It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready To Meet Thy Maker

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
every human generation has it's end times doom and gloomers....people love to scare the crap out of other people, it's used by people that do not have the power of wealth or privilege

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That is not the point i was making at all. I agree with you that we are not fighting for religion. But christianity is the rallying call which is used to bring support to the cause.

Plus name one potus who did not claim to be a christian.

edit on 10-12-2013 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

THAT'S NOT THE REMNANTS OF A COMET IT WAS AN ASTEROID. Let's stick to apples. If you want to talk about oranges then start a thread about oranges.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I don't see why we have to serve a master at all. What's with this "servant and master" nonsense? I thought Lincoln relieved us of that archaic rubbish. Might as well drag out the leather suits and the ball-and-gag kits.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Smiting god ??
How's this God sucks the big one.
I am not afraid.

Wouldn't it be cool if Morgan Freeman shows up at my for later today.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Hindsight is always 20/20.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

benrl

Woodcarver

benrl

Stormdancer777
Oh and by the way it isn't just the Bible that predicts the end, most cultures and religions do, including Native American and Buddhism.

Maybe an ancient memory of past events stored in our DNA

edit on 103131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

That or their are forces at play that have a script and a plan,

This could both be natural (secret orders, as suggested) Or supernatural.

Either way it would behoove oneself to know the script someone seems to be playing off of...

I always like watching these threads, as you get to see the rhetoric and ignorance of both sides at play.

From the theists that don't understand their own theology... To the atheist, and its always funny to me that it is the Juedo Christian threads that get the most action from them, Don't often see them trolling the Wiccan/Shamanic/Buddhist/or just about any other "supernatural" Topic threads.

Because lets be honest, if your an atheist than this should fall under such speculative threads as Ghost, Aliens, Big Foot, or just about any speculative topic on ATS. But its Christianity that gets the wild hair up their asses...

This mostly attributed to the case that shammans, wiccans, and buddhists, arent in charge of changing the legislation of our governments. They are easily ignored. But when the potus starts blowing the horns of war based on his "beliefs" or any legislation is passed based on an outdated view of how the world works, then the educated minority takes notice.

educated minority takes notice...

Okay,

You honestly think, that what happens in government is no more than pandering?

That the "religious" actually tell them what to do, that is pretty funny and uneducated in an of it self.

An honest "educated" look at US history proves one thing, "religion" is the last thing we have been fighting for, at least in the past 80-70 years.

Religion is the divisive element they hold up so the "educated" have someone to blame, just like the right holds up the "lib".

If your still buying into that whole divide, the last thing I would consider you is "educated".

I'd take an issue with those religions and topics too if they constantly beat me over the head with how I'm a sinner and that the end is coming and blah blah blah. I guess mostly, it is the judgmental nature of the religion as well as the insinuations that my lifestyle may be wrong because I happen to do things that the church disagrees with. Not to mention, it seems that most of the ignorance spewed from Americans these days seems to come from Christians. Somehow they got it into their heads that this is God's country or some nonsense, despite the fact that we have NEVER been noble or better than any other country with our own share of skeletons in the closet or the fact that Christianity didn't originate anywhere near this country.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wish "He'd" go ahead and get on with it already. It's the waiting that's killing me...

/sarcasm

I will give you a star for trying to save my immortal soul through fear mongering though.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

All serve a "master" whether they like it or not, and whether they believe it or not.

An interesting concept, really, and quite readily evidenced. Once you take personification out of it, it applies to pretty much everything.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I don't see why we have to serve a master at all. What's with this "servant and master" nonsense? I thought Lincoln relieved us of that archaic rubbish. Might as well drag out the leather suits and the ball-and-gag kits.

We don't. I'm using their their scriptures as an example of how easily religious humanity can miss the point of even a simple concept such as the "Narrow Gate".

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

benrl

Woodcarver

benrl

Stormdancer777
Oh and by the way it isn't just the Bible that predicts the end, most cultures and religions do, including Native American and Buddhism.

Maybe an ancient memory of past events stored in our DNA

edit on 103131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

That or their are forces at play that have a script and a plan,

This could both be natural (secret orders, as suggested) Or supernatural.

Either way it would behoove oneself to know the script someone seems to be playing off of...

I always like watching these threads, as you get to see the rhetoric and ignorance of both sides at play.

From the theists that don't understand their own theology... To the atheist, and its always funny to me that it is the Juedo Christian threads that get the most action from them, Don't often see them trolling the Wiccan/Shamanic/Buddhist/or just about any other "supernatural" Topic threads.

