It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready To Meet Thy Maker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Cor Leonis
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Who asked you. If you have already read about these issues and are getting tired of them. Why keep reading?

No one has to ask me anything for me to feel compelled to share my opinion. I also feel I am not alone in having this opinion. At this point, everyone who cares about your message has already received it. There's no need to continue blaring it like we've never heard it before.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Revolution9

We have meteor showers that occur on a regular schedule. These are the remnants of comets and so far that has not happened so no it couldn't. Those are dark ages beliefs proven wrong by science.

www.popsci.com...

Some 66 million years ago, a giant space object of some kind slammed into Earth right around the Yucatan peninsula. The resultant explosion sent debris high into the atmosphere; the dust resettled to earth newly enriched with the elements iridium and osmium--elements that are much more abundant in space than on Earth--and formed a thin layer in the rock strata now called the K-Pg boundary. A side effect of this violent impact was the extinction of most of the megafauna--dinosaurs, etc--living during that time. The impact site itself was discovered in 1978 by a geologist working for an oil company, but it wasn't until 1990 that the now-named Chicxulub crater was associated with the proposed impact that caused the mass extinctions. Since 1990, scientists have debated the nature of the rock that hit Earth--asteroid or comet? The scientists know generally how big the explosion would have had to be in order to create the fallout found in drill samples. Based on the size of the explosion and the amount of iridium and osmium deposited at the K-Pg boundary, the most common theory is that the impactor was carbonaceous asteroid about 13 kilometers across. But scientists from Darmouth College argue that the real culprit was a comet.

I believe the Bible talks about natural disasters.

The Toba supereruption (Youngest Toba Tuff or simply YTT[2]) was a supervolcanic eruption that occurred sometime between 69,000 and 77,000 years ago at the site of present-day Lake Toba (Sumatra, Indonesia). It is recognized as one of the Earth's largest known eruptions. The related catastrophe hypothesis holds that this event caused a global volcanic winter of 6–10 years and possibly a 1,000-year-long cooling episode.
en.wikipedia.org...
The Toba event [3][4] is the most closely studied super-eruption.[5] In 1993, science journalist Ann Gibbons suggested a link between the eruption and a bottleneck in human evolution, and Michael R. Rampino of New York University and Stephen Self of the University of Hawaii at Manoa gave support to the idea. In 1998, the bottleneck theory was further developed by Stanley H. Ambrose of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Genetic bottleneck theory

The Toba eruption has been linked to a genetic bottleneck in human evolution about 50,000 years ago,[28][29] which may have resulted from a severe reduction in the size of the total human population due to the effects of the eruption on the global climate.[30]

According to the genetic bottleneck theory, between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago, human populations sharply decreased to 3,000–10,000 surviving individuals.[31][32] It is supported by genetic evidence suggesting that today's humans are descended from a very small population of between 1,000 to 10,000 breeding pairs that existed about 70,000 years ago.[33]

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

It's kind of odd. I was once a very fervent Christian and nothing could break my faith. Stuff happened in my life that changed all of that. Just this year I have been fighting to regain the ground I had when I was a Christian and slowly I have been seeing my Lord and Savior work through me. I am doing random acts that I wouldn't have done when I wasn't a Christian. I am slowly becoming what I once was. I asked God to act through me and help me while I was in my troubled waters. I know without a shadow of a doubt the Lord has come for me again and has asked me to do many things. It's like it took me getting lost and falling into a horribly dark place to truly understand Gods words and that I should never become a complacent Christian. Don't take for granted what was given because it can be taken in a swift second. I know this I learned it. God came to me on many different levels not just sleeping, but in ways of actions that I just know myself in the situation I am in financially I would never had done. With no regret not batting an eye. This is my Lord working wonders through me to people. Thank you for posting this today. I actually am relieved to know that I will be standing next to a great spiritual warrior when the battle between dark and light happens. Know you have a brother in arms that has lived and seen the dark and will fight for our God and all of mankind when needed!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

How has your prophecies so far proved? If I were to examine your previous prophecies, would any of them have proven correct? or are they steeped in religious nut-jobbery?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Toadmund
(I am not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that. (being gay) )
edit on 10-12-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

Just curious, if there is nothing wrong with it, then why the need to clarify that you are not?
edit on 10-12-2013 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So basically, the OP is one giant sermon (thanks for that, now I can watch football on Sunday without feeling guilty about not going to church, of course I wouldn't have gone anyways. Screw church). It informs us of nothing that we didn't already know or were told on a daily basis and provides no insight towards anything coming in the future despite being located in the Predictions & Prophecies forum. The OP's evidence for this non-prophecy is the bible that says that God loves us all and the proof of this is sending His only son then brutally having his son killed by the very people he is supposed to be saving. Of course this all neglects the undeniable fact that the bible was written by men, who aren't infallible and prone to lying.

