It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Exodus Telltale

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
When Moses had defeated the king of Egypt, he completed the humiliation by stealing a truckload of gold and destroying the king and his army in an elaborate feat, before he fled the country in the dark of the night followed by hundreds of thousands Israeli runaways. So was it God who bred the frogs and locust, spread the pest, foresaw the darkness, mixed rust in the Nile and poisoned all the Egyptian firstborns, or is the truth more sinister— and human? I’ll let you chew on that a bit longer, for in this post I’ll explain exactly what happened when Moses &al walked across the Red Sea, walking on the sea bed with the water standing like walls to their left and right.

Nowhere in the text does it say ‘Red Sea’, it says ‘Sea of Reeds’, a play with words over the Egyptian name for ‘Paradise’: ‘The Field of Reeds’ a concept you find in the “Egyptian Book of the Dead” and elsewhere. Another thing you should know, is that the Egyptians built elaborate dams, dug out giant basins and used an intricate system of sluises to control irrigation and move water throughout the land and control the annual flooding of the Nile. They have found huge dams built by ancient Egyptians around the time of Moses. Take a look at en.wikipedia.org... for the remnants of one of them, built around 2650 BC. The Ankh cross was called the ‘Key of the Nile’ and they where actual keys used to open and close gates and sluises along the Nile, to fill and empty giant lakes and basins in intricate systems in order to make Egypt green and fertile, compared to today’s dry desert. Moses and his flock comes to one of these lake basins, whereupon Moses raises his hand and staff and the water parts both ways until the water stands like a wall to the left and right. In simple, Moses signals to the dam workers and they open and close the right sluises and close the gates to the left and right of Moses and his pack and they walk across the floor of the basin. When they are on the other side, Moses signals his insiders by the sluises by raising his staff again and they open the gates flooding the basin again, destroying the king and his army in the process. Now they could leave into the dead cold desert night, warmed by the unleavened bread reacting with the wine in their tummies raising the body temperature.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Interesting take/theory on Moses and the Red Sea. In general, I feel most of the super-natural acts in the Bible can be explained with technology, including flying disks.

Yahweh to me is an ET, with a sometimes aggressive and even a, dare I say, evil bent to his actions.

Try to imagine a loving, creator God for a moment. Are they angry or peaceful? Do they display vengeance, or are they above that? Would a Monotheistic God be jealous? Gods do not destroy cities, and first born children.

Imperfect creations, maybe those who modeled humans, combined with technology might though.

edit on 9-12-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

This parting of the sea sounds like a force field at work.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Or a חוֹמָה (Chowmah), lit. a 'joined wall' standing to the left and right of them.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Thank you, this is an explanation for the parting of the "sea of reeds" I've seen. I'll have to read the Wikipedia page you linked to. Did you say you're going to explain more of the miracles?

EDIT: The dam in the wiki article was never completed, and

The dam's failure likely made Egyptian engineers reluctant to construct another for nearly eight centuries.

Another indication that the dam may have been diminished due to flooding, or an overflow, is that the dam, itself, did not contain high quantities of silt, implying that the dam did not last long enough for the river to leave an obvious residual fingerprint on it.

Is there any historical evidence for a dam such as you propose was there? The page also indicates it wasn't a very sophisticated dam. I've never studied the history of dam's, so thank you for sparking that interest.

edit on 9-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I've always wondered if the fleeing Hebrews also stole the now infamous "Ark" which was stored in the supposed sarcophagus within the Great Pyramid that was used as a power source/ancient communication device. Which later the Hebrews after making their get away built the Temple of Solomon to house it in.

Why else would Pharaoh bother with chasing a bunch of trouble makers?

edit on 9-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Jchristopher5
Interesting take/theory on Moses and the Red Sea. In general, I feel most of the super-natural acts in the Bible can be explained with technology, including flying disks.

