It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready To Meet Thy Maker

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Well the key there is to know all the people you are effecting even if they aren't currently present when doing the action. For instance when I brought up adultery. Someone like you suggested who misuses moral relativism can argue that adultery is ok because both parties are agreeing to act, but what isn't mentioned is the missing party of the spouse or spouses. These people would be completely upset with their partner doing this. Another is the example ketsuko brought up earlier about child marriage in India. The couple as a whole may be fine with it, but are both parties in the couple ok with it? Most of these marriages are arranged, so one can argue that the child is being married against their will. This is also a violation of the Golden Rule.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

ketsuko

And while no one could see you and you couldn't hurt anyone in the cabin, you could hurt yourself with the drinking binge. It's your responsibility to yourself to temper your urges and maintain some measure of good sense. Going on a drinking binge endangers you and isn't very respectful to your body. That doesn't mean you can't drink, but you shouldn't be going on a binge.

Here's novel idea....

Mind your own business! I won't moralize to you and you don't tell me how to live my life. I'll take personal responsibility for my actions without your input....thank you very much!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Why? What is so wrong with drinking to excess? If one is hurting themselves with it, so what? They are getting enjoyment out of it. They aren't hurting anyone else, so what is the problem? Not everyone HAS to live to old age. Some people like to enjoy their life while they are young. I'm one of them. Just because YOU disprove of the action and value your health doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else should.

I agree. Drinking in excess is sometimes extremely fun with the right people. In my group of friends I have both the ones who are not drinking at all and the beer drinkers (how can you drink that stuff?) and the ones who you will lose to when you are trying to drink the same amount of alcohol. It might not be good for your body but with the right people you can feel a connection that will last you a lifetime. The day after when you feel like crap is a part of the experience.

Strawberry death is priceless. 80% Rom and strawberry flavored liqueur. If you drink it right you will not taste the rom. If you do it wrong your throat will feel very bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Revolution9

We have meteor showers that occur on a regular schedule. These are the remnants of comets and so far that has not happened so no it couldn't. Those are dark ages beliefs proven wrong by science.

Wrong.There is more and more evidence that some virus and bacteria can and do come from space.

In fact, over 2 million pounds of cosmic dust falls to Earth every day.

However, the smaller particles and any microbes and viral particles attached to them, do not burn up. Instead, they fall upon the upper atmosphere, and then slowly drift upon the air currents, sometimes staying aloft for years, crisscrossing the planet, gently falling downward, until finally making a soft landing on whatever is beneath them, be it ocean, river, animal, plant, or woman and man.

And attached to these particles of dust?

cosmology.net...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Cor Leonis
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Who asked you. If you have already read about these issues and are getting tired of them. Why keep reading?

No one has to ask me anything for me to feel compelled to share my opinion. I also feel I am not alone in having this opinion. At this point, everyone who cares about your message has already received it. There's no need to continue blaring it like we've never heard it before.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

i don't mind at all persons bringing the message they feel they need to share and because of Acts.17 I feel like i should keep my eyes open and ears open less i ignore a message that should be heard. Nothing can pain you if you don't participate in it.

17 And it will come about, in the last days, says God, that I will send out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will be prophets, and your young men will see visions, and your old men will have dreams: 18 And on my men-servants and my women-servants I will send my Spirit, and they will be prophets. 19 And wonders will be seen in heaven, and signs on the earth, blood and fire and smoke: 20

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Why? What is so wrong with drinking to excess? If one is hurting themselves with it, so what? They are getting enjoyment out of it. They aren't hurting anyone else, so what is the problem? Not everyone HAS to live to old age. Some people like to enjoy their life while they are young. I'm one of them. Just because YOU disprove of the action and value your health doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else should.

I have seen what drinking to excess does. If such a habit is maintained for extensive periods of time, you will no longer be a functioning human being. You will be a bag of human organic material simply counting the seconds until it is no longer able to autopilot. Every moment of consciousness is focused on fleeting impressions from the immediate environment and the next drop of alcohol. You're not alive, you're just coasting. You are caught in a perpetual state of degeneration that forces you to either drink yourself into a stupor or shut down.

Alcoholism is no joke. Thankfully, I have never been subject to it. But like I said, I have seen multiple examples of what it can do. When you watch a starving, freezing man fret over the lack of an open alcohol container in his immediate vicinity, you quickly understand the terrible toll it takes.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Your scriptures and intentions are wasted on me. I humbly suggest you seek out a more appreciative audience than a filthy heathen such as myself, as I have no taste for, nor interest in, your message.

I don't mean to be rude. I've read it before, and it didn't work the first time, the second, third, or fourth time. A change in approach won't change my reaction to the bottom line...at least, not this time. Just know that all of your efforts are, in all probability, wasted on me. Especially if they include scripture. I can think of much more practical means of making points. Scripture isn't at all relatable from my perspective.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

ketsuko

And while no one could see you and you couldn't hurt anyone in the cabin, you could hurt yourself with the drinking binge. It's your responsibility to yourself to temper your urges and maintain some measure of good sense. Going on a drinking binge endangers you and isn't very respectful to your body. That doesn't mean you can't drink, but you shouldn't be going on a binge.

I love that you care about peoples health when they sometime do not. But sometimes peoples need to let go is greater than peoples need to be physically healthy. The ability to temporarily relax will probably increase the natural recovering of their body (thru the placebo effect) after they have added the water they have lost.

It is mind over matter.

Then there are some people are also not living lives that are as valuable as they should be and then life losses the shine and becomes a curse instead of a blessing. Please do not judge the ones who have been hurt and are trying to make it thru the day. They are trying to wear their cross as best as they can.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Char-Lee

reply to post by AfterInfinity

i don't mind at all persons bringing the message they feel they need to share and because of Acts.17 I feel like i should keep my eyes open and ears open less i ignore a message that should be heard. Nothing can pain you if you don't participate in it.