The OP mentions a rise in evil in this world. Um OP, the world has 7 billion people in it. I imagine that with the drastic rise in population levels, people doing evil and immoral things would naturally rise as well. Natural disasters would also do more damage since it would be easier for them to hit civilized areas.

Besides OP, Revelations has already happened:

4 big myths of Book of Revelation

The author of Revelation was trying to encourage the followers of Jesus at a time when their world seemed doomed. Think of the Winston Churchill radio broadcasts delivered to the British during the darkest days of World War II.

Revelation was an anti-Roman tract and a piece of war propaganda wrapped in one. The message: God would return and destroy the Romans who had destroyed Jerusalem.

The Book of Revelations and the Romans

Whether written during Nero’s rule or Domitian’s, the Book of Revelations clearly demonstrates the strain placed on first century Christian practitioners. The book promises salvation, the coming messiah, and a judgment against the wicked. Good and evil are clearly delineated and in conflict. The final battle is preceded by the tribulation and unprecedented disasters befall the world. Eventually, the messiah arrives to rescue the pure of heart and destroy evil. Afterward, peace reigns supreme. A new heaven and Earth replace the old and the good live with God for eternity. The lamb is the key figure in this morality play.

Obviously the Roman Empire has fallen, Christianity (or rather Catholicism) emerged victorious and was able to oppress Europe for a few hundred years by letting it wallow in abject poverty all the while it was funneling wealth to its priests and deacons. The church went on to convert people by the sword and torture those who weren't Christian and thanks to all that is one of the most popular religions in the world (despite Christians STILL complaining that they are constantly persecuted lol) So what's the big deal? Why are we still worried about this chapter of the bible that has already transpired?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

I am disappointed in your story. You must believe you are inherently helpless and corrupt, and that saddens me. I wish you could have found the strength in yourself to be a good person. God is just as bad as being an alcoholic. It robs you of your independence and self-confidence, and you wind up believing you can't do anything unless you have a bottle in your hand. Peace of mind is a myth unless you're drunk or on the God-pill. That's exactly what it is: a drug.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I read your OP thinking an interesting prophecy was in there......

After reading it I feel like I just sat through a Southern Baptist preachers sermon.

You really should have put this in Rant since you really say nothing useful or interesting.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

None of the prophecies from the bible have come true. They are 0 for 0 . Not a single one. Ever. How much do I have to stress this. Zero zilch nada. You just have to believe. Faith is a filthy word that imprisions people. Set yourselves free. Try education instead.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This kind of a smiting God thread is done by PTB and also this fundamental brotherhood agenda, put forth by both the PTB and even CHINA its their vicious NWO idea.

And God is Love. There is a large force of people that came specifically here, (our souls aren't created in this school, we're infinite parts of infinity, though as fractals have Parents), and we're here for whatever dark hat agendas are coming forth to wake people up so they choose love, peace, goodness and abundance, progression and advancement of all people, because that is truly God's Will anything positive, loving and kind, all that is good. God is Peace, Love and Goodness and wants everyone to progress.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have read some hum-dingers on here before...but I gotta tell ya, this one takes the cake. It's beyond vague. So I am to meet my maker/makers... exactly what day can I expect Vernon & Esther to dig themselves up out of the ground. Sure would be nice to be there when they dig out...as so the little ones dont become frightened and run away screaming. This needs to be in the religous forum under the title.....Bull sh%t. Actually you should just re-name the religous forum.....Bull sh%t.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Well except for the prophecies that they wrote after what they were prophesying had already happened. They totally blew my mind. I mean how else would they have accurately guessed what happened in the past?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Klassified

There are many

You said "it" hasn't been sent to the hoax bin yet. Were you referring to a particular thread?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Cor Leonis
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I did not say anyone is wrong. I said the Word of God is truth! And, The Word of God says, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

What does the Word of God say is the Sign/Mark/Symbol that you are His people and He is your God; Forever and throughout your generations?

If you know this answer and you live according to your faith in it, then there is the potential for fellowship with God.

For all who consider themselves "born again" Christians, have failed to answer what is written in the Word (Bible).

