It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approached by the Secret Police?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I have told the truth, I have not exaggerated,

Well when you say in your OP that:

We proceeded to get very drunk

your recollection of events becomes highly questionable.

So right away everything you have said about what happened in the bar becomes dubious, whats more likely, you met a crazy girl in a bar or you were scouted by the "Secret police" (whoever they are) for work in military intelligence, which because of your medical background you couldn't do any way.

I also have no idea what the hell it was all about. I lean towards the 'experiment' idea tbh

Because you want to, not because that is what actually happened. Its just some egotistical trait that you have to be "special" in someway, they sought you out for their hypnotic experiment to see if they could plant a subliminal message into your mind to go and join the military because you are "special". Its much easier for your ego to digest that rather than, you met some crazy girl, then went to a Military careers office, tried to join military intelligence only to be told that you can't because you wouldn't even pass the medial. Its a lie that you have basically constructed.

Its the same egotistical trait that causes some members on ATS to believe that there must be a file with their name on it in some drawer deep inside the archives of the alphabet agencies.

It is a egoistical lie.

I know this because from my own experience and the experience of others i have know this is not how they work, they dont send some member of the "secret police" to plant subliminal messages into your mind through hypnosis. You either apply to intelligence (as i assume you did) or someone who is acquainted with you passes along your details to whatever intelligence service and they then contact you asking if you would be interested. THE DO NOT HYPNOTIZE YOU.

You, OSOTC, always lean towards the cynical viewpoint in anything you address on here

Do not confuse cynical with logical, what is more logical you met some crazy in a bar, or you were the subject of some super top secret experiment to hypnotize you into joining military intelligence?

you cannot prove that you were the subject of any such hypnotism nor is it in anyway logical that you would be and my own experiences and knowledge of military recruitment (although limited) does dictate that its also not how they go about recruiting there intelligence folks.

This logically leaves me with one conclusion, you are either lying or have confused and exaggerated events.

so I'm not surprised to see such a lack of insight - just a basic "You're lying", which if anything, seems a bit lazy.

First of all I seem to have more insight into the recruitment process of the military than you seem to have and secondly i am not being "lazy".

If i were being lazy i would just quite simply write "I think your a liar"

However that is not what i have done, I have went into detail why i believe you are either making this up (lying) or exaggerating your version of events.

One thing that surprises me is that people are so willing to dismiss anything out of the ordinary as a fabrication, on a conspiracy board no less.

So what because this is a conspiracy board you should just post something like this and everyone should just believe you. So if i write up a thread tomorrow claiming i am Jesus I should expect everyone to believe my by your logic.

Yes ATS a conspiracy board, for conspiracy discussion and debate, that does not mean it is a place for everyone to blindly believe everything anyone writes.

I was sharing it to see if anyone had any ideas - not really fussed about efforts to 'debunk' my experience

really, thank you for sharing but my idea is that your recollection of events is probably exaggerated because you were "very drunk" and that you have stretched the truth about your military interview.

It is not about "debunking" your experience its about explaining it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It all makes sense now....
This is why the UK intelligence community is so poor at it's job...it's because they are recruiting people who cant handle a situation whilst drunk (the stupid ) and people who've just got out of hospital (the sick) .

It's like they applied the opposite of the David Brent interview methodology ( throw half the CV's in the bin without looking them and you are left with the "lucky" people) if the mentally weak and sick are prime recruiting targets.

Don't know much about this (never happened to me personally) but I was under the impression that if you are invited into some sort of secret military/intelligence role; it is usually based on aptitude at something else..not your weaknesses.
If the Gov wanted weak people they have a very decent sized prospect base to be going at without risking exposure using drunk mind control recruitment in boozers.

Sorry OP but I think you're suffering from the now common "I must be special" syndrome.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nice that you've committed so much time to ridiculing / nitpicking my story - thanks! You must have some time on your hands...?

I maintain that I wasn't lying, and the story is true. To the best of my knowledge, something weird went on that cannot be explained by simple inebriation. I've been drunk many times before (as are so many people all over the world on the weekends, it isn't a "weakness") - I never had an experience like this, except on that one occasion, so the logic gap is clear.

As I said previously, I don't believe I was actually being recruited - I believe it was some sort of experiment - but by whom, I cannot say. People seem to have missed that point, preferring ridicule and nitpicking. Whatever.

And to the idiot/s who reckon/s I suffer delusions of grandeur, I don't. A simple tale of weirdness shared with ATS. Pfft. Why does anyone waste time sharing stories - in the GRAY AREA - on ATS? I know that if anything else happens to me, I won't bother sharing the details. Perhaps that is the point? Don't tell people that weird stuff happens, keep people separate and disparate from each other.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nice that you've committed so much time to ridiculing / nitpicking my story - thanks! You must have some time on your hands...?

