It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Snowden document shows Canada set up spy posts for NSA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

CSEC conducted espionage activities for U.S. in 20 countries, according to top-secret briefing note

A top secret document retrieved by American whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals Canada has set up covert spying posts around the world and conducted espionage against trading partners at the request of the U.S. National Security Agency.

The leaked NSA document being reported exclusively by CBC News reveals Canada is involved with the huge American intelligence agency in clandestine surveillance activities in “approximately 20 high-priority countries."

(Communications Security Establishment Canada) ..."CSEC shares with the NSA their unique geographic access to areas unavailable to the U.S," the document says.

EXCLUSIVE: Snowden document shows Canada set up spy posts for NSA

Okay I'm po'd. Once upon a time Canada was "neutral." This neutrality was always Canada's greatest strength and best defence. Now, Canada shares her "unique geographic access" to areas unavailable to the U.S. And Canada plays a " very robust role in intelligence-gathering around the world." And Canada "can take advantage of its relatively benign image internationally to covertly amass a vast amount of information." So Canada has agreements and relationships that the USA does not have, and abuses the trust given to her.

This is just absolutely stupid, short-sighted and so downright unbelievable I cannot comment.

The briefing notes make it clear that Canada plays a very robust role in intelligence-gathering around the world in a way that has won respect from its American equivalents.

Wesley Wark, a Canadian security and intelligence expert at the University of Ottawa, says the document makes it clear Canada can take advantage of its relatively benign image internationally to covertly amass a vast amount of information abroad.

"Just think of certain foreign agreements or relationships that Canada actually enjoys that the United States doesn't, and under the cover of those relationships, guess what you can conduct? These kinds of secret surveillance or collection efforts."

edit on 10/12/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It appears we are being "Americanized" at an alarming rate. Being Canuck used to be something to be proud of. Now we are gonna be hated on par with the stars and stripes. Even more disgusting, I woke up to this news today...Not just spying on the world...BUT HERE AT HOME TOO!

Ottawa shells out $10.5m to track online gov't-related comments

Telling the government what people are saying about it has become a multimillion-dollar industry in Canada. Ottawa has awarded outside companies $10.5 million worth of contracts for media monitoring so far this year. The contracts involve reading newspapers, Twitter, Facebook and blogs to catalogue what is being said about the government.

Link to full article- thechronicleherald.ca...

I don't like where this is headed...any of it. I wonder what else is going on that us Canadians are "too polite" to talk about.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Harper's government just destroyed centuries of effort that went into securing Canada's reputation and position as a neutral country. This was our "security" in a world buffeted by war and conflict. So our reputation is gone - but we do NOT have anywhere near a large enough population to man the size of military needed to defend one of the largest borders (if not the largest) in the world.

I never had much respect for Harper but now my assessment is reading negatives across the Board. This guy is not just greedy, he's really, really stupid.

edit on 10/12/13 by soficrow because: chnge reply code

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick to give Harper the credit. Doubt if at all he cooked up this idea. This is just him being the good little boy,and doing as he's told.

edit on 10-12-2013 by AccessDenied because: fix quote

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've said it before; I so miss Jean Chrétien's attitude of "get lost Murica!".

But hey, Harper being on the Bilderberger's list of guest even before being Prime Minister was assuredly not good for Canadians, and the world apparently.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

AccessDenied

I wouldn't be so quick to give Harper the credit. Doubt if at all he cooked up this idea. This is just him being the good little boy,and doing as he's told.

We have a better history than the US of our leaders NOT toeing the corporate line and doing what they're told. I agree that Canada has always been a corporate state but also know there's been a huge commitment to 'balance' and at least maintaining the illusion of 'taking care of the people.' Thanks to Harper even that's gone.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
...Harper being on the Bilderberger's list of guest even before being Prime Minister was assuredly not good for Canadians, and the world apparently.

Can't we just tattoo a giant scarlet "B" on their foreheads? O maybe a "T" for toady?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Is it me or is all this Snowden stuff being release just desensitizing the world. Well, here we go again, Just another country in bed with the NSA, whats new?

Is that the Idea to flood the media with Snowden leaks. It will get to the point where the masses won't care anymore about these leaks. '

Just a thought. But if this is the case then Why , what is the end game?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

...what is the end game?

Multinational corporations are wrestling for control of global government. It actually doesn't matter to us who "wins," but the terms of global corporate government should scare your pants off.

edit on 10/12/13 by soficrow because: format

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Skorpy
Is it me or is all this Snowden stuff being release just desensitizing the world. Well, here we go again, Just another country in bed with the NSA, whats new?

Is that the Idea to flood the media with Snowden leaks. It will get to the point where the masses won't care anymore about these leaks. '

Just a thought. But if this is the case then Why , what is the end game?