Jesus Christ as the example obeyed (bared the Mark of God). Do you?

One way of life to be lived, One truth of what is, One law for peace among men, One plan for the salvation of all mankind, One Passover sacrifice for the redemption of sins.

According to the Word of God, no man is "born again" until they are born of spirit IN the Kingdom of God (Elohim) at the sounding of the final trumpet (7th) on the day of Christ's return is the first moment in history God will redeem man from the world.

In physical flesh the greatest state one can attain is to be "begotten" of God not "made" (born). On the day of Christ's return (very, very, very soon) 144,000 individual human beings that lived and died on Earth will be "born again" of spirit essence as brothers and sisters with Christ in the Kingdom of God on Earth. This is the truth written in the Word of God, revealed through the office of an apostle of the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, a truth you cannot believe at this time while uttering the words you choose to identify yourself as.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
For one thing, the prophecies of the end were specifically shut up/sealed so that they would not be understood until their time had come. That we are really starting to glimpse what they mean is in and of itself a warning that their time is coming close. And I understand that people have always been seeing them come about, but always before the matches have been poor.

So, while the actual events themselves will come suddenly. There are signs that we can see. There are warnings that we should notice. And it's these things most of us who are aware of the prophecies in Revelation and Daniel and other places are reacting to.

It could be that we pass this time of trouble and move on and another era comes on us where the matches are even better, but until that happens, we see times that look like they are aligning. Certainly the rebirth of Israel as its own nation was a major fulfillment, and we know that generation shall not pass away before the end comes. If it does, then a prophecy will have failed for the first time. We are drawing close to knowing for sure one way or another.

As for being born again, it not an exclusively fundamentalist term. My husband and I would describe ourselves thus, and we are neither one fundamentalist. For one thing, he's a scientist and strict fundamentalism would severely impact his career path. All it really means is that you have accepted Christ and called God into your heart and life in order to help guide you. You are now indwelt by a small part of the Holy Spirit.

As to the effects it has on you, I've never really struggled much with my faith, but my husband has. He went through a flirtation with atheism in college. He said those years were some of the coldest and loneliest of his life. He'd be a better one to talk about how accepting God changes you because he came back. I do know that it's comforting and grants you a measure of peace and the ability to accept what comes. It certainly isn't the neverending life of guilt most make it out to be. It also makes me aware of the others around me and makes me want to help them.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Hey quick observation here on my part. Wouldn't most Christians be marked for the beast since every time they go to church on Sunday, they are breaking one of the Ten Commandments? Of course they can ask for forgiveness all the time, but every time they work on Saturday or don't go to church, they are disobeying God.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If someone says they have a lot to say about things coming, its implies they've been sent out to say them, with a direct message from someone. ie. he had a direct revelation or message, during sleep or maybe over time meetings with his Maker or someone.

Otherwise if its just because you're born again, you're saying, I just got brainwashed into this belief system and this belief system supports a smiting God and end times that are being carried out by the elite here, and various other events, and so I have this message that I have to share based on a vengeful, smiting and judgmental program I just installed in my brain via a fundamental religion.

Sorry, that is the thing the real God/Goodness/God Family/Higher Ups want us to wake up from and overcome. Being tools for the PTB in any capapcity. And their slave systems.

Whereas rather than adopting limiting beliefs on a smiting God, you should pay attention to a real NDE and a woman who crossed over, and found out how much Love and Goodness its all about, and lessons we learn in each lifetime. When she came back she was cured of end stage cancer in 2 weeks, and has the most wonderful message to give.

And this is the real stuff, not a smiting message directly from the Rockefellers to us via you.

Anita Moorjani - The Healing Power of Unconditional Love

I'm just so sick of it. It bears false witness against my Mother and Father and what Love even is, what its all about. It twists God into the opposite of God and thats what they've been doing all along. And I speak up. I've heard Dad's voice and Mom, and its all about Love. I don't like hearing false crapola all the time. I've been on threads where the one giving a wonderful message received death threats, even got phoned at his home, and when I wrote to one of them, I got a threat.

The boxes they work the strongest on earth and keep everyone in to carry out all their wars, divisions, starvation and domination games with are fundamental religions.

Whereas the bible is a gnostic metaphoric body of writings to show you how to defeat your inner dragon with your inner Michael. It takes place within you, is all about inner processes, and you never get to point your finger at others, just look at the man/woman in the mirror and work on overcoming your judgments, and meanness, control of others, anger, and grow Love, work on your flaws.