Lol.
NSA nit-picking Trolls have all the time in the world.

It is their duty to ridicule the truth.

All the crap that they dish out everyday will come flying back in their faces soon.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

You must have some time on your hands...?

why yes I do, so what.

To the best of my knowledge, something weird went on that cannot be explained by simple inebriation

Well let me tell you what i think its a little strange,

that you just after getting out of hospital due to some back problem then go to the pub with your mate who you have only known for a few weeks who then introduces you to some girl and her mother who then brainwashes you as part of some experiment to see if you will sign up to the military.

let me tell you why i find that strange.

1. You have just got out of the hospital due to a chronic pain issue and one of the first things you do is head to the pub with a guy you have only known for a couple of weeks. This is strange for two reasons, firstly that you are going to the pub with a guy you hardly know and secondly, all that booze with those pain meds is not going to mix very well and I would guess you would know that. So you get out of hospital then go get drunk, just a little suspicious to me.

2. So some guy you basically dont know, only knew him for a couple of weeks, for some of that time you have been in hospital as well so i would recon at most you have met him twice before. This guy then introduces you to a mother daughter, mind control act, which he is then part of. That implies that firstly, mind control is a family trade and secondly they seem to think that a couple of weeks and when your just out of hospital is the best time to do this "experiment". that does not add up to me.

3. You have zero proof, yes this is the gray area and thats what its all about, but when all we have to go on is what you say happened then we have to nitpick at it to work out if what you are saying is true or not and in this instance it really does sound like a lie.

4. This mate of yours, yeah sorry he is the one character in this whole plot that does not make sense, i mean how did you meet him, why would he go drinking with you soon as you get out of hospital, why did you never speak to him again, did he not try to contact you and so on.

And to the idiot/s who reckon/s I suffer delusions of grandeur, I don't.

No its not quite delusions of grandeur its more a "I am special" mentality, its not like you are lying along the lines of "I have a IQ 500 and was once a super top secret CIA Assassin whose cover was as a F1 driver", that would be delusions of grandeur. This is more of a " they picked me because i am special" kind of BS, they are both probably the same.

However I would not say you have delusions of grandeur but that you have a unfilled ego that is creating these stories to make up for your failings in life. So your ego was hurt when you found out you could not join Military intelligence and so you have concocted this little tale to compensate for it, its a bit like walking down to a pub Hereford where every 20 stone football hooligan was once "in the SAS".

Perhaps that is the point? Don't tell people that weird stuff happens, keep people separate and disparate from each other.

No the point is separating the fantasy from the reality.

The reality is that you met some wired girl in a bar with her mum, then you went down to apply to join military intelligence and you failed, so to make up for it your ego created this little lie, that you yourself might even actually believe.

but deep down you know that you were drunk and where not the subject of some experiment.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Interesting link thanks for sharing,have you ever seen anyone do this?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Glz00

I found it strange but it did happen the way I described, i don't know what to make of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I went for a national intelligence agency type job once, when I got through all the psychological, IQ, personality testing I went for an interview in a building in the city, on the 20 something floor. I was not allowed to tell anyone about the interview or where I was. The reception area looked like any normal city office, but then they took me to an office that was behind, we had to got through a few security doors. I was sitting there and realized that no one knew where I was or what I had gone to do, I could have just disappeared and that would be the last of it. The man and woman interviewing me (impeccably dressed and groomed - I mean the best personal grooming I have ever seen) then told me the real nature of the job and I scuttled the interview then and there.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Very interesting story, FlyInTheOintment!

I wouldn't get too bogged down arguing with the sceptics who seem so preoccupied with the alcohol thing. Having been drunk myself plenty of times, I know it doesn't make you imagine things, hallucinate or distort your perception the way some drugs are supposed to. So I don't think the sceptics have a very strong argument in this case.

I am utterly baffled though at what could have been going on in your situation. Could these girls maybe just have been having a bit of fun - and enjoying a bit of silliness.The equivalent of some girl in a bar who wants to flirt with you taking your hand playfully so she can 'read your palm'?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

The whole room went quiet, like that scene from Vanilla Sky, and in response I was overwhelmed and had to go out for a cigarette. As I sat down outside, my friend came out to see me, followed by the daughter. He said that my eyes were glowing, and I had no words to respond with by this stage. The daughter then told me that I should remain on health related benefit, but that I should earn my keep by volunteering to work for the Army. Other things were said, and the day got even stranger - but a few weeks later, my brother suggested (out of the blue) that I should go into the Armed Forces career centre. This I did, and I was surprised to learn that there was a recommendation logged on the system, stating that I was suitable for military intelligence work. I was recorded as having been offered a place with the volunteers detachment - but due to a bout of depression soon thereafter, I didn't go to the HQ of the detachment.

maybe Methodological solipsism is where you should start?

So you dont get another depression

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join