It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Snowden document shows Canada set up spy posts for NSA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

...Do you really think we would have stood as a country past 1945 without the Americans protecting us?

Yes. We would have made friends with another powerful ally. It's all about the buddy system - and avoiding conflict. As far as the threat of Russia invading our unpopulated Arctic regions, the US would have focused all her might to protect Alaska with or without a formal Canadian alliance. As far as protecting our Arctic resources, the US is in line for the looting.

...Not that I really think any conflict has anything to do with "national" loyalties - it's all about the money, imho - and global corporations run the show. Nations and national leaders are just the clowns in this particular circus.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

I'm guessing Canada is about as "neutral" as Sweden.

Many years ago, there was a public outcry against implementing the Swedish version of NSA style espionage. It literally brought up a #storm from both politicians and the public, that it would be impossible to control within legal limits and that it would be used against the Swedish people.

S& lol. You might be interested in the following articles from Canada's National Post and Globe and Mail.

Tyranny v/s Liberty; Surveillance State v/s Free Society

The spy who read my email

…For years, the NSA and its partners in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom — collectively known as the Five Eyes — have been gaining access to the computer systems that house our email, social networks and other online communications services. They have been breaking encryption protocols, listening to phone calls and scooping up unfathomable amounts of data as it travels across international borders.

Leak s on Five Eyes spy network are fuelling ‘misinformation,’ CSEC watchdog says

...CSEC has a budget of more than $400-million and a staff of more than 2,000, including skilled mathematicians, codebreakers, linguists and programming experts. It is a key player in the Five Eyes surveillance network along with the U.S., Britain, Australian and New Zealand.

The federal government has consistently said that CSEC obeys the law and respects the privacy of Canadians.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ugh. I hate Harper. Maybe Canadians will stop blithely voting Conservative in the next election.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Malynn
Ugh. I hate Harper. Maybe Canadians will stop blithely voting Conservative in the next election.

Sadly, our alternatives are the liberals, I refuse to vote for Trudeau 2.0. It it's painfully obvious that he isn't ready, judging by one idiotic comment after another coming from him. And the NPD? No way in hell. They are screwing up my provincial economy and racking up debt like mad. I don't want a federal NPD government to put us further into the red.

I want a new option.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join