I think just the opposite. The Snowden Papers (or whatever they will be called) will, as they drip out - I read somewhere on ATS that only 10% of the stuff the reporter was given has been released??!!! - create a counter-action which will free more people, give more privacy, and get the focus back on the folks committing major crimes and not poking around in the virtual living rooms and bedrooms of world citizens everywhere.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If you look at Obama's butt with a magnifying glass it would have Harper's lips all over it.

When is Canadian government gonna grow a backbone like during Jean Chretien's days, i hated that guy for his politics but he didn't want to obey American Government.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Canada ...the Crown Corporation and USA another Corporation are working together you say lol I wonder if maybe those same Jesuits /spies and provocateurs were/are the same bunch behind the curtain ?

One has to wonder about all the wars and treaties signed with the Natives and if it was only to steal resources and build up a army using the dum plebs to attack other countries around the world and inslave them too . naa couldn't be that could it ?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow, that's really disappointing but not a shocker. Now more than ever If you flee from the US to Canada to break free you really didn't get far. Wave to the tentacles above.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Wow I did not know that... Im still proud to be a canuck though.

Our Canadian government is Not that great and yes we have turned to the dark side in recent years. But if Iceland can overthrow their government and banking system why cant we?

We can stand up and make a change, the only thing is EVERY ONE must be on board.

My opinion is this, Either we keep bitching about it or we do something about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

snypwsd

Wow I did not know that... Im still proud to be a canuck though.

Our Canadian government is Not that great and yes we have turned to the dark side in recent years. But if Iceland can overthrow their government and banking system why cant we?

We can stand up and make a change, the only thing is EVERY ONE must be on board.

My opinion is this, Either we keep bitching about it or we do something about it.

Oh I'm patriotic enough,to my country, not my government. As for standing up to make a change, right now I'll take the passive route so I don't get overthrown G20 style. No worries, a day of reckoning will come .

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sigh.

Yes, we Canadians are the best spies in the world. I've been saying it for years, cause how often do you hear of Canada's spy program? That means we do it so well, people forget we do it.

But we do, do it. And we have, in doing so, ruined some of our closest international relationships, because America, scared us into helping out quell the rise of 'terrorism' in the world.

Which was mostly created by our meddling in places we shouldn't be anyway, but that's another thread.

Should be interesting to see what the response is. Whether or no our allies turn our backs or worse, we see some kind of disputes/allegations in world courts.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
*cough* 51st state *cough*

Dudley Do-Wrong

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This subject has been a troubling reality to me for quite some time. It is my belief that a large portion of the world is already operating as one government.

United States and Canada are just two theaters of engagement for the one exclusive club at the top. The borders of these countries are nothing more than a formality for the common citizens. Big banks, big religion, and big military complex are the ones sitting in the seats of power.

Here is a news story from 2006 that didn't get much coverage if you weren't a local

Last month, a secret meeting called the North American Forum was held in Banff. The theme of the three-day event was "Continental Prosperity in the New Security Environment." Dozens of powerful figures from across North America attended. Many of the delegates are rumoured to have arrived at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel by bus in the middle of the night. It all sounds a bit like a conspiracy nut's black-helicopter fantasy, but the North American Forum is real and so was the meeting. The delegates met from Sept. 12 to 14 under the joint chairmanship of Pedro Aspe, the former finance minister of Mexico; Peter Lougheed, the former premier of Alberta; and George Schultz, the former U.S. secretary of state. A number of prominent names from North American business, government and military are listed as participants, including former Canadian cabinet minister Perrin Beatty, Canadian Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Rick Hillier and former U.S. secretary of defence James Schlesinger. Topics included: "A Vision for North America: Issues and Options"; "Toward a North American Energy Strategy"; "Opportunities for Security Cooperation in North America"; "Demographic and Social Dimensions of North American Integration" and "Border Infrastructure and Continental Prosperity."
link

Now Canada and the US have been integrated into the New World Order along with most countries who are beholden to this Spiritual/Banking/Militaristic cabal. It's a done deal on paper. The game now is the slow indoctrination of the citizenry still living with the belief that collectively we run the country. A secondary aspect of this plan is a shared effort to police and monitor any opposing forces.

The question I ask myself now is whether E. Snowden is a part of the plan or a monkey wrench in it. Could he be a provocateur drawing the enemy into the open to be logged and tagged? Or is he the canary in the mine shaft warning us?

The fact that Canada is a double agent doesn't come as a surprise to me or anyone else who's been watching the signs. Look at all the G8 countries they are working together for one goal. Each of them with a role to play. Canada's role is the smiling friend taking you out for beers to lower your defenses and steal your secrets.

The Canada I grew up in was a beacon of compassion, acceptance and neutrality.
Now I wonder if our position as good cop was all just part of the set up.

here are some vids to ponder

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Caught that on the news last night. And guess how long Canada has been in cahoots? Sixty Years

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Aye to the last poster above me.....the truth is we are already 80% sucked into the NWO....been sharing intelligence through ECHELON for 60 yrs now......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join