And the fundamentalists can't even see that they're being used, and when you tell them, why did Jacob meet God in his pineal, in genesis 32 30. They try to counter with another passage that has to be taken into account as either Rome, or another gnostic message, or some other code. Thinking they can blow up some passages with others they misinterpret.

God is Love. worshipping an outer smiting idol is idolatry.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Aphorism

None of the prophecies from the bible have come true.

Well that is not exactly correct either.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Bible passages predict the return of Israel to the land of Palestine. Here are only two.

Ezekiel 20:34 - "I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered -- with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath."

Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."

Israel, a nation that had not really existed as a separate nation for nearly 2,500 years, was declared a new sovereign state by an act of the United Nations on May 14, 1948. The nation was born in a day.

Isaiah 66:8 NIV - "Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labour than she gives birth to her children."

peace-of-mind.net...

Secular history.

Secular history of the world involves kings and their conquests. Recorded history started from the Sumerians in the Euphrates river basin (Mesopotamia) in the present day Iraq. The records are in the form of cuneiform engravings in tablets of clay. Subsequently, historical records were in the form of writing on animal skins or parchment paper, statues, bas-relief pictures, mosaic, coins, paintings etc.

Babylonian Empire. 605-539 BC.
There exists a tablet of stone describing King Nebuchadnezzar capturing Jerusalem and bringing the inhabitants (Jews) to Babylon for exile.
This nation corresponds to the head made of fine gold of the statue in the dream of King Nebuchadnezzar interpreted by Daniel (Dan 2:32)
This empire is known for its majesty and grandeur as depicted in its hanging gardens and Hammurabi Code of law. It is also likened to a lion in its majesty. (Dan 7:4)

Persian Empire. 539-356 BC.
There exists a Cylinder of Cyrus describing the destruction of Babylon by King Cyrus of Persia in 539 BC.
This empire started off as an alliance of the Medes with the Persians. The Persians eventually gained ascendancy. The empire is likened to a ram with two horns, the Medes and Persians. (Dan 8:3) This nation corresponds to the chest and arms made of silver in the dream of King Nebuchadnezzar interpreted by Daniel. (Dan 2:32) The army of this empire is likened to a bear, being big and ungainly. (Dan 7:5)

Greek Empire. 356-146 BC.
Alexander the great 356-323 BC. conquered the vastly bigger Persian armies in three decisive battles, Granicus in 334 BC, Issus in 333BC and Gaugamela in 331 BC. He is acknowledged to be the father of modern maneuver warfare. After a campaign which lasted 12 years, he was master of a vast area which stretched from Greece to the Punjab in India. He died probably of Malaria at 33 years of age in Babylon..
This nation corresponds to the belly and thighs made of brass in the dream of King Nebuchadnezzar interpreted by Daniel (Dan 2:32). The army of this empire is likened to a leopard, swift and maneuverable (Dan 7:6). This empire is also likened to a ferocious goat with one horn. The single horn is Alexander the Great. The horn was broken soon after the goat vanquished the ram with fury (Dan 8:5). After the death of Alexander, his kingdom was divided into four kingdoms corresponding to the four horns of the goat which arose after the single horn was broken (Dan 8:8, 21-22): Cassander in Greece, Lysmachus in Thrace, Seluceus I Nicator in Mesopotamia and Iran, and Ptolomy I in the Levant and Egypt. These later consolidated into two kingdoms, the Ptolomies and the Seleucids
One of the subsequent kings, Antiochus Epiphanes (Epiphanes' name means God made manifest.) sacrificed swine in the temple at Jerusalem and declared himself as god (168 BC.) (Dan 8:9-11)

Roman Empire. 146 BC- 313 AD.
This empire is corresponds to the legs of iron in the dream of Nebuchadnezer interpreted by Daniel (Dan 2:33). The army of this empire is likened to a cruel beast that shows no mercy. (Dan 7:7)
Flavius Josephus records the Jewish revolt and the subsequent six-month siege of Jerusalem by general Titus, son of Caesar Vespasian. He records the desperate starvation in Jerusalem where mothers cannibalized their children. (Deut 28:53,57) (Matt 24:19)
The Romans massacred about one million Jews.
The gold covered temple was burnt down during the capture and the gold was plundered by the soldiers who took down every stone in order to retrieve the melted gold fragments (Matt 24:2).
The remaining survivors were in such poor condition that when they were shipped to Alexandria, Egypt for sale as slaves, no one would buy them. (Deut 28:68)
A special coin was minted to commemorate the capture of Jerusalem. This depicted the Emperor Vespasian looking down on a Jewish slave woman in the presence of an olive tree depicting the state of Israel.
The Arch of Titus was erected in Rome to commemorate the victorious Romans. It is still standing today.