Mostly it can be explained with either hidden knowledge or unknown technology or things like Midraistic rhetorics, a way of explaining things in ways it may be understood as magic or miracles. When Jesus turned water into wine, all he did was serving water and explaining how the words for wine and water have the same origin and means 'drink', thus explaining water as the better wine. How everyone, children included, can drink it an be merry. No headaches or paranoia the day after and you keep your dignity and behave sober. Sort of "Water is the new wine" speech.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: cricial typo, changed 'wine' into 'water'. Oh the irony....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Aleister

Thank you, this is an explanation for the parting of the "sea of reeds" I've seen. I'll have to read the Wikipedia page you linked to. Did you say you're going to explain more of the miracles?

EDIT: The dam in the wiki article was never completed, and

The dam's failure likely made Egyptian engineers reluctant to construct another for nearly eight centuries.

Another indication that the dam may have been diminished due to flooding, or an overflow, is that the dam, itself, did not contain high quantities of silt, implying that the dam did not last long enough for the river to leave an obvious residual fingerprint on it.

Is there any historical evidence for a dam such as you propose was there? The page also indicates it wasn't a very sophisticated dam. I've never studied the history of dam's, so thank you for sparking that interest.

edit on 9-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Apparently the whole of Egypt was green and fertile back in the days which can be read in the ancient papyri and wall carvings, like the Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Prophecies of Thoth. The reasons were the Egyptian tamed the Nile and used it in a system of basins, sluises and greater dams. Below is a link to a Chinese article about one of these dams:

news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It had always been postured that the Ancient Hebrews built the pyramids or were slaves working on them. However we have the archaelogy of the Egyptian villages that housed the workforce who were mostly Egyptians, so we have no reason to think they were slaves fleeing Pharoah.

Also with the numbers how does anyone know how many Hebrews were involved, it cannot have been hundreds of thousands because there is no accommodation for that number of slaves etc. Had the Hebrews been the pyramid builders surely they would have bult a few but we have nothing constructed in the pyramid shape by them.

The Egyptians had terrific records and had a Pharoah been lost by drowning chasing intinerant workers it would have been recorded and a huge deal to bring in the next Pharoah - although why Pharoah would do the chasing in the first place and not send one of his commanders and a part of his armed forces is also inexplicable. None of this story makes any sense at all. The idea that they had visited Egypt and stolen something would not be surprising b ecause (I can't remember exactly who, but one of the early women, Rachel maybe stole something and sat on it claiming she was indisposed when a search was carried out.

The Hebrew Priesthood was trying to mould and invent a history for the people which was taken from other cultures and does not apply to the Hebrews. Noah, Abraham etc were not Hebrew yet they are adopted within the bible and many people think their aritifical history is true.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

SLAYER69
I've always wondered if the fleeing Hebrews also stole the now infamous "Ark" which was stored in the supposed sarcophagus within the Great Pyramid that was used as a power source/ancient communication device.

Though I believe the golden ark had certain static electricity attributes, I think the Israeli refugees constructed and engeneered it themselves, possibly inspired by similar devices made by the Egyptians. For instance the priests handling it wore special footware, and if the box was touched, people were struck dead or injured at the spot. Two layers of gold insulated by wood and with the two sets of wings of the Cherubim on top near touching at the middle, but not quite, possibly allowing for sparks to shoot between them, explained as the place God reveals himself for the priests and Moses. Sounds like a static accumulator devise to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

The Jews lived in "Gosen" in the Nile Delta, and the city they built was the city Akhetaten (El Amarna) (?), his name may have been Akhenaten or Amenhotep IV, the inventor of monotheism, king of queen Nefertiti and the father of Tut-Ankh-Amon.

Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV) (c. 1379-1361), was invested as king not in the Amen temple at Karnak as custom dictated, but at Hermonthis, where his uncle Inen was High Priest of Re and immediately began building a roofless temple to the Aten, the disk of the rising sun. He soon forbade the worship of other gods, especially of the state god Amen of Thebes. In the 6th year he changed his name from Amenhotep ("Amen is satisfied") to Akhenaten ("beneficial to Aten") and left Thebes for a new capital at Akhetaten (El Amarna).
www.reshafim.org.il...
edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added part about monotheism

edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added name of city

In his last book Moses and Monotheism, published in 1939, Freud argued that biblical Moses was an official in the court of Akhenaten, and an adherent of the Aten religion. After the death of Akhenaten, Freud’s theory goes, Moses selected the Israelite tribe living east of the Nile Delta to be his chosen people, took them out of Egypt at the time of the Exodus, and passed on to them the tenets of Akhenaten’s religion.
www.grahamhancock.com...
edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added the last quote and link about Freud