Because lets be honest, if your an atheist than this should fall under such speculative threads as Ghost, Aliens, Big Foot, or just about any speculative topic on ATS. But its Christianity that gets the wild hair up their asses...

This mostly attributed to the case that shammans, wiccans, and buddhists, arent in charge of changing the legislation of our governments. They are easily ignored. But when the potus starts blowing the horns of war based on his "beliefs" or any legislation is passed based on an outdated view of how the world works, then the educated minority takes notice.

educated minority takes notice...

Okay,

You honestly think, that what happens in government is no more than pandering?

That the "religious" actually tell them what to do, that is pretty funny and uneducated in an of it self.

An honest "educated" look at US history proves one thing, "religion" is the last thing we have been fighting for, at least in the past 80-70 years.

Religion is the divisive element they hold up so the "educated" have someone to blame, just like the right holds up the "lib".

If your still buying into that whole divide, the last thing I would consider you is "educated".

Some 80% of americans are some type of christians. So yea the religious are telling the government what they want. The problem is that the religious are easily led. I actually think that we are in agreement on this.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've ready met my makers. I was introduced to them the day I was born. I call them Mom and Dad.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Serdgiam

All serve a "master" whether they like it or not, and whether they believe it or not.

An interesting concept, really, and quite readily evidenced. Once you take personification out of it, it applies to pretty much everything.

I'll be my own master, thank you much. I am the one and only person who has stuck by my side through thick and thin, wiped my tears off and shared my laughter, weathered the storms and danced in the sunshine. I am the only person in the whole wide world who has earned ANY right to tell me what to do with my life.

So thanks, but I already have a master, if it can even be called that.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

lupodigubbio

AfterInfinity

We don't. I'm using their their scriptures as an example of how easily religious humanity can miss the point of even a simple concept such as the "Narrow Gate".

I'm not sure what your point is regarding this "Narrow Gate".

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I figured you would go in that direction.

Would you mind sharing how you have broken the laws of physics? If you are your own master, this should surely be an easy task.

Its just the reality in play. Though, I do believe we have the capability to be the master of what we create, but not ourselves in entirety.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The Red cross, FEMA ,Amnisty Intl, Americares, Medical teams Intl., Doctors without boarders.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Serdgiam

I figured you would go in that direction.

Would you mind sharing how you have broken the laws of physics? If you are your own master, this should surely be an easy task.

Its just the reality in play. Though, I do believe we have the capability to be the master of what we create, but not ourselves in entirety.

Being my own master doesn't require breaking the laws of physics. I do find it interesting that you equate the term "master" with "superman". Maybe you should review your terminology.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

If you are no one special as you say, then you are the same as any other poorly informed person and should stop your post right there.

If we want to learn something about astronomy we consult an astronomer. If we want our toilet fixed we find a plumber.

If we want someone to blather ignorantly we can find any random person to do that.

But I'm going to take your word for it that you are not anyone special and disregard everything past that first sentence.

Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Being my own master doesn't require breaking the laws of physics.

You missed my point. If YOU are subject to the laws of physics, YOU are not the master. You are a subject of the universe. Excluding any religious notions, the universe is your master. You are not your own.

If free will exists, that means you have the capability to choose where to divert energy and resources. But, even so, you must do so under the rules of your master.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

ElohimJD

For all who consider themselves "born again" Christians, have failed to answer what is written in the Word (Bible).

One way of life to be lived, One truth of what is, One law for peace among men, One plan for the salvation of all mankind, One Passover sacrifice for the redemption of sins.

According to the Word of God, no man is "born again" until they are born of spirit IN the Kingdom of God (Elohim) at the sounding of the final trumpet (7th) on the day of Christ's return is the first moment in history God will redeem man from the world.

In physical flesh the greatest state one can attain is to be "begotten" of God not "made" (born). On the day of Christ's return (very, very, very soon) 144,000 individual human beings that lived and died on Earth will be "born again" of spirit essence as brothers and sisters with Christ in the Kingdom of God on Earth. This is the truth written in the Word of God, revealed through the office of an apostle of the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, a truth you cannot believe at this time while uttering the words you choose to identify yourself as.

God Bless,

Thank you for the contribution.

Revelation gets me confused. If I compare it to physical changes that people who are experience physical effects of chakras then the forehead would be the pressure of the third eye and the 7 trumpet can be the crown chakra opening to increased awareness of both body and mind. But it all depends on interpretation. Are the people who are feeling the third eye the sealed ones or the opposite? And I never gotten the reference to the mark on the right hand.

Any thoughts?
edit on 10-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join