The history of Israel.
What happened to Jerusalem after it’s sacking in AD 70?
Jerusalem was under various powers from 70 to 1948 AD.
Rome. 70 to 313 AD.
Byzantine. 313 to 636 AD.
Arabs. 636 to 1099 AD.
Latin (Roman Catholic Pope). 1099 to 1291 AD.
Mameluke. 1291 to 1516 AD.
Ottoman. 1516 to 1917 AD.
British. 1918 to 1948 AD.
In 1945 two shocking events occurred. One was the detonation of nuclear weapons in Japan and the other was the discovery of the death camps of Auschwitz, Treblinka, Belzec, Sobibor, Majdanek and Buchenwald. The Holocaust saw the systematic extermination (genocide) of about 6 million Jews by Nazi Germany.
Moved to remorse, the leaders of the nations of the world supported the creation of the state of Israel in Palestine. In 1948, the independent Republic of Israel was formed with the recognition of the United Nations.
Many Jews came back from 70 countries to settle in the land. Almost immediately, the Jews faced war from their Arab neighbors. A rag-tag civilian army of about 20,000 men battled the combined military might of Egypt, Jordan and Syria and emerged victorious after six months of bitter fighting.
The Sinai war of 1954 saw the Arab invaders losing the Sinai Peninsula to Israel.
In the six-day war of 1967, the Arab Invaders lost Jerusalem and the west bank of the Jordan River to Israel.
In the Yom Kippur war of 1973, the invader Syria lost the Golan Heights to Israel.
The land became populated, with many Jews returning from the countries of the Diaspora. It had about 3 million inhabitants before the Romans sacked it in AD 70. The population dwindled to about 5,000 in the 1300s. It rose to about 1 million in 1954 and about 5 million in 2004. The towns became cities (Ezek 37:1-28).
Since 1948, the land became fertile and productive. Its fruits became widely available worldwide.
Israel since independence in 1948 has been a focus of trouble in the Middle East and for the rest of the world. From being a victim, the Jews with the victories in the four wars and the subjugation of the Palestinian people, they have taken on the role of the big bully. Sympathy for them is now on the decline. The Palestinians are now spawning terrorist activities in order to achieve the political aim of creating an independent Palestinian nation. Groups with political ambitions in other Arab states have jumped on the fashionable wagon of Islamic fundamentalism to perpetrate systematic terrorism.
The European nations have decided to co-operate and formed European Common Market. They have further unified by forming the European Union and using a common currency. With the United States’ invasion of Iraq, the European nations are distancing themselves from the United States. However they are still connected by The North Atlantic Treaty Organization. This is being expanded to include some of the states of the former Soviet Bloc.
The United States, which is mainly ethnically derived form the European peoples can be considered as an offshoot of the European nations. However, the Jews in the United States have a disproportionately large political influence. They comprise the captains of industry, professions and media. It is no wonder that the United States is subsidizing Israel to the tune of about a billion dollars a year in assistance of various kinds.
There have been numerous attempts to resolve the Arab-Israeli conflict. The European nations and the United States have tried to broker peace deals without success so far. The election of Hamas by the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza has further complicated the situation. The failed war against Hezbollah in Lebanon has added to insecurity in Israel.

sunandshield.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well said. I'm not religious or very spiritual, but what you said still rings true to me. Revelations is just another cop out from Christians so they don't have to take responsibility for the world's problems and let someone else take care of them. If we want the problems in this world to be fixed WE need to own up to them. Not let someone or something else take care of them for us. Christians complain day in and day out about the rise in evil in this world, yet are doing little to nothing to stem the tide, are enabling much of it through their apathy, and are probably even contributing to it. If Revelations as described in the bible was actually true, I'm sure the majority of Christians in this world would be in for a HUGE wakeup call when they find out that they aren't part of the initial rapture or part of God's chosen or whatever interpretation you want to go with. Most of them would readily accept the mark of the beast while decrying it at the same time.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

What do you think we should do about it?

What do you think all the charity orgs and hospitals and other Christian orgs are all for? Whom do you think marshals large groups of people to muster to disaster zones to help out every time something nasty happens in this nation regardless of the faith of the people touched?

But ... no, we don't do anything to help people. Go on believing that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join