It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rubio enrolls family in Obamacare exchange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.tampabay.com...

One of Obamacare's biggest critics is now officially covered under the federal health care exchange: Sen. Marco Rubio. "Senator Rubio spent time looking at all the options and decided to enroll through the D.C. exchange for coverage for him and his family," spokeswoman Brooke Sammon told the Buzz. Rubio took the federal subsidy afforded to lawmakers and staff — a perk worth up to 75 percent of monthly premium costs — that some Republicans wanted to kill off. Some lawmakers who have enrolled in the exchange (The Washington Post is keeping a list) have rejected the taxpayer-funded employer contribution, which is far more generous than most workers get.

Often reality trumps dogma.
As they say “My car ran over your dogma”

The GOP trying to destroy the ACA don’t realize, as flawed as it is, the intent of it is to help people afford relatively inexpensive health insurance and aid in getting poor people health insurance that may save they and members of their family’s lives.

Mt Rubio, a died in the wool staunch conservative dogmatist, THAT ONE COULD REST ASSURE IS AGAINST THIS LAW, realized that this law can save him and his family money. So why not sign up and make life easier for them.

This is why it is called THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT!

Sammon did not say what led Rubio to decide the health care plan was better than what he could have gotten on his own. But those who wanted to keep their employer coverage — and that subsidy — were directed to use the exchange, called DC Health Link. In addition to the subsidy, Rubio and other federal employees also got to pick from far more plans than ordinary people and had access to special customer service to ease their sign ups. "Senator Rubio is following the law, even though he opposes it," Sammon said.

edit on 11-12-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Sammon did not say what led Rubio to decide the health care plan was better than what he could have gotten on his own.

Rubio took the federal subsidy afforded to lawmakers and staff — a perk worth up to 75 percent of monthly premium costs — that some Republicans wanted to kill off.

I can't imagine...
edit on 11-12-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Well imagine that! I bet more sign up.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

the intent of it is to help people afford relatively inexpensive health insurance and aid in getting poor people health insurance that may save they and members of their family’s lives

You really believe that huh?
Did you even read what you posted?

Mt Rubio, a died in the wool staunch conservative dogmatist, THAT ONE COULD REST ASSURE IS AGAINST THIS LAW, realized that this law can save him and his family money. So why not sign up and make life easier for them

Rubio took the federal subsidy afforded to lawmakers and staff — a perk worth up to 75 percent of monthly premium costs — that some Republicans wanted to kill off.

In other words, we don't get that "perk". They should have killed that off. Can you answer me this: for what reason would they want such a perk for themselves?

Now what were you saying about inexpensive health insurance..

The GOP trying to destroy the ACA

You do know that the only people that really save on their insurance are the people that passed the bill, right? I've never seen someone so eager to promote such fraud. It's not the GOP, seriously, it's a large majority of the U.S. If you want it, did you sign up for it? How do your premiums look so far?

I'll wait for your reply.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Rubio is a total D-bag who want's desperately to become one of the "good old boys." He could give a rip about anything but his amazingly high opinion of himself. Which fortunately was recently taken down about 10 pegs by his constituents for his famous "gang of eight" betrayal of Americans.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Well imagine that! I bet more sign up.

You watch they will all sign up yet telling everyone how bad it is.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It's "My Karma ran over your Dogma"

And to quote Dennis Miller, "I'll start calling it the Affordable Care Act when Barak changes his last name to "Affordable"."

So Rubio caved.

Just goes to show that even when politician talk the talk, they can't walk the walk.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

From the section you quoted in the OP:

In addition to the subsidy, Rubio and other federal employees also got to pick from far more plans than ordinary people and had access to special customer service to ease their sign ups

So how does federal employees getting special perks and treatment help us "ordinary folk" out?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Remember, the plans offered to members of Congress are superior to those available to the public. I am not sure this is someone ratifying the Act so much as someone being financially responsible.

However, it is hardly good form for someone who claims to disagree with a program based on political philosophy to at the same time benefit from said program. It is really bad form if this person wants to get re-elected.

Orion

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Rubio be a good litle Republican
and self-deport back to Cuba.
edit on 11-12-2013 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

beezzer

It's "My Karma ran over your Dogma"

And to quote Dennis Miller, "I'll start calling it the Affordable Care Act when Barak changes his last name to "Affordable"."

So Rubio caved.

Just goes to show that even when politician talk the talk, they can't walk the walk.

Rubio is eying a run in 2016 at the White House. So him signing up is a good way to get people to vote for him if the Dems don't like who gets picked for their party. This way it looks like he is a man of the people.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

oriondc
reply to post by beezzer

Remember, the plans offered to members of Congress are superior to those available to the public. I am not sure this is someone ratifying the Act so much as someone being financially responsible.

However, it is hardly good form for someone who claims to disagree with a program based on political philosophy to at the same time benefit from said program. It is really bad form if this person wants to get re-elected.

Orion

Much truth! Too bad so many have such short memories.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What "man of the people" enjoys perks unavailable to "the people"?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

rupertg
Rubio be a good litle Republican
and self-deport back to Cuba.
edit on 11-12-2013 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

Marco Rubio is an American born in Miami.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

beezzer

That little part was supposed to fly under the radar.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

buster2010

beezzer

That little part was supposed to fly under the radar.

(laughing)

Star for that!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Your right Beezer, that’s the right quote. Thanks.

It’s a funny thing. I had seen that slogan on a car license plate and meant to mention that,
but instead I unconsciously wrote car rather than karma.

Anyway, the Rubio thing is a reminder that real life trumps political dogma and when a person can get a better deal for their families the will go for it. I don't blame him for that...though since ALL politicians are obviously brainwashed Manchurian candidates it doesn’t faze Rubio that he may appear to be a hypocrite.

Right or left there are few of them with any shame.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What I'd like to see is one, JUST ONE politician, who;
LOVES Obamacare, and signs up for it without the perks, just like the people.
HATES Obamacare and refuses to sign up for it and pays the fine, just like the people.

Instead, all we see and hear is obfuscations, out-right lies, BS, and hot air!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Politicians have the best health care around, I think, or certainly can afford the best..

Rubio, I’m speculating here, probably paid for private insurance and found out that the ACA would be cheaper for him. Health insurance can be real high for kids.

A better idea is for some of them to go without it and see how that works out.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

oriondc
reply to post by beezzer

Orion

im not quite sure when greed became financial responsibility (personally i think it works better in theory than in practice..... but many would call financial responsibility being responsible for your own cost incursions rather than bilking it from the public..... this is hardly what many conservatives would consider financial responsibility) but i will agree that this is in bad form
edit on 12-12-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join