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim
When Moses had defeated the king of Egypt, he completed the humiliation by stealing a truckload of gold and destroying the king and his army in an elaborate feat, before he fled the country in the dark of the night followed by hundreds of thousands Israeli runaways. So was it God who bred the frogs and locust, spread the pest, foresaw the darkness, mixed rust in the Nile and poisoned all the Egyptian firstborns, or is the truth more sinister— and human? I’ll let you chew on that a bit longer, for in this post I’ll explain exactly what happened when Moses &al walked across the Red Sea, walking on the sea bed with the water standing like walls to their left and right.

Its easier to believe that the sea turned to blood rather than believing that the Hebrews were able to collect enough iron oxide to foul up the Nile. In fact the idea is so fantastic as to be truly hilarious. Its to bad frogs and locust are simply frogs and locusts, no way to spin that.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Moses signals to the dam workers and they open and close the right sluises and close the gates to the left and right of Moses and his pack and they walk across the floor of the basin.

I like that.

Tell me more.
edit on 073131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Logarock

Utnapisjtim

Its easier to believe that the sea turned to blood rather than believing that the Hebrews were able to collect enough iron oxide to foul up the Nile. In fact the idea is so fantastic as to be truly hilarious. Its to bad frogs and locust are simply frogs and locusts, no way to spin that.

All you'd need is henna soil, and the place is full of it. Below is a picture of what the Yan Tse river looks like after iron oxide has been let out in the stream:

Another way is to breed red algae, turning the water red as blood as below:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
I like that.

Tell me more.

Thanks! And I will. Soon, possibly today, I'll post a thread explaining exactly how the Israelites destroyed the walls of Jerico. Stay on these roads

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

So then the Egyptians matched the feat just to show up Moses? And how did they go about getting enough of the soil in place? Even at that it would require a very large work force by the Egyptians other than their Hebrew labor force. Not to mention having to go a good way down river.

The photo you have here represents large scale disruption done by heavy modern earth moving equipment working mining/smelting operations far beyond what anyone was doing along the Nile.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

SLAYER69
I've always wondered if the fleeing Hebrews also stole the now infamous "Ark" which was stored in the supposed sarcophagus within the Great Pyramid that was used as a power source/ancient communication device.

Though I believe the golden ark had certain static electricity attributes, I think the Israeli refugees constructed and engeneered it themselves, possibly inspired by similar devices made by the Egyptians.

Yea sure, they found "similar devices" laying around all over Egypt.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Logarock

So then the Egyptians matched the feat just to show up Moses? And how did they go about getting enough of the soil in place? Even at that it would require a very large work force by the Egyptians other than their Hebrew labor force. Not to mention having to go a good way down river.

The photo you have here represents large scale disruption done by heavy modern earth moving equipment working mining/smelting operations far beyond what anyone was doing along the Nile.

It doesn't say the Egyptian magicans did the exact same thing, only that they showed the king how easily it could be done, possibly by having a bucket of water and then put some kind of red pigment into it to make it red. The passage below shows what Moses did, and also letting you know how the Nile was used for artificial irrigation:

19 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers (lit. canals), and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water (lit. water basins), that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.
(Ex 7:19)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That's all water in the whole land. Even more impossible to be taken as iron oxide fouling. The logistics are just to great to even consider it. Plus it says that the Egyptians dug around for clean water but even the water underground was polluted. It also says that water already collected in storage was turned to blood. This means water in private cisterns turned foul, all over the whole land of Egypt.

Again its much easier to believe in a supernatural event. This thing is impossible to ascribe to some nation wide iron oxide sabotage.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Similar divices can bee seen in the first chapter of the Papyrus of Ani, also there were a few similar caskets found in the tomb of Tut-Ankh Amon, and what are they carrying in the pictures below?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join