.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

WilsonWilson
the fact is Father christams, santa claus, st nicholas, etc etc etc. is an amalgamation of lots of different myths, legends and historical figures. Why should he stop eveolving now to appease some kind of racial dogma.
He can be black and he can be asian and he can be any colour he wants, because myths evolve, they dont stagnate.

Multicultural claptrap.

St Nicholas (Sinterklaas) was a real man, not a myth.

I suppose pointing that out is Racist!, too?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

WilsonWilson

You can't reason with racists because racism wasn't inflicted upon them with reason in the first place.
Consider them "lost".

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by HardCorps

Why do black people take offence to Santa being white? Why is everything lowered to race?

Look, everywhere for pretty much ever depicted Santa as a fat old, white guy.....That is not a slap in the face to blacks, that's just how he was portrayed....Why do blacks have to take offence to that?

This is not about race, this is about how most blacks are way more racist than any white person could ever be! No offence to any blacks here, but I see it more and more as these arguments pop up.....

Santa, imaginary person or not, is a white, fat, old guy with a big white beard....Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (to some I guess)....

Why do white Bible thumpers take offense that Christ probably had Middle Eastern features, i.e. not 'white' as depicted in pictures? In fact, he probably resembled one of the 9-11 hijackers.

How dare people apply their own perspective on how Santa, a fictional character, looks? He is a symbol.

You're the one who seems to have issues with race.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Yes but Father christmas is NOT st nicholas, did St Nicholas live in lapland and have flying reindeer?
did he have elves working in a factory making toys? Did he magically know who all the naughty and nice boys in the world were?
NO!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Eryiedes

WilsonWilson

You can't reason with racists because racism wasn't inflicted upon them with reason in the first place.
Consider them "lost".

-Peace-

They dont even make sense.
St Nicholas the person, is not the Santa Claus/father christmas who exists in myth now.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

TheWrightWing
Multicultural claptrap.

What a striking coinsedence...that's EXACTLY what a racist would say.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

well Santa is a fictitious character cant he any colour? Its like saying superman or spiderman must always be white.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

WilsonWilson

Eryiedes

WilsonWilson

Consider them "lost".

-Peace-

They dont even make sense.
St Nicholas the person, is not the Santa Claus/father christmas who exists in myth now.

"Reason", hm?

Santa Claus is derived from Sinterklaas which is shorthand for St. Nicholas, a real person.

I am entertained by witnessing the self preservation of useful ignorance by pretending facts do not exist.

Myths have risen around St. Nick since his death, but he was indeed a real man, and had lighter skin.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Eryiedes

TheWrightWing
Multicultural claptrap.

What a striking coinsedence...that's EXACTLY what a racist would say.

-Peace-

How do we get people to cease identifying multi-culturalism or any other leftist nonsense for the nonsense it truly is?

Silence them with accusations of Racism!

That's how fascism works.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

TheWrightWing
Silence them with accusations of Racism!

Then stop talking like one?

-Peace-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join