It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Life and Times of a Shill: An Autobigraphy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ahh, wouldn't that make an interesting read? Pick up a copy at Barnes 'n' Noble? I came up with this thread to mostly rail about how asinine the Left/Right paradigm is. Upon revelation that HR992 passed -bipartisan- on Nov 30, it hit me that indeed, the Left/Right game is just that: a Game.

While the masses who are either Democrat or Republican spend their time too busy with their fingers in the other's face whilst shouting each other down, the "elected" Republican or Democrat sitting on their throne is cackling about how stupid we all are and cooperating fully in our destruction.

It dawned on me while having a conversation with my Pops (a Republican) that most people are so blinded by part affiliation that they refuse to believe that their party is truly evil. He's convinced that voting still matters on the national stage, and was adamant (and still is) during the last election that me not voting for either ridiculous Manchurian candidate equals a vote for Obama. He subscribes to the notion that a vote for the "lesser" of two evils is not evil at all. He dismisses my stance that if both are corrupt, and if neither represents me, and I disagree wholeheartedly with both candidates, I can't vote for either with a clean conscience.

Thus, to my old man, I'm a dirtbag who voted for Obama by default. A silly stupid notion, and I believe he forgot that the popular vote does NOT vote in a President.

This is a trait shared by both mainstream parties. Both parties are so entrenched in corrupt deeds that no politician is immune from corruption after prolonged exposure at the altar of greed.

Back to the masses for another example of the lies from Capitol Hill. We believe that our troops are "fighting for our freedoms." As a veteran of the most current Iraqi debacle, I can surely attest that we are not. After 12 years of war, we have not accomplished a thing. If this was about the attack on 9/11, we go in, lay waste, then leave. Bombing them back to the Stone Age sends a REAL message. Instead we're still playing footsie with the Taliban. The Iraq "WMD" junk was another lie. And then there was Libya, and almost Syria. All lies, or suspicious circumstances.

I mentioned these things to point out that the freedoms we have aren't being threatened by a few ragtag groups of pissed off religious warriors. We have more than military might to handle that. We handle the job, we COME HOME, and we take care of business at home. )I won't get into the myriad of theories of our involvement there.) Though the Democrats claimed to be against all of this... we're still over there. With a Democrat Commander in Chief.

Next the spying. BOTH parties are fine and dandy with NDAA and egregious violations of our Constitutionally and God-given Rights. Some may feign to be indignant or ignorant, but if they truly disagreed with these tactics, this would not be an issue today.

I'll wrap up this rant now. I just wanted to parlay a few examples of how the establishment is just a farce. Simple as that. Enjoy your Monday, yo-ho!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

Yo Jack I gave you a star for this. Guess we can agree on something

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
TDLR... "Why's the sanity gone?"

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Your title, "The Life and times of a shill: an autobiography" has nothing at all to do with the body of your post. Did you mix up your threads or something?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yer, i agree that the thread title sucks, but i also agree 100 percent with the content of the op. Excluding local elections of course, i know for sure that your vote counts there and having a good representative for your district or in key elected positions pays off.

Democrat/Republican... bleh, maybe they weren't always, but now they are cut from the same filthy cloth. With MAYBE a couple of exceptions.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

schuyler
Your title, "The Life and times of a shill: an autobiography" has nothing at all to do with the body of your post. Did you mix up your threads or something?

I realized that someone might say that. It's really a silly title, what was on my mind when I think of apologists of the current paradigm. I have a knack for randomness merging with true intent. It's a curse.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

jokerzwild
Yer, i agree that the thread title sucks, but i also agree 100 percent with the content of the op. Excluding local elections of course, i know for sure that your vote counts there and having a good representative for your district or in key elected positions pays off.

Democrat/Republican... bleh, maybe they weren't always, but now they are cut from the same filthy cloth. With MAYBE a couple of exceptions.

Hey, I happen to like my title!

Seriously, think about what the word shill means. And think about all these losers like Glenn Beck and Limbaugh who are nothing but that: shills. They always seem to be writing some drivel, but what if they wrote the truth of what they really are?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You seem about right, but you voted for your man, right?

I don't intend to get into it except to lay out a couple of clear situations (not calling them facts).
Enough dirt was available for Obama's first election to send him to prison.
It didn't happen. The repubs didn't utter a sound, officially.
More than enough dirt was available for Obama's second election to send him to prison.
And the repubs didn't raise much of a fuss that time either.

I figure one of two scenarios: First, the parties are in cohoots because some other force is pulling their strings and wanted all of the dems' initiatives to get a foothold this turn.

Second choice: They really are independent parties and it was figured that Obama was going to self-destruct this term so they didn't let their man fight dirty so they could really bury the dems in 2016.

Over simplistic, I guess, but it gives me comfort in the madness of politics.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Aliensun

You seem about right, but you voted for your man, right?

I didn't vote for the office of President. All candidates that I felt represented my ideals and would have made suitable leaders either quit or were forced out. That left me staring at only 2 boxes that I could not check without blood being on my hands. To put in Southpark terms, I was left with the choice of a douche or a turd sandwich.

top topics

join