17 And it will come about, in the last days, says God, that I will send out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will be prophets, and your young men will see visions, and your old men will have dreams: 18 And on my men-servants and my women-servants I will send my Spirit, and they will be prophets. 19 And wonders will be seen in heaven, and signs on the earth, blood and fire and smoke:

I am pretty sure you already know, that they are here already hidden in plain sight.
. We live in interesting times.

Namaste soulsister
edit on 10-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Cor Leonis
reply to post by Cor Leonis

I did not author the Bible and God has never failed. When someone wants to be saved through Christ. Christ has saved them.

And not one person who jumped from the twin towers could your God be arsed saving.... Not one.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

crawley
I have a serious question. It isn't mockery. What did g or jesus risk with the crucifixion? Weren't both aware of his eventual return and immortality? So if nothing was risked, what was the sacrifice?

Well first off I think going and living as a human when you don't have to would be a big thing, but then being physically tortured when you as a non human felt no physical pain and the natural fear a human has of death, these are all huge even if you know it will end well for you.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

"The original plan was heavily edited and did refer to implanted chips."

just a little chime in to say that's true and glad to see someone else saw it then, 2008ish right?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Char-Lee

Your scriptures and intentions are wasted on me. I humbly suggest you seek out a more appreciative audience than a filthy heathen such as myself, as I have no taste for, nor interest in, your message.

I don't mean to be rude. I've read it before, and it didn't work the first time, the second, third, or fourth time. A change in approach won't change my reaction to the bottom line...at least, not this time. Just know that all of your efforts are, in all probability, wasted on me. Especially if they include scripture. I can think of much more practical means of making points. Scripture isn't at all relatable from my perspective.

Should have been clear the scripture was about why I read, not meant for you.

Just wondering why since you clearly find it distasteful and SAY SO OPENLY why you participate in a clearly scriptural thread.

I don't for a moment believe you don't mean to be rude, many of your posts are rude.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Now, keep in mind what I said before that just because I think something is wrong doesn't mean that I have any power to stop you just that I will say it's wrong. This is a theoretical discussion.

I am assuming that a person wants to remain healthy and alive.

Someone who binge drinks puts themselves at serious risk of not remaining healthy and alive.

That's why I said it's wrong. It's intemperate and a serious indulgence in temptation to the point of possibly seriously hurting yourself, not just because you are overloading your body's ability to cope with the alcohol but also because you are overwhelming your own good judgment.

What happens if you binge drink during a serious bout of cabin fever and go running off into the woods without the correct gear, get lost, and die of exposure? You can say that the only person you harmed is yourself, and from a libertarian standpoint which I certainly, legally understand (and support actually), that's fine, but from the viewpoint of a Christian, you just got done hurting yourself intentionally. Perhaps you wouldn't have been so willing to run off and die had you been sober. Perhaps you have family and friends who will miss you terribly, and you have now hurt them by subjecting them to grief due to your ill-advised actions and untimely demise.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Rustami

"The original plan was heavily edited and did refer to implanted chips."

just a little chime in to say that's true and glad to see someone else saw it then, 2008ish right?

Yes, that's right.

On the Obamacare facts website (government website) it states as much and also sees a time where implants be a requirement.

I only found out recently and was really taken aback by this. Truth is stranger than fiction.

I really can't see how they could achieve this without there being a huge backlash from people. It would severely imbalance society. That's what makes me think that it will be used after some catastrophe where it can be easily justified as necessary amid the panic and confusion.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

they were doing a few things then that got edited very shortly afterwards, the pocket Obama on Amazon was another good laugh, specially the comments.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've seen so many religious threads on here, and the bottom line is there is no point in arguing with these people. they have been brainwashed and have made up there minds as to what they want to believe. Now that being said, you know what good for you that you found something that you believe in. Thats great, but there are people that just don't give a crap and have to hear it anyways because of this new thing called the internet.
The thing I will try and explain to this thread starter, before I sit here and bash my own face in with my keyboard.... is very simple logic.
Your bible.... was written by a bunch of men. Second of all. It has been translated many many many times. Its already been proven that there have been mis translations in the bible and that some of the things that you think mean one thing actually mean something else.
Let me put it to you simple, since its usually the simple minded that believe in this god stuff....Not calling you simple minded just making a observation of previous people that I've met that.... well never mind...
You ever played that game telephone as a kid.... you know when you sit in a big circle with about 10 or 15 kids and someone whispers a sentence into the first persons ear and by the time it get around the circle its like nothing even close to what was said. Welllll same deal with the bible except.... like I said, has been re-translated many times and was written by many men.... and is what 2000 years old.....
you do the math and tell me im wrong
you will anyways, I know this cause you put you're faith in god.....and well everyone is wrong and you are right.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by catfishjoe

What if the bible is fiction?

I have proof it is not fiction.

It hasn't been put in the ATS hoax bin yet.

Ah but you never know what you might find in there, maybe even a historical truth capable of setting the average American Joe, free by making him the keystone that was rejected by "the builders" (destroyers is more like it).

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Cor Leonis

I learned from reading the Bible

I made that mistake once myself.

Peace and love to you,

RT

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm ready to meet thy maker and mine too because it's got lots of splainin to do! How come Coca-Cola made a more tasty beverage than water? How come his followers still use the word "Thy" in this day and age? If he was the king of the Jews, why is there a whole gaggle of Chinese people in the apartment below me singing "Jesus loves me this I know